Willy Mcdougal - Don't Turn Away On Kinard

Guest Beeks

Anyone give me a going rate on this record? Just want to know if it is beyond my means as everyone i've seen just says offers...which is not a good sign haha biggrin.gif

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

£150 cheapest you'd get it i reckon. Pretty tough, and one of the best r&b records going.

Ahhh...that's not as bad as I expected...thanks Mulf...anyone got one for me then? biggrin.gif

Social source share

As i said, its a hard one in comparison to a lot of higher priced records.

Will have to keep my eye out for one then...thanks for the advise Mulf.

In the meantime if anyone who is reading this wants to part with theirs feel free to PM me

cheers

Social source share

Will have to keep my eye out for one then...thanks for the advise Mulf.

In the meantime if anyone who is reading this wants to part with theirs feel free to PM me

cheers

not willing to part with mine, reckon it's a 150-200 ukp record, turns up quite rarely (as it is also in demand for its deep flip), even thou I got one here last year via the wants section, so you should give it a try.

great great tune with pumpin bass

good luck :thumbsup:

Social source share

I got offered one not so long ago for £250 mint condition.

Hard record but brilliant! Think it might be worth holding out as i think the most you should pay is £200.

Social source share

Was a Pat Brady c/u years ago, can't remember title, think some turned up late 80's/ 90's i brought one then for £30ish, sold it some time ago.

Can remember the likes of Carl Fortnum and Nige Parker playing this covered up at Bradford. Can't remember what they had it covered up as though.

If I'd one to sell I'd want probably £200+ nowadays.

Social source share

Joan is right: this was a 'Gene McDaniels' cover-up in the mists of time. A bit of a slur on old Willie McDougal as the two vocalists are like chalk and cheese.

I would sell my copy but for the fact that the other side is brilliant, top drawer deep soul which would be expensive to replace.

Social source share

Can remember the likes of Carl Fortnum and Nige Parker playing this covered up at Bradford. Can't remember what they had it covered up as though.

If I'd one to sell I'd want probably £200+ nowadays.

A few of used to play this back at Queens Hall. Gene McDaniels cover-up.

Pat Brady played it first though I believe.

I've just dug it out and played it for what must be the first time in over 15 years. Great record!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!