Blackpool Tower Weekender

Guest LizandRoger

Guest LizandRoger

well thats the end of the fri night prelude looking forward to the main feature tomorrow...........................

caught up with several peeps not seen for a bit, saw some bods we not seen for aaages and will look em up tomorrow to catch up.

had a great night, danced loads, watched loads too, got rather busy so expecting tommorrow to be really busy during the eve/night time,

so onward to tommorrow....................................

• Replies 119
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest LizandRoger

WOW...........

The sun made a rare apperance in Blackpool today,so did the wandering round holiday maker style.

Now its 16:30 and getting ready for round 2 of stair climbing, friend finding, floor space hunting, foot stomping night of top Northern tunes. :lol:

might grab a break during 'The dance Competition'....... lets see who wins this year, hope its a true original soulie............at least over the designated age.

time to go

KTF :lol:

Guest dovesong

Well what a bag of sh** the music in the main room was lets say bad it was worse.Skiing in the snow was played 3 times,ok the floor was full,full of handbaggers.Ok playing "oldies",but when they were charging £30 each just for a Sat night pass then surely the regular alnighter/soul night punter deserves better.

Guest soul city

Well what a bag of sh** the music in the main room was lets say bad it was worse.Skiing in the snow was played 3 times,ok the floor was full,full of handbaggers.Ok playing "oldies",but when they were charging £30 each just for a Sat night pass then surely the regular alnighter/soul night punter deserves better.

thought about going, thought about the £30. just for sat night glad I never bothered !! not_i.gifthmbdn.gif

:unsure:Jill sorry you did'nt enjoy Blackpool, you should of come to The Oakley lastnight.....the numbers were down but the music in the modern room was near to perfection,you'd of danced your little feet off.

Hope to see you soon, and l'll keep you posted.

Love Sandi xx

SOUNDS LIKE A REPEAT OF LAST YEAR.. sleep3.gif

SO PLEASED WE DID'NT GO... :unsure:

Guest LizandRoger

the sun is still cracking the flags,

the time is 1 pm,

heading to make merry in the england, to round off a top weekend.

Glad we came, AGAIN, havent missed one yet!

Roll on next year's

Liz & Rog.......ktf

Guest Nick Harrison

Very Paul O' Gradified then!!!!!!! (the main room) welcome to Las Vegas of the north.

Dovesong - I am sure the other off shoot/rooms are valued greater by the masses on here. Hope you found salvation within those walls. :P .

Take it you won't be touring and site seeing around the next one with hosts Liz and Rodger. :thumbsup::wicked::lol: .

Have to say really enjoyed the whole wk end just very tired now and well what you see is what you get :P will deffo go next yr.

Enjoy the Rest you 2 and see you soon.

Andy & Tina

well thats the end of the fri night prelude looking forward to the main feature tomorrow...........................

caught up with several peeps not seen for a bit, saw some bods we not seen for aaages and will look em up tomorrow to catch up.

had a great night, danced loads, watched loads too, got rather busy so expecting tommorrow to be really busy during the eve/night time,

so onward to tommorrow....................................

It was worse than that. Little Queenie five times in two nights, ditto Agent Double 0 Soul and most of Edwin's other sides. Jelly Beans- three times. Searling played Frank Wilson twice in one hour! Mind boggling - what has happened to him? Used to be one of THE best. Nowadays it's Landslide, Festival Time and Six By Six. Yawn.

Butch and Tim Brown were streets ahead of the other DJs. Cody Black - Slowly Molding, Parisians - Twinkle Little Star, Sharpettes - Lost in A World of A Dream and Junior McCants - Try Me For A New Love. Fantastic - albeit this was on around 4.30am and there weren't many of us left. Too worn out probably dancing to Soul Sam's "Motown for Weddings and 21st" set on the Friday night.

Ginger? Tired old same old, same old - Double Cooking to kick off with - as usual followed by more Edwin. Yawn.

Still, the dance floor always seemed to be busy - DJs following orders I suppose at the expense of any of the other 1000s of records that never get an airing.

The dancing ompetition was ok but why Roberts kept referring to it as the 2009 competition is beyond me! Looking ahead to another sack load of money next year I suppose.

Perhaps it's me who is getting old and cycnical. Dunno. Living in Blackpool the Tower is easy for me. However, I won't be spending my bus fare next year and won't be sticking £30+ in Roberts' bank. Unless Butch and Tim Brown organise the play lists.

