Chalky

• Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i believe the temptones cover of butchs was first played after stafford iseem to remember in an old issue of shades ooof soul in a review of a mansfield nighter run at the the time by rob marriot around eighty seven it mentions the temptones as its first play that night ,brilliant track and a long standing cup for mark along with diane lewis ,now theres a top track to talk about.....

Social source share

i believe the temptones cover of butchs was first played after stafford iseem to remember in an old issue of shades ooof soul in a review of a mansfield nighter run at the the time by rob marriot around eighty seven it mentions the temptones as its first play that night ,brilliant track and a long standing cup for mark along with diane lewis ,now theres a top track to talk about.....

Was played at Stafford by Butch. If I remember rightly neither the Temptones or Diane Lewis are cover ups...both are unidentified and they are just the given name if you like, no name to cover up. Butch still plays both and both in my top 10.

Can remember the Swan nighters in Mansfield...Soul Power, still got some flyers and membership (credit card type).

Social source share

Swan Hotel in Mansfield.

That brings back memories. I have yet to meet anyone else who went, well I know Chalky, but didnt realise you went there too. Is it my memory playing tricks, or was part of the dance floor, polished cobbles??. Also one particularly snowy night, after travelling up from Gloucestershire in my brother's little mini, with no heating, we got there only to be told, there was a wedding reception, and the nighter was cancelled. Went to a local pub, very fed up, only to meet some Bradford lads who told us it was still on, just starting late. Godd job we pubbed it, or we would have just travelled all the way back.

Big tune about that time, Tony Galla. Still reminds me of cobbled floors whenever I hear it.

Social source share

Swan Hotel in Mansfield.

That brings back memories. I have yet to meet anyone else who went, well I know Chalky, but didnt realise you went there too. Is it my memory playing tricks, or was part of the dance floor, polished cobbles??. Also one particularly snowy night, after travelling up from Gloucestershire in my brother's little mini, with no heating, we got there only to be told, there was a wedding reception, and the nighter was cancelled. Went to a local pub, very fed up, only to meet some Bradford lads who told us it was still on, just starting late. Godd job we pubbed it, or we would have just travelled all the way back.

Big tune about that time, Tony Galla. Still reminds me of cobbled floors whenever I hear it.

Oh yes the cobbled dancefloor!!! If folk thought 100 Club bad at times got sod all on this floor lol.

Can remember the wedding night and maybe one or two other nights where we had to go in another room while locals cleared out.

post-2-1079945444_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!