• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

maybe because no one is watching.??????

he finishes at 2pm and doesnt update bids often..so youre kinda fukd

unless you see what if any bids there were a 1:59pm

if he has bothered to post them.

Gasher

Now Ritchie keeps those little banknotes in your pocket- You have a new house coming up :D

Im stuck at Prestwick Airport waitin for my flight and I missed the dundee soul night cos I fell asleep in the chair

Social source share

maybe because no one is watching.??????

he finishes at 2pm and doesnt update bids often..so youre kinda fukd

unless you see what if any bids there were a 1:59pm

if he has bothered to post them.

Gasher

hi ritchie ,

hope you're well

I had a sniff around guitar ray with a few mins to go and added 20 ££ to the price on the site - got a very prompt email straight back to say the price was ahead of that already at about 340 - that had hardly anytime left so it might be the final price [ stress might be ]

pete

Social source share

Yeah

VG++ and sounds like bacon frying

his grading is shit..I can vouch for that one from experience.

gasher

The Walter hadn't got any bids at 1.55 so I assume it went unsold. Had my eye on the Patrinell but after listening to the soundbite thought better of it. Think that went unsold too
Social source share

Yeah

VG++ and sounds like bacon frying

gasher

In fairness Richie, a friend of mine was very interested in it, and has had a very close look at the copy in question. He said it looks Mint, but is very grainy vinyl, and you can't do anything about poor quality vinyl. I've had records that look as though they have never seen a needle, but if there is a lot of re-used vinyl in the disc they sound like a pan full of streaky bacon.

Social source share

fair comment ...........

but ive seen and heard 2 copies of Patrinell Staten that play clean with no noise and Id assume they only did one press.

thats all I was saying..the soundfile was not good, :ohmy:

gasher

In fairness Richie, a friend of mine was very interested in it, and has had a very close look at the copy in question. He said it looks Mint, but is very grainy vinyl, and you can't do anything about poor quality vinyl. I've had records that look as though they have never seen a needle, but if there is a lot of re-used vinyl in the disc they sound like a pan full of streaky bacon.
Social source share

fair comment ...........

but ive seen and heard 2 copies of Patrinell Staten that play clean with no noise and Id assume they only did one press.

thats all I was saying..the soundfile was not good, :boxing:

gasher

Ritchie, sorry mate I missunderstood your post, I thought you were talking about Walter. :ohmy::thumbup:

Social source share

[quote name='JulianB'

Just had an email from them - won both the tracks :rolleyes:

" more off the 'wants list'

Julian (happy, happy, happy!!)

==========================================================

Well Done Julian ..What where they The Snake & Village o tears :thumbsup: ( just jokin mate !!! )

Brownies fav 45,s are Monkey Time..The Zoo...The Snake & Lee & the Lepards :D

Social source share

[quote name='JulianB'

Just had an email from them - won both the tracks :thumbup:

" more off the 'wants list'

Julian (happy, happy, happy!!)

==========================================================

Well Done Julian ..What where they The Snake & Village o tears :shades: ( just jokin mate !!! )

Brownies fav 45,s are Monkey Time..The Zoo...The Snake & Lee & the Lepards :thumbsup:

As usual you've found me out!! :shhh:

Julian

Social source share

If the record is from the end of the pressing batch the stampers may have started to wear out and the last records of the batch might not sound as good as the first ones, even if the same quality of vinyl is used for all of them.

Social source share

gasher

Hi Richie, hope your fine ! I must say that from my experience Tim Brown always was and continues to be a real gentleman of the scene and a pleasure to deal with. Never ever in 20 odd years did I have a problem (which did not get solved the easy way). If not satisfied (with condition) he offers a dead easy return for a refund policy.

Marc

Social source share

Shame I cant say the same ...........from experience.

The fact he refund is normal with most reputable dealers...but his attitude,fabrication of truth and customer relations stinks

gasher

Hi Richie, hope your fine ! I must say that from my experience Tim Brown always was and continues to be a real gentleman of the scene and a pleasure to deal with. Never ever in 20 odd years did I have a problem (which did not get solved the easy way). If not satisfied (with condition) he offers a dead easy return for a refund policy.

Marc

Social source share

Have to say I agree with Marc on this but of course you only need one bad experience to cloud the issue.

Have had to return a couple of items where I wasn't happy with the condition & have had absolutely no problem at all. In fact in the summer I bought an item for less than half "book" price as it was vg++ but I thought it was less than that so phoned to say I would be sending it back. I spoke to Tim & he was fine with that but said if I would prefer he would knock some money off. Problem was, as I said to Tim the sound quality was very slightly affected so for that reason it didn't matter how much was knocked off . So he made me another offer, if I wanted (& it was entirely up to me I could have my money back if I wanted) I could have his own personal copy because he wasn't that keen on it himself. So I ended up with a mint minus copy of a £350 record for £150

Cheers Tim thumbsup.gif

Marc

Social source share

Marc

agree with you marc...only 10% commission too :D

ps i know what walter went for!! :D

Social source share