Edited by soulsider

The weekend for us was good :lol:

The company we spent time with great :lol:

The music in the main ballroom ..........mmmnnnn was very very safe and very very boring :lol:

The repeats very dissappointing :(

The odd belting record played was brilliant :P but unfortunately very few and far between :lol:

The dance competition - defo a worthy winner :P

The bar prices............. angry.gif

The Ticket Price :lol: at Cala Gran you got live artistes and the Sunday was spent in the same building

The Promotors - Well done a packed house :D

The End!!!!

It was worse than that. Little Queenie five times in two nights, ditto Agent Double 0 Soul and most of Edwin's other sides. Jelly Beans- three times. Searling played Frank Wilson twice in one hour! Mind boggling - what has happened to him? Used to be one of THE best. Nowadays it's Landslide, Festival Time and Six By Six. Yawn.

Butch and Tim Brown were streets ahead of the other DJs. Cody Black - Slowly Molding, Parisians - Twinkle Little Star, Sharpettes - Lost in A World of A Dream and Junior McCants - Try Me For A New Love. Fantastic - albeit this was on around 4.30am and there weren't many of us left. Too worn out probably dancing to Soul Sam's "Motown for Weddings and 21st" set on the Friday night.

Ginger? Tired old same old, same old - Double Cooking to kick off with - as usual followed by more Edwin. Yawn.

Still, the dance floor always seemed to be busy - DJs following orders I suppose at the expense of any of the other 1000s of records that never get an airing.

The dancing ompetition was ok but why Roberts kept referring to it as the 2009 competition is beyond me! Looking ahead to another sack load of money next year I suppose.

Perhaps it's me who is getting old and cycnical. Dunno. Living in Blackpool the Tower is easy for me. However, I won't be spending my bus fare next year and won't be sticking £30+ in Roberts' bank. Unless Butch and Tim Brown organise the play lists.

Clearly a few are sadly misguided as to what the BLACPOOL TOWER WEEKENDER REALLY IS.

1. The Main room states clearly 'MOTOWN AND Northern SOUL oldies.

RARE Unknown and Underplayed 45's do not mix well in a vast arena like the Tower Ballroom.

2. Our venue across the road from the Tower- the Merrie England, plays RARE AND UNDERPLAYED SOUL!!

3. The promotion is between the Tower, Goldsoul and Richard Searling. The '£30 in Roberts bank account' is a disgusting and ignorant statement.

4. 2,500 CANNOT BE WRONG!! biggrin.gif

Clearly a few are sadly misguided as to what the BLACPOOL TOWER WEEKENDER REALLY IS.

1. The Main room states clearly 'MOTOWN AND Northern SOUL oldies.

RARE Unknown and Underplayed 45's do not mix well in a vast arena like the Tower Ballroom.

2. Our venue across the road from the Tower- the Merrie England, plays RARE AND UNDERPLAYED SOUL!!

3. The promotion is between the Tower, Goldsoul and Richard Searling. The '£30 in Roberts bank account' is a disgusting and ignorant statement.

4. 2,500 CANNOT BE WRONG!! biggrin.gif

I know what a weekender really is. My point is why so many repeats of so many records? Great record they are but come on Kev.

Let's get some others aired once in a while. And I take your point about the Rare stuff in the Ballroom. I was trying to show the comparison between Butch and Tim and the other DJs. Lazy DJs as far as I am concerned. Ok, ok the dancing competion was great not good and the lad who won it was the best and well deserved it. The £30 reference is to you all then. You can all be disgusted

now.

Time will tell who is right.

I love skiing in the snow,did'nt hear it 3 times,i must be a handbagger,don't do regular allnighters now,well about 3 times a month,really enjoyed the music in the main room, back to grassroots,weekends for me is chilling out and meeting new and old friends.

Billy :P

I know what a weekender really is. My point is why so many repeats of so many records? Great record they are but come on Kev.

Let's get some others aired once in a while. And I take your point about the Rare stuff in the Ballroom. I was trying to show the comparison between Butch and Tim and the other DJs. Lazy DJs as far as I am concerned. Ok, ok the dancing competion was great not good and the lad who won it was the best and well deserved it. The £30 reference is to you all then. You can all be disgusted

now.

Time will tell who is right.

