Butlers - Laugh Laugh

jimmyw

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, can anybody tell me if the Butlers "Laugh Laugh" on Lost Nite is a reissue, I know a lot of the records on this label are reissues.

Cheers

Jimmyw

there is stuff like Lee Andrews "Cold grey dawn" and "Cant Get along without You" that only came out on Lost Nite. But Butlers first came out on Red then Blue text Phila lable as far as i know?

steve

Social source share

there is stuff like Lee Andrews "Cold grey dawn" and "Cant Get along without You" that only came out on Lost Nite. But Butlers first came out on Red then Blue text Phila lable as far as i know?

steve

Hi Steve, thanks, I know that there were a couple of local issues on Lost Nite that's what made me ask given that it was issued on Phila.

Jimmyw

Social source share

i do agree the easy option is to say that the red text copies were withdrawn because of the mispelt

artist credit and then correct it on the blue copies.it sold very well in philadelphia so they probably

let the red text copies out anyway. being a small set up they couldnt afford not to sell them. remember

it came out on lost nite and also on the collectables. im just trying to keep an open mind on the first issue

2nd issue talk because some people assume the harder release is always the first issue and that aint right.

all phil la copies are original anyway.

dave

Social source share

i do agree the easy option is to say that the red text copies were withdrawn because of the mispelt

artist credit and then correct it on the blue copies.it sold very well in philadelphia so they probably

let the red text copies out anyway. being a small set up they couldnt afford not to sell them. remember

it came out on lost nite and also on the collectables. im just trying to keep an open mind on the first issue

2nd issue talk because some people assume the harder release is always the first issue and that aint right.

all phil la copies are original anyway.

dave

I agree with you that people (not always correctly) assume that the rarer release is the first. But also, the previous number on the label also came out only on red text.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I thought that the red was first and got withdrawn because it was misspelt the Bulters

I can't believe it's not Bulters....I've got the blue one :lol: Who cares - it's a great tune and should get played and played until we all get sick of it :g:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

It seems an odd one to bring out on a reissue label. Isnt the blue one a qualifier for Warren's Cheap As Chips night?

Probably - criminally underrated tune. Still gives me goosebumps every time I hear the intro and transports me back to a time when unaccompanied women weren't allowed in a public bar in Wigan laugh.gif I'll be playing it at Stafford Rangers in December smile.gif xx

Social source share

Probably - criminally underrated tune. Still gives me goosebumps every time I hear the intro and transports me back to a time when unaccompanied women weren't allowed in a public bar in Wigan :lol: I'll be playing it at Stafford Rangers in December :lol: xx

Couldn't agree more, an absolutely cracking tune :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!