Brighton Soul Survivors Opening Night

Guest Kathy H

Guest Kathy H

Well we're back together again, minus Dave Warmsley (if your out there get in touch). We arrived at the Junction club having dusted off our suitcases full of ancient soul and stuff. We switched on the decks, performed the ancient ceremony of preparing the dance floor for action.(Many thanks to Johnsons for providing the talc.) Set out the leaflets on the tables, and opened the doors in eager antisipation. At this point a giant rainfilled gust of wind soaked us, and our first costomer squidged in the the door removed his coat and proceded to wring it out in the foyer.

Well Soul Fans I hope you get the picture The evening did not exactly start with a bang, more of a slosh! I must tell you though that for the souiles that did dare venture out, the music was brill. Clive Rayson and Paddy Shevlin were on top form having realized the benefits of playing to a small audience, you can play all your faves without clearing the floor, the latter having already happened. It was really a dream scenario for me and I danced my socks off. King Jerry, well what can I say, other than he excelled himself playing his own brand of Jazz Funk.

So com'mon Soul Fans we really are still so up for this soul night. and the club is a perfect venue. So come along and get on down YES, GET ON DOWN.

Social source share

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest roggert

Well we're back together again, minus Dave Warmsley (if your out there get in touch). We arrived at the Junction club having dusted off our suitcases full of ancient soul and stuff. We switched on the decks, performed the ancient ceremony of preparing the dance floor for action.(Many thanks to Johnsons for providing the talc.) Set out the leaflets on the tables, and opened the doors in eager antisipation. At this point a giant rainfilled gust of wind soaked us, and our first costomer squidged in the the door removed his coat and proceded to wring it out in the foyer.

Well Soul Fans I hope you get the picture The evening did not exactly start with a bang, more of a slosh! I must tell you though that for the souiles that did dare venture out, the music was brill. Clive Rayson and Paddy Shevlin were on top form having realized the benefits of playing to a small audience, you can play all your faves without clearing the floor, the latter having already happened. It was really a dream scenario for me and I danced my socks off. King Jerry, well what can I say, other than he excelled himself playing his own brand of Jazz Funk.

So com'mon Soul Fans we really are still so up for this soul night. and the club is a perfect venue. So come along and get on down YES, GET ON DOWN.

hi i know its a long time ago but did you ever know a guy name of barry quinnel,southampton /brighton area used to come up north in mid seventies his partner was sylvia i spent some happy times down there ns records were dirt cheap

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!