Can You Help Me Identify This Band?

Hello,

I have a mystery record that I am hoping you can help me identify. It is a test pressing record from the Keysor-Century Label and the only marking on it is a hand written date of 1974. I have all of the details and a track that you can listen to on my blog at www.shufflefunction.blogspot.com Normally when you find records like this they are a recording of a polka band, or a recording off the radio, but this isn't - it is REALLY good music. I think that musicallly it sounds very west coast, but the voacals could be a Philly sound too. Some folks have suggested they might be a regional knockoff of an early Chicago sound - who knows?!! I am hoping that someone out there will recognize the vocals or lyrics and come up with a possibile answer to this mystery record. Even a suggestion!!

thanks for your help - the game is now officially afoot music lovers!!

Shelley

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello,

I have a mystery record that I am hoping you can help me identify. It is a test pressing record from the Keysor-Century Label and the only marking on it is a hand written date of 1974. I have all of the details and a track that you can listen to on my blog at www.shufflefunction.blogspot.com Normally when you find records like this they are a recording of a polka band, or a recording off the radio, but this isn't - it is REALLY good music. I think that musicallly it sounds very west coast, but the voacals could be a Philly sound too. Some folks have suggested they might be a regional knockoff of an early Chicago sound - who knows?!! I am hoping that someone out there will recognize the vocals or lyrics and come up with a possibile answer to this mystery record. Even a suggestion!!

thanks for your help - the game is now officially afoot music lovers!!

Shelley

sounds west coast-ish to me by the way. it could be from anywhere though. doesn't sound philly at all though. i doubt that this was released.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert