EBay Record Prices - Are they settling down?

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Noticed that an Ace Spectrum - 'Don't send nobody else' has just sold for £36, which is a long way off its price of c£150 over the past 12 months or so.

Are prices settling down or has everyone spotted that there are loads of Ace Spectrums and its previous price has been influenced only by dancefloor reaction, not rareity.

What price now The Futures????????

Brian

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I wuldnt take a futures off you unless you gave me £20 now....good point though cos Nino Tempo is going down as well, I reckon Aretha Franklin ''INTEGRITY could go down quickly as well, seen at £30 a lot recently and could go to £10 very quickly IMO

Social source share

BRIAN

I POSTED SOMETHING SOMEWHERE ON HERE LAST WEEK JUST ABOUT THE SAME AS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT ACE SPECTRUM DOWN IN PRICE. I AGREE WITH YOU, HOWEVER SOME LISTS STILL HAVE IT ON THERE AT £100+ YOU'D HAVE TO A MUG TO PAY THAT FOR IT OR ANYTHING LIKE WHAT THE FUTURES GOES FOR. LETS FACE IT THERE MUST BE A HELL OF A LOT OF COPIES OUT THERE OF EACH. AND ALAS OF COURCE THE FUTURES HAS BEEN BOOTED NOW

GRANT

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Grant

Makes you wonder why someone would boot a record that (on availability) is worth probably £10 - (OK, I know why they boot it - £££££s in their eyes). Really says a lot about some of our scene's so-called members. You just need to look on eBay at the 'Buy it Nows' to see the long list of boots of relatively available records, just because they are seeing some dancefloor reaction at the moment.

Brian

Social source share

Just noticed that the three examples of over inflated prices, are all crap 70's records, I love 70's soul, but I think it is an inditement of the current scene that such garbage get's played in the name of 70's soul. Promoters and D.J's want shooting !

Social source share

I think that the Internet has definately revolutionised forever the way we buy vinyl records, not only E-bay but the whole world wide web, it really is a window to the world of record buying.

With a bit of detective work and the use of a good search engine many bargains can be found that do not even appear on Gemm

or E-bay , i don't think you can ever beat the thrill of physically searching through some dog eared box of 45's and pulling out a "must have" side, but the sheer enormity of the records available through the www is incredible, and returning to the original topic, it does not surprise me that certain vinyl sounds do drop in price when you realise that not every track is a rarity, after the intial feeding frenzy it seems many of the so called "in demand" sounds do surface often.

Brett

Social source share

Noticed that an Ace Spectrum - 'Don't send nobody else' has just sold for £36, which is a long way off its price of c£150 over the past 12 months or so.

Are prices settling down or has everyone spotted that there are loads of Ace Spectrums and its previous price has been influenced only by dancefloor reaction, not rareity.

What price now The Futures????????

Brian

Think it's more a case of the record settling back towards it's true value...mind still got about £30 to come off before near true value :-) Loads of these about, usually two or three copies on ebay, on lists every week so why do folk pay these prices.

As for Futures worth about a fiver IMO in the real world ;-) but some folk paying silly money.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!