Bristol Soul Night Thursday 28th April

Getting Together Soul Nights have secured a one off night at Cosies wine bar, Portland Street, Bristol.

This venue doesn't have a dance floor but is a great place to start the bank holiday weekend with many new tunes being aired. :thumbsup:

Its just off the M32 in Bristol City centre behind the blue Spectrum building at the traffic lights. For directions call Ian on the number below. :thumbsup:

It's Thursday the 28th, 9pm til 1am. Very cheap entry at £1 before 10pm and £3 thereafter.

DJ's are Ian Williams, Mike Shawe and Steve Harry with the usual mix of 60's, Northern, Classic Soul, Crossover and 70's. Stuff we play includes;

"Never Coming Back" - Steeplechase

"Yesterday My Love" - The Odds and Ends

"Lonely Girl" - Annebelle Fox

"For Real" - Flowers

"I Love You Yes I Do" Independants

Hope to see you all there!! :shades:thumbsup.gif

More info from Ian on 07808 781 904 or ian.williams@pertemps.co.uk.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Getting Together Soul Nights have secured a one off night at Cosies wine bar, Portland Street, Bristol.

This venue doesn't have a dance floor but is a great place to start the bank holiday weekend with many new tunes being aired.  :thumbsup:

Its just off the M32 in Bristol City centre behind the blue Spectrum building at the traffic lights. For directions call Ian on the number below.  :thumbsup:

It's Thursday the 28th, 9pm til 1am. Very cheap entry at £1 before 10pm and £3 thereafter.

DJ's are Ian Williams, Mike Shawe and Steve Harry with the usual mix of 60's, Northern, Classic Soul, Crossover and 70's. Stuff we play includes;

"For Real" - Flowers

Hope to see you all there!!  :shades:   yes.gif

link

Don't know the rest of you guy's but Steve Harry has superb taste!! Hope you have a good one and it's nice to see something happening in Brisssssol thumbsup.gif

Don't know the rest of you guy's but Steve Harry has superb taste!! Hope you have a good one and it's nice to see something happening in Brisssssol  whistling.gif

link

I'll second that whistling.gif

This venue doesn't have a dance floor but is a great place to start the bank holiday weekend with many new tunes being aired.  whistling.gif

Its just off the M32 in Bristol City centre behind the blue Spectrum building at the traffic lights. For directions call Ian on the number below.  whistling.gif

"For Real" - Flowers

Hope to see you all there!!  :lol:   :lol:

link

..........Soul..........in Bristol...........whatever next!!

We've done 20 or so 'Getting Together' soul nights in Bristol over the past 18 months mainly in local pubs and clubs.

Its mostly friends that support us and our nights are quite relaxed cos we aren't under any real pressure to get a certain number through the door to cover costs etc. In fact its really just an excuse to get out and play the soul we love to each other and anyone else who will listen!

Organising a soul night certainly makes you realise just how much effort goes into finding the right venue, promoting the night, making sure your equipment works in the hall, persuading your mates to go and making sure it all goes smoothly. Still, seeing a dancefloor in tune with your lovely bits of vinyl definately does it for me.

Anyone and everyone reading this is more than welcome on Thursday - please come and introduce yourselves!!

Regards

Ian

Guest lifeandsoul

Woaw - thursday this, friday something in WSM according to Calendar, sat 30th there's another thing in WSM at the pig and truffle, and exeter, sun 1 may its Soul Train Bristol and wed 4 may there might be something else (more later on the latter!)

Guest Little Miss Soul

Ah, another Getting Together! I've been to the majority of the GT nights and I have loved every one of them so if you have a chance to go (to this, or any other of the GT dates), get in the car and go.

Mike, Ian and Steve all seem to play an excellent mix and the sets always seem to compliment each other - well done boys!

Looking forward to this one - any others on the horizon?