Time will tell...I doubt it. You even agree with us about the main ballroom..you cannot expect Butch and Tim(both great friends of ours) to fill a floor like the Tower with RARE UNKNOWNS or even UNDERPLAYS.

The reason we play Motown and Northern Soul OVERPLAYS is...our customers demand them!

We had no lazy DJ's. They performed to the task in hand and that's why we pulled a big number and also why Soultown provided a perfect foil by operating the MERRIE ENGLAND(Well done Andy).

3 days of fabulous underplayed Soul. Did you bother to go in?

Any venue with 2,500 in will prefer mainstream Soul oldies.

If anyone prefers an alternative to this policy...go somewhere else!

But hey...for the last time....we had somewhere...the Merrie England!

Thanks for at least admitting the World Northern Soul Dancing competition was great....IT WAS!!

We will pass your comments onto Richard and our other partner Blackpool Tower.

Edited by The Golden 101

First and last time

Same here!! :P

Thank god we only did the Saturday, and not the whole weekend, my daughter Gemma did unfortunately, and said that Friday was rammed with pissheads and handbaggers, a hen party was also given entrance into the tower, and allowed to pay a lot less than £30 for the one night. :P

Anyway the venue itself brilliant, dancefloor SH*TE, not at all as it was described to me!!! I HATE talc, but it as to be said that if it had of been allowed even i would have used a bit. unsure.gif

Musically it was SH*TE :lol: loads and loads of repeats, with not much of a gap in between em either, and what was played could have been heard a your local handbagger do if you chose to go to one. :lol: So needless to say i was really looking foward to the 2 hour rare session, with Tim Brown and Butch, but imho i found it was very disappointing. When Butch was playing i thought i would make my 2nd request of the night, and ask Butch to play something i knew he had. So i asked him, and i was gobsmacked when he turned to me and said, "is it gonna be worth me playing it for one person on the dancefloor" wanker.gif at that time he was playing a modern track, and there was no F**KER on the dancefloor, plus why was he playing modern when there was a seperate room for that. :lol: Butch was on my list of highly rated DJ's but not any more. :lol:

But hats off to Sean Chapman, Dave Evison and of course Nige Brown, what a awesome set sent us home on a high!!! Cheers Nige. :lol:

JBxxxKTFxxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN

The Blackpool Soul Weekender PROMOTERS OVERVIEW.

1. The Main Tower Ballroom, advertised as Motown and Northern Soul Oldies.

Delivered exactly what it said on the tin. 2,500 went wild on Friday and Saturday night to feel good all time greats.

2. The Dance Competition...truly awesome. Thanks to everyone who took part.

3. Tower Lounge-Modern room. Pretty good but less intimate than the Hornpipe(last years venue)

4. Merrie England. Organised by Soultown on the Promoter's behalf.

A first class job by Andy. Wide variety of stuff you don't hear regularly.

Highlights; Sue Claxton, Flanny, Ginger. Thanks to all the DJ's for being different and creative.

More improvements and additions coming next year. Feel free to email any comments to us at sales@goldsoul.co.uk

Most of all...thank you if you attended. WE SINCERELY HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF.

Sam and Kev for Goldsoul, Richard Searling and Blackpool Tower.

Went Saturday afternoon till this morning,

Knew exactly what was on offer before I went,

Had a fantastic time from start to finish, loadsa classics which i expected, a nice change from Butch and Tim 6-8 pm, and again 3am onwards, Butch, Nige, Bob,

Spent most of my time there in great company, Nige Brown, Terry Davies, Donna and Paolo, :lol: to name just a few,

Sat on the balcony for about 30 mins about 1am and to see so many folk dancing and smiling from ear to ear in one room was incredible, :lol:

Well done to all concerned, :P

Pete Eccles

Edited by pete60

[The Golden 101' date='Nov 16 08, 06:51 PM'

The DANCE COMPETITION was FANTASTIC and won by Keith from Rotherham.

===========================================================

Keith was in the same Hotel as myself n Jane really lovely bloke and was well made up

at breakfast this morning telling us about his win !!!

Regarding the music played in the Tower well like the promoters stated it was Motown & oldies

most of the weekend and the dancefloor was packed solid and i suppose thats what the people in the Tower wanted, got to say tho we made the effort to listen to Tim Brown & Butch on Sat nite

6pm--8pm and wow they did,nt let us down 2hours of superb rare 60,s/70,s dance music

everything from Joseph Webster ,Tiaras ,Arctic Four to classic oldies Larry Cinton ect ect ect.

