Wiganer1

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

clips to follow..

This was the night the PA blew up and Russ got on that phooking grand piano to entertains us for the next 45 mins till Searling took over with his renditions. no.gif Where I am Not Wanted, must say he did a good Can't Get Over These Memories and the all time classi Do You Know The Pianos On MY Foot shhh.gif

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

when i was @ school a guy came up to me & said,your in to northern want to buy 200 45s & 20 lps(all the grapvine & martha reeves ect).

price £12.he needed £ to buy a sony walkman (was like havin todays top ipod).

managed to sell most to a couple of djs/northern m8s @ my school.

made a few hundred quid.

when i seen the last topic on mystery men/penthouse,i remembered i still had this 45 from that pile.

alas it was the off center boot,pity.

only had one of the lps left in my bedroom for 26 years,not knowing it was from the vaults with marthas no one there on it.

Social source share

Hi Mark,

This is "City Skies" by the ?Mystery? Men on Penthouse.

It's an instrumental version of Living Color's "Thank The Lord For Love" on Madhatter. It's very rare and most copies play an entirely different (and crap) tune. There was a thread about it last year or the year before. I think I remember John Manship saying he accidentally broke a copy and has never seen one since. You can get the tune on the flip of the Living Color boot on Chicago Sounds label but I think they all play a bit off centre.

Very, very good luck with this one mate biggrin.gif

Godz

=========

cheers godz

just looked in the book 1k on penthouse - trust me !!

all good stuff tho..lol

Social source share

I never knew that Phil.

Tis true....sold my Invincibles to Mr Rivers and every time I hear him play out 'Can't No One Man' I ask myself.... 'why did I sell that??' sad.gif ..... He played it in his spot at Burnley to a packed floor. Labels were reversed on that copy, don't know if they are on all copies??

Adam.

Social source share

Tis true....sold my Invincibles to Mr Rivers and every time I hear him play out 'Can't No One Man' I ask myself.... 'why did I sell that??' :D ..... He played it in his spot at Burnley to a packed floor. Labels were reversed on that copy, don't know if they are on all copies??

Adam.

Might be. Mine are reversed too.

I gave "can't No One Man" quite a bit of turntable action at Bradford Queens Hall & Leeds Astoria around '88/'89

Sounds fab over a good loud system

Social source share

Tis true....sold my Invincibles to Mr Rivers and every time I hear him play out 'Can't No One Man' I ask myself.... 'why did I sell that??' :D ..... He played it in his spot at Burnley to a packed floor. Labels were reversed on that copy, don't know if they are on all copies??

Adam.

I gave it some spins at early Lifelines as well. Think everyone I've seen have labels reversed.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Mystery Men - "City Skies" was a big Mecca instrumental for Colin Curtis C.September 1976. (I've never seen an original copy, other than that one!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!