Soul Sheet Music

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Forgive me if this has been discussed before but are there any collectors of sheet music on this list? Have just been beaten on ebay for Dusty Springfield 'Whats it Gonna Be' which went for £39.55! whistling.gif

I find this collecting everybit as intiguing as collecting vinyl. You get imports, UK and European copies. Condition and prices vary wildly. Also equivalent of boots - photocopies.

My prize possessions are Nolan Porter 'If I could only be Sure' and Marvin Gaye 'Your Unchanging Love' - 5 page copy! Both unissued and mint condition.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i collect em too jimmy ive got lots have never seen the nolan porter but i have got his keep on keepin on,some of my faves marlena shaw lets wade in the water,edwin starr s.o.s,have got darrell banks open the door too,i aslo collect mecca type disco ones to [like the one on the left] dr buzzard,tavares brass construction etc,think ive got everything barry white ever did too on u.s copies,they look great if you do a whole wall of em whistling.gif

Edited by ric-tic
Social source share

i collect em too jimmy ive got lots have never seen the nolan porter but i have got his keep on keepin on,some of my faves marlena shaw lets wade in the water,edwin starr s.o.s,have got darrell banks open the door too,i aslo collect mecca type disco ones to [like the one on the left] dr buzzard,tavares brass construction etc,think ive got everything barry white ever did too on u.s copies,they look great if you do a whole wall of em whistling.gif

link

Got a few early 70s/disco ones....

Love Unlimited / Three Degrees / Supremes etc

Social source share

Which ones and how much?

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

link

Here ya go...

Scanners knackered or I would have sent you some samples.

Marv Johnson - I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose - Black and red drawing of a rose on a pink cover.

Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour - B&W photo of Stevie in a tux with harmonica black red and white op art background.

Love Unlimited - Walking in the rain.... - Group photo / orange background.

Ray Charles - No One To Cry To - Big B&W head and shoulders photo on ray on a red and white background

Commodores - Easy - Group shot on Green background

Len Barry - One Two Three - B&W photo with red print (some staining)

Supremes and The Four Tops - Reach Out And Touch - On stage shot on Green background.

Foundations - Baby Now That I've Found You - Groovy B&W group pose.

Three Degrees - Get Your Love Back - B&W photo on lemon background

Ray Charles - No One - B&W pic of Ray at the Piano on a green background.

Aretha Franklin - Don't Play That Song - Big pic of Aretha with titles in Brown band

Same as above but titles in Red band.

Supremes - Up The Ladder.... - B&W group photo with a Psychedelic orange and black background

Supremes - Bad Weather - Big B&W group shot with Red background.

Glady Knight and the pips - Midnight Train To Georgia - Big group photo on a mauve/purple-ish background. Picture is signed, but its part of the print.

The Motown Spinners - Its A Shame - Plain pink cover, with black block printing ('It's a shame' theres no picture on this one.....)

Make me an offer.....

Social source share

Here ya go...

Scanners knackered or I would have sent you some samples.

Marv Johnson - I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose - Black and red drawing of a rose on a pink cover.

Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour - B&W photo of Stevie in a tux with harmonica black red and white op art background. SOLD

Ray Charles - No One To Cry To - Big B&W head and shoulders photo on ray on a red and white background

Len Barry  - One Two Three - B&W photo with red print (some staining)

Supremes and The Four Tops - Reach Out And Touch - On stage shot on Green background.

Ray Charles - No One - B&W pic of  Ray at the Piano on a green background.

Aretha Franklin - Don't Play That Song - Big pic of Aretha with titles in Brown band

Supremes - Up The Ladder.... - B&W group photo with a Psychedelic orange and black background SOLD

Supremes - Bad Weather - Big B&W group shot with Red background. SOLD

Glady Knight and the pips - Midnight Train To Georgia - Big group photo on a mauve/purple-ish background. Picture is signed, but its part of the print.

The Motown Spinners - Its A Shame - Plain pink cover, with black block printing ('It's a shame' theres no picture on this one.....) SOLD

Make me an offer.....

link

Social source share

Following still available:

Len Barry - One Two Three - B&W photo with red print (some staining)

Ray Charles - No One - B&W pic of Ray at the Piano on a green background.

Make me an offer.....

Social source share

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Yes as far as I know it was UK and was on Ebay UK.

I recently got Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby. It looks a bit strange next to my Motown Stuff to see a resplendent very white Mel beaming out on the cover, a bit cheesey really.

Social source share

Yes as far as I know it was UK and was on Ebay UK.

I recently got Mel Torme  - Comin' Home Baby. It looks a bit strange next to my Motown Stuff to see a resplendent very white Mel beaming out on the cover, a bit cheesey really.

link

Did you buy it off Roger Banks?

Cos if you did, it was the copy he bought off me at Prestatyn.

WOOF!

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

The Motown Spinners - Its A Shame - Plain pink cover, with black block printing ('It's a shame' theres no picture on this one.....)

link

i've got one of these - not sure i wanna sell it though, but open to offers

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Forgive me if this has been discussed before but are there any collectors of sheet music on this list? Have just been beaten on ebay for Dusty Springfield 'Whats it Gonna Be' which went for £39.55! blush.gif

I find this collecting everybit as intiguing as collecting vinyl. You get imports, UK and European copies. Condition and prices vary wildly. Also equivalent of boots - photocopies.

My prize possessions are Nolan Porter 'If I could only be Sure' and Marvin Gaye 'Your Unchanging Love' - 5 page copy! Both unissued and mint condition.

link

HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AGES FOR THE SHEET MUSIC FOR JUST LOVIN YOU RUBY ANDREWS IF ANYBODYS GOT A COPY,

A PHOTO COPY WILL DO AS IT IS FOR A TATTOO MY MISSUS IS GONNA HAVE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!