Spent quite a bit of time in the Merry England bar over the weekend DJ,in there myself Friday nite

if the soulies in the Tower wanted to hear some superb DJ,s playing rare rare music well if they

did,nt pay the Merry England Bar a visit they missed a treat heard some great music played during the weekend and Andy Mc deserves a big pat on the back for putting all that time n effort into getting

it up and running it was only a 3 min walk from the Tower and personally i could,nt believe

that not more soulies who say they like to hear more than just the same old top 500 tunes

could,nt make the effort to walk a few 100 mtrs to the ME from the Tower..

Both myself and Jane had a good weekend enjoyed the music in the Merry England spent my time

late Sat nite in the Tower with John Manship, Butch, S Chapman ect talking my usual when i where a lad

we had Lester Tipton ashtrays all around the house & i could,nt get thro the front door because the mailman was delivering that many packages from the states he he :P Great company and not a bad end

to a weekend of xmas shopping eating drinking more drinking . My observation of the weekend in general

was that there seems to be a hell of a lot of people coming back on the scene who just want a good night out dancing to the records that they remember from years gone by and in a few years a number of these

people will be dancing to the likes of Butch, Andy Dyson, Tim Brown Mick H ect ect hopefully !!!

Thanks to all the soulies in the Merry England for making the effort and for all my old buddies for the laughs ect ..............................................................................

DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS sums it up got to end with...................

DONT KEEP THE FAITH SPREAD IT !!!

Love Peace & Happiness

Ian Cunliffe

600 mile round trip again.. we went for the first time last year so knew roughly what to expect this year.. Blackpool is like no other venue and the dance floor is huge.. the floor wasnt jumping like last year and fairly unforgiving.. true they played a lot of cheesy soul but when the floors packed they arent going to change the music are they.. i got no complaints except aching feet. the tunes i asked for were played kurt harriss 'Emporer' and Bobby Womacks 'Home is where the heart is' within two minutes of asking cheers ginger and sam... you arent going to some underground soul club and hearing underplayed rare tunes your going to blackpool tower what do you expect..! and just for the record we had a cracking time and i hate skiing in the snow..! the dance comp was well won.. see you next year.

I love skiing in the snow,did'nt hear it 3 times,i must be a handbagger,don't do regular allnighters now,well about 3 times a month,really enjoyed the music in the main room, back to grassroots,weekends for me is chilling out and meeting new and old friends.

Billy :lol:

nice 2 see you again billy cracking w/e advertised has oldies :P

Guest red or dead

Same here!! :(

Thank god we only did the Saturday, and not the whole weekend, my daughter Gemma did unfortunately, and said that Friday was rammed with pissheads and handbaggers, a hen party was also given entrance into the tower, and allowed to pay a lot less than £30 for the one night. :thumbup:

Anyway the venue itself brilliant, dancefloor SH*TE, not at all as it was described to me!!! I HATE talc, but it as to be said that if it had of been allowed even i would have used a bit. :D

Musically it was SH*TE ph34r.gif loads and loads of repeats, with not much of a gap in between em either, and what was played could have been heard a your local handbagger do if you chose to go to one. :lol: So needless to say i was really looking foward to the 2 hour rare session, with Tim Brown and Butch, but imho i found it was very disappointing. When Butch was playing i thought i would make my 2nd request of the night, and ask Butch to play something i knew he had. So i asked him, and i was gobsmacked when he turned to me and said, "is it gonna be worth me playing it for one person on the dancefloor" wanker.gif at that time he was playing a modern track, and there was no F**KER on the dancefloor, plus why was he playing modern when there was a seperate room for that. :g: Butch was on my list of highly rated DJ's but not any more. :no:

But hats off to Sean Chapman, Dave Evison and of course Nige Brown, what a awesome set sent us home on a high!!! Cheers Nige. :yes:

JBxxxKTFxxxMet your lovely daughter Friday in fact she got in on our key ring photo she was right about the idiots on the floor and at one point there was so much drink on the floor a lady slipped I did hear she broke her arm but I cant corroborate that as I dont know for sure .Sean was for me brill but why was he not on Saturday night

Dont want to get embroiled into a massive debate about the music played coz weve all got valued opinions (negative & positive) and we all like different songs.

