Dionne Warwick,snow And Sunshine In Skeggy On A Sunday

How can you review a legend

Marie Warrick the original name of Dionne Warwick changed from her original name due to Scepter records pr staff mispelling her name,

From the original recording of "Make it Easy on your self " to the ripped off songs by english artists "Sandie Shaw,Dusty Springfield,Adam Faith,Bobby Gentry,Killer Black say killer because she killed Anyone who had a heart in comparison to the original blame EPSTEIN for that.

We where given an absolute treat even with a heavy cold she wowed the very hearts of all the people there with her third person narration of the life and times of Dionne,with references to other family members inc

Dede her sister whose RnB has thrilled us all over the years

from a tight very tight and musically impressive backing Band to the Harmonica played by Stevie Wonder used as part of the keyboard effects

on "Thats what Friends Are For" her final song

from the audience response whilst singing Heartbreaker

Her rendition of "Reach Out For Me" Roy Hamiltons Northern Album Track

Message to Michael,"Walk on By"Her 6 grammies and a multitude of Plaudits from the Music industry over the Years and her work as a US ambassador,

to the beautiful songs sung

what a night 2.5 hours of excellence

only problem was where were the fans

a venue as small as the Embassy Theatre capacity 1000 at a push

was basically at least 50 seats in the stalls and the circle hadnt even been utilised.

Soul Fans Lincs./ Notts/Skeggy peeps questionable as Soul isnt just a few places to drink dance and try and be at the front of the "SCENE" ITS A LOT BIGGER Genre than that, We as a family should have packed the rafters. IMO

AT least 3 of us had a great time.

• Replies 3
  • Views 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Doug we'd bought front row tickets to see her at Hull City Hall and it was cancelled last minute :lol: . I reckon the promotion was poor, as I didn't see it advertised anywhere at all. I only stumbled across it because of someone I know at the City Hall......

We just got a letter through, more or less saying 'sorry, it's cancelled'. You would have thought the promoters would have offered us alternative venues?.........

Anyway, we were real disappointed to miss out :lol: . Sounds like you had a great time.

Did she do 'Friends Can Be Lovers'?.........

ATB

Steve

Doug we'd bought front row tickets to see her at Hull City Hall and it was cancelled last minute :lol: . I reckon the promotion was poor, as I didn't see it advertised anywhere at all. I only stumbled across it because of someone I know at the City Hall......

We just got a letter through, more or less saying 'sorry, it's cancelled'. You would have thought the promoters would have offered us alternative venues?.........

Anyway, we were real disappointed to miss out :lol: . Sounds like you had a great time.

Did she do 'Friends Can Be Lovers'?.........

ATB

Steve

Yep and superbly all through low voice threshold she said due to english weather

but with her excellent delivery you wouldnt have noticed

and yep didnt have some strange and wonderful person messing with sound

cheers Steve

Guest soul diva

I've got tickets to see her in Eastbourne tomorrow night...............

Getting slightly worried it may get cancelled at the last minute, after reading your posts guys...... :lol::lol:

Hope not - as I'm really looking forward to seeing her perform 'live'.

Edited by soul diva

Source Advert