• Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest FrostyJak

ITS A STUDIO ONE RECORD !

THINK ITS ON A LP/CD TO

It's on one of the first CDS ya sent me buddy :g: I've shorten it , think the original is about 7 mins

A couple more to follow

Edited by FrostyJak
Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

The SCORCHA FROM BAMBOO (UK Bamboo ~ BLP202 - 1969) has this lovely tune as by the Blases.

I also have an S1 tune called I DON'T MIND credited to "Bob & Try" - on the "Musical Fever" compilation - I can't lay my hands on this, but it's a good chance these are both the same tune...

Thanks Zapp wink.gif I'll keep a look out for this

Gud on ya

Edited by FrostyJak
Social source share

Chris and Tim - I found my REGGAE FEVER CDR. Although Bob & Try's I DON'T MIND is very similar indeed (it starts with "I don't mind what you are saying") with the same tune, unusually, it's a totally different backing track.

Thus, it was the Blases' version you shared, Chris.

I'll upload the Bob & Try version later this evening (if no one else has done it by then :shades:)

Social source share

That's the album Chris!

I think it was withdrawn by Trojan (i.e. whoever was running the catalogue then - may have been Receiver records) upon "request" by Clement Dodd's representatives...

It might not be easy to find - I only have a CDR.

I've got that album, I had no idea it was withdrawn. It's poor anyway, like Tim says, made up of 2 single LP's and has about 3 good tracks on the lot

Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

first track came off a heartbeat lp NICE UP THE DANCE

Thanks Tim :D Delroy Wilson it is then :D Whole album sound gud ta me buddy thanks for that

Social source share

Guest Gary Thomas

The SCORCHA FROM BAMBOO (UK Bamboo ~ BLP202 - 1969) has this lovely tune as by the Blases.

This actually The Bassies - I Don't Mind and was released as a 45 on Studio 1.

Social source share

I'd never considered it NOT being the Blases, Gary - always assumed it was either another of those one-off artists that Dodd used to record, or another band under a pseudonym, rather than (presumably) a simple mis-type - thanks for that :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Gary Thomas

I'd never considered it NOT being the Blases, Gary - always assumed it was either another of those one-off artists that Dodd used to record, or another band under a pseudonym, rather than (presumably) a simple mis-type - thanks for that :rolleyes:

I was just pointing out the mis-spelling that reggae is infamous for and that it is The Bassies, rather than The Blases. The same group who recorded Things a come up to bump etc.

Social source share