Constructively, I would say that some of the oldies played over the weekend are now becoming very 'tired' but only because the same DJ's stick to the same sets week in week out. I can think of hundreds of refreshing oldies that never get a spin ie, Eula Cooper, Eddie Carlton, Cindy Scott, George Blackwell etc etc.

I went to the Saturday afternoon session at 1pm specifically to listen to Sean Chapman. What on earth are the promoters thinking of put an exciting DJ like this guy on a graveyard shift? This is surely a slot for a wannabee apprentice and Sean is certainly worthy of a more appealing time than this!? If anyone can fill a dancefloor this guy can and he isnt gonna be able to do that at 1pm! What a waste of 60 minutes of gratifying oldies 45's - Well done Sean.

My only other grumble is bitter sweet really. The dancefloor was so packed in the evenings, it was difficult to create some space to actually dance, but hey, how lovely it was to see so many people having a lovely time.

Butch & Tim Browns playlists were superb but obviously the majority of the paying punters would struggle to appreciate their sets because many of them would not of heard them played before and that is not a criticism, merely a fact.

It wasn't the best weekend for me musically but who am I to argue with the number of feet on the dancefloor during the peak hours!?

Be interested to know what people thought of the modern room. I thought the venue upstairs last year had a much better ambience and appeal.

regards - Alan

Guest fuzzyjon

Well, I really enjoyed it.... except for the train journey home (8 hours from Blackpool back to London via Manchester and Birmingham..... did take a small detour to Beatin' Rhythm though!!!)....

Who was the bloke charging around the dancefloor trying to get too involved in the dance competition? At one point Richard Searling pushed him so hard I thought he was going to fall over!

The repeats WERE a pain in the arse though!!! Even if DJ's do play just all the well known oldies, there's still enough to go around with just one spin per night... surely!

Still, I'll be back next year...... if Virgin don't mess the trains up ;-)

Jon

. When Butch was playing i thought i would make my 2nd request of the night, and ask Butch to play something i knew he had. So i asked him, and i was gobsmacked when he turned to me and said, "is it gonna be worth me playing it for one person on the dancefloor" wanker.gif at that time he was playing a modern track, and there was no F**KER on the dancefloor, plus why was he playing modern when there was a seperate room for that. :yes: Butch was on my list of highly rated DJ's but not any more. :lol:

But hats off to Sean Chapman, Dave Evison and of course Nige Brown, what a awesome set sent us home on a high!!! Cheers Nige. :thumbup:

JBxxxKTFxxx

Hi JB,

What modern track did Butch play?. I dont remember that. I enjoyied Butch's spot very much, I heard him mix it up with some 70's (Lovelites, ect) but can't remember any modern.

From Dave Evo's spot through to Nige Brown's, I only heard 2 repeats, (sad to hear Ginger playing Time - Edwin Starr just after it had been played) but I did witness another of the Dj's stood at the side of the stage, paying attention for a couple of hours before his spot and he was noting what was being played, it was great to see some Dj's are trying and do care about not playing repeats.

One thing I thought was interesting, this event seemed to be mainly attended by yorkshire / midlands folk. Sadly more evidence that the oldies / soul night scene in lancashire / manchester is dead??..

I loved every minute of it, dance comp was brilliant and that northern room is THE BEST. I prefered the modern room that was used last year and wasn't mad about the new room BUT the music was spot on.

Well Done GoldSoul - Overall there is nothing better than this event!.

Jayne.x

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Guest hurryup

Time will tell...I doubt it. You even agree with us about the main ballroom..you cannot expect Butch and Tim(both great friends of ours) to fill a floor like the Tower with RARE UNKNOWNS or even UNDERPLAYS.

The reason we play Motown and Northern Soul OVERPLAYS is...our customers demand them!

We had no lazy DJ's. They performed to the task in hand and that's why we pulled a big number and also why Soultown provided a perfect foil by operating the MERRIE ENGLAND(Well done Andy).

3 days of fabulous underplayed Soul. Did you bother to go in?

Any venue with 2,500 in will prefer mainstream Soul oldies.

If anyone prefers an alternative to this policy...go somewhere else!

But hey...for the last time....we had somewhere...the Merrie England!

Thanks for at least admitting the World Northern Soul Dancing competition was great....IT WAS!!

We will pass your comments onto Richard and our other partner Blackpool Tower.

