• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

The only ones midweek I know of are:

These Old Shoes, and there never seems to be any extra need for encouragement apart from the great tunes they play, for the soulies to get up and dance.

Grapevine, on the same night. I have not made it to this one, but hear only decent reports:

And this week was George Jackson at the Smersh bar, which doesnt have a dancefloor.

I wonder if this isnt just another poisonous dig, by parties angry that we CAN enjoy ourselves here in London, without being told what we should do, or enjoy.

If anyone can tell me a venue (and I have been to all of them apart from Grapevine), where the London soul crowd arent up for it, then I would like to know.

I took my new, (non soulie), girlfriend to Soul in the City 2 weeks ago, and she commented on the fact that EVERYBODY danced. So if you wont take my word for it, take it from someone who hasn't had to dance around the politics involved with being a Northern Soul fan.

ps she also asked if they were going to play any songs she knew, bless. Maybe next time ;-)

Social source share

The only ones midweek I know of are:

These Old Shoes, and there never seems to be any extra need for encouragement apart from the great tunes they play, for the soulies to get up and dance.

Grapevine, on the same night. I have not made it to this one, but hear only decent reports:

And this week was George Jackson at the Smersh bar, which doesnt have a dancefloor.

I wonder if this isnt just another poisonous dig, by parties angry that we CAN enjoy ourselves here in London, without being told what we should do, or enjoy.

If anyone can tell me a venue (and I have been to all of them apart from Grapevine), where the London soul crowd arent up for it, then I would like to know.

I took my new, (non soulie), girlfriend to Soul in the City 2 weeks ago, and she commented on the fact that EVERYBODY danced. So if you wont take my word for it, take it from someone who hasn't had to dance around the politics involved with being a Northern Soul fan.

ps she also asked if they were going to play any songs she knew, bless. Maybe next time  ;-)

So that's why you were on your best behaviour then was it ?? ;-)

There was a photographer at the last Shoes, but I don't remember the punters needing much encouragement to hit the floor :-)

Andy F

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Thanks very much Gene.

I would show her your photo, but it's one brushed up, or taken in about 1982 isnt it??

LOL

Social source share

Bloody Hell Mikey, you got a girlfriend????? :0)

Hmm not too sure how "real" she is though, he told me last week he would be taking her to Valatone, so thinking as he does "intown" he would know it was deffo on confirmed on lists that it was on, but it wasn't! a secret ploy on the new girlfriend front mesthinks ;-)))

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

HA HA I knew you would have something to say on this honey.

Polly came to SITC, and had a good time. She wanted to go to the 100 club, but when I told her there would be no, band of gold, or run baby run, she was less enthusiastic.

Social source share

Ya cheeky tyke Mikey!!! That was taken last year for my passport!!!

I've got much less hair now than I had in 1982. May even treat you to a soul photo of me on here, if I can dig one out!!!

Didn't she meet me at SITC last time?

Gene

Social source share

Thanks very much Gene.

I would show her your photo, but it's one brushed up, or taken in about 1982 isnt it??

LOL

well, well, surely you´d have a laugh if i´d put on a photo of myself in 1982...

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Miriam, you would have only been a twinkle in your dads eye in 1982.

Hey JT, what about my flatmate?? She is beautiful, single, and likes Soul. OK she likes the Darkness too, but you could soon sort that out. AND she works for sexy lingerie company Agent Provocateur!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!