Firstly, I'd like to say we really enjoyed the weekend but this was mainly down to the company of good friends and the fact that it was our first time to the Tower, what a brilliant venue. However, the dance floor was a big disappointment, expecting to see "the best dance floor in the country" - this was certainly NOT the best.

Secondly, I'm curious to know how the dance competition qualifies as the "World Northern Soul Dancing Competition"? Where were the contenders from other countries? Or do the promoters mean "world class" dancing competition? Having said that, we did enjoy watching it, it was a pleasant interlude :thumbup:

And last but not least - I'd be interested in knowing what the maximum capacity for The Tower is - simply because on Goldsoul's web site it states - "Please pay on the door (£30) as all ticket agents have SOLD OUT." Sound familiar? This could account for the place being packed out and the number of hand-baggers, some of which were standing with drinks in their hands on the dance floor!!! This REALLY spoilt it for me, I got so annoyed, I had to leave especially when the security staff and promoters were so against anyone taking talc in. It felt as though you'd have been put against a wall and shot if they found any on you :lol:

Absolutely class...you go girl :thumbup::lol:

Well i enjoyed myself :thumbup:

Arrived Friday teatime got to the Bar ASAP in the North Pier venue.

Good to see a good selection of Middleton faces. Was very impressed by Ian Cunnliffes set.

How about posting a Playlist Ian?

Popped over to the tower venue at about midnight to have a gander. But was flagging abit by then so escaped for some shut eye.

Saturday did the seven O'Clock set at the pier. We managed to get the Record sellers dancing round sales boxes competition out of the way. I think Flanny won that one.

Sorry "World record sellers dancing round sales boxes competition"

Back over to the Tower. Good to see Tim Brown, Butch, The Claxtons, John manship, The Chapmans, Ginger Dave Evison etc.

Got some great pics of the dancing competition in Soulgirls camera (will get her to post up)

Well done to all the entrants.

It got a bit messy after that.

But all i can say is whatever music styles on the flyer where catered for in their respective venues.

Funniest moment: getting well known faces to try on soulgirl nightdresses for a photo call :lol:

Catch you all at Middleton this Saturday.

£30 = should be wearing a mask ph34r.gif

I would be extremely annoyed if I'd parted with that kind of money and then found that the venue is rammed and the music policy is not up to scratch...and in the past I have and that's why I'm more selective about where I go these days.

Damage-limitation posts simply reinforce to me that I have made the right decision and personally I would rather see the complaints being addressed for the future so that at least the majority of the paying punters are happy.

I know that you cannot please everyone all of the time but in my view the same complaints seem to recur and if they were addressed and rectified then feedback would be a lot more positive I'm sure.

A memorable weekender and perhaps the most inclusive soul event ever thumbsup.gif -something for everybody -seems most of the critism comes from those who by accident or design (?) ended up in the wrong room /area for their preferred soul genre ....or simply not there angry.gif , but take perverse pleasure in jumping on the minority band wagon to have a pop.... . whistling.gif

Promoting an event of this magnitude, with the financial commitment and professionalism to pull it off has my admiration and heard nothing but praise for the Blackpool weekender experience whilst there, qualified by the sheer volume having enjoyed previous years , knew exactly what to expect, consistent with what was advertised, hence back again this year.. :thumbup:

Personally, this time our weekend was curtailed and spent our time with the Soultown boys and girls at the Merrie England/North Pier venue which was a most welcomed addition - had a fantastic time in great company and exceptional soul on the rarer and underplayed side. Spun a few on Friday night -accommodated requests , got the dance floor going , no repeat plays (will post playlist), chatted to everybody who asked about a particular record they didn't know/enjoyed -on 2nd thoughts I must have been doing something very wrong .... whistling.gif

TASTE OF HONEY. FRIDAY NOVEMBER 21ST . MARIA WILLINGHAM . GARY HOLYMAN. JUMPING JOAN . TONY JACKSON . FLANNY . BEARSOUL . THE WALDORF HOTEL . MANCHESTER . 8PM - 2AM . DOOR TAX £5 . + XMAS ALL-DAYER SUNDAY 28TH DEC 12-11. SEE WWW.BEARSOUL.MOONFRUIT.COM FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Edited by andybellwood

THIS IS WHAT I PLAYED FRI NITE IN THE MERRY ENGLAND 8--30 TILL 10pm

========================================================

DONI BURDICK--BARI TRACK--SOUND IMPRESSION

GEORGE JACKSON--DONT USE ME--MERCURY

INCREDIBLES--MISS TREATMENT--AUDIO ARTS

VOLUMES--I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF--AMERICAN ARTS

BILLY KENNEDY--SWEET THINGS--THELMA

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

KNIGHTS--I GOT THE FEELING--USA

JOYCE TAYLOR--MEAN MIS-TREATER--WAL-LY

JUDY CLAY--DO YOU THINK THATS RIGHT--EMBER

JOHNNY NEWBAG--LITTLE SAMSON--PORT

DUSTY WILSON--CANT DO WITHOUT YOU--BRONSE

CHARLES SHEFFIELD--ITS YOUR VOODO WORKING--EXCELLO

MARVIN.L.SIMS--GET OFF MY BACK--REVUE

FRANK FOSTER--HARLEM RUMBLE--TRI-ODE

MASQUERADERS--HOW--La BEAT

FLASH McKINLEY--I,LL RESCUE YOU-BOMBAY

MIKKI FARROW--SET MY HEART AT EASE--KARATE

VERSATONES--WITH A BROKEN HEART--MAGIC CITY

MATT LUCAS--BABY YOU BETTER GO-GO--KAREN

HONEY BEES--LETS GET BACK TOGETHER--GARRISON

LITTLE RICHIE--JUST ANOTHER HEARTACHE--SOUND STAGE 7

BLUE JAYS--(It Depends on the ) POINT OF VIEW--JAY

JACKIE DAY--NAUGHTY BOY--PHELECTRON

HONEY & THE BEES--DYNAMITE EXPLODED--ARCTIC

FRANKIE BEVERLY& THE BUTLERS--BECAUSE OF MY HEART--FAIRMOUNT

SERVICEMEN-- SWEET MAGIC--CHARTMAKER

CAPITALS--I CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU--OMEN

PARIS --- SLEEPLESS NIGHTS--DOC

IVORYS--PLEASE STAY--DESPENZA

INSPIRATIONS--YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND--MIDAS

GENE WOODBURY--EVER AGAIN--DEL-VAL

LEN JEWELL--ALL MY GOOD LOVIN--PZAZZ

=====================================================================

X Ian Cunliffe.........

ALL THE DJ.S PLAYED BLINDERS IN THE MERRY ENGLAND ALL WEEKEND

PITY A FEW 100 COULD,NT WALK FROM THE TOWER FOR A HOUR OR TWO

THEY WOULD HAVE ENJOYED IT !!!

in the wrong room /area for their preferred soul genre ....or simply not there :thumbup: , but take perverse pleasure in jumping on the minority band wagon to have a pop.... . whistling.gif

I was in the right room for my preferred soul genre .......and i do not take peverse pleasure in having a pop, as you put it whistling.gif .......i would much rather have come back and said that i'd had a brilliant time, especially after travelling x amount of miles to get there and the cost of entrance etc......, but the vast majority of the time i didn't. :no:

I would have gone to the Merrie England to hear some much preferred rarer sounds rolleyes.gif but i was told by lots of peeps that it smelt like p*ss in there. ph34r.gif

I would have gone to the Merrie England to hear some much preferred rarer sounds rolleyes.gif but i was told by lots of peeps that it smelt like p*ss in there. ph34r.gif

=========================================================================

Strange one that unsure.gif The only thing i could smell was lager being consumed by the bucketful by

Pete French biggrin.gif:no:

You should have made the short walk from the Tower you would have had a great time

seems someone was smellin there own pants :thumbup:

I would have gone to the Merrie England to hear some much preferred rarer sounds rolleyes.gif but i was told by lots of peeps that it smelt like p*ss in there. :thumbup:

=========================================================================

Strange one that unsure.gif The only thing i could smell was lager being consumed by the bucketful by

Pete French :D:D

You should have made the short walk from the Tower you would have had a great time

seems someone was smellin there own pants :no:

Funny sayins from the weekend..

Debbie Flannys better half--where are you staying Debbie-- In some old folks home next door the Metropole Hotel

Me n Jane late Fri nite going thro the Aquarium in the Tower one soulie says where are all the fish ,i say they,ve

buggered off Kev n Richard tried to charge them £30 biggrin.gif

Edited by IANCSLOFT

Source Advert