Guest Biz

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbup: I sincerely hope nobody was hurt, the fire briagade folk who attended are all ok and any busines's in close proximity are in a position to continue trading.

Doesn,t look like there was anyone hurt paul thank god,you would think skeggy seafront is as dry as the kalahari desert the way buildings are burning down,the promoters were doing a great job here and things were taking off nice,the owner was even extending upstairs to cater for events now this happens

Social source share

Wasn't there a fire last year on the seafront?.

yes kev.

local keep wandering round muttering words like 'insurance' and 'scam' but I have seen the plans for the upstairs. a top venue for over 300, I know the manager had ploughed a lot of effort and cash into it and delaying the opening (was gonna be june 2009) would have done him no good what so ever.

we're a bit distraught because we were going to move upstairs to said venue, now we got nowt (for a while) but the peg isn't just a venue, it's an attitude to soul, a feeling and an atmosphere and we'll take ALL that to a temporary venue (when we find one) until the 'Peg' itself is back 'on line'.

and as PD said, the important thing is no one was hurt (as far as I know) and Hobbo didn't leave his records there this time!!!

Social source share

sorry just getting use to this venue, you will bounce back good look on a new venue ken and the york crew. all the best

thanks harry, ken and the york guys.

we're all a bit gutted because the peg was growing in reputation all the time but IF we find a new venue we'll take with us the attitude and open door/music policies that made the peg what it was, thumbsup.gif

Social source share

:huh::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Absolutly gutted , this little venue , was beginning to be a home from home for us , i loved the place , its a BLOOMIN SHAME , Coops you can use our kitchen till you find somewhere else laugh.gif but hurry up and get a new onewe'll be down soon love loads Di xxxx
Social source share

got all the way down there and forgot me marsh mallows mellow.gif

post-9305-1228158864_thumb.jpg

post-9305-1228158910_thumb.jpg

post-9305-1228158955_thumb.jpg

post-9305-1228158993_thumb.jpg

just like to state coops before the rumours start that myself and dawn roberts were no where near the bloody place lol.

it is bad news though and i hope you find a venue in the mean time.xx

Social source share

just like to state coops before the rumours start that myself and dawn roberts were no where near the bloody place lol.

it is bad news though and i hope you find a venue in the mean time.xx

rumour is a drunken duck was lighting up a vodka soaked spliff he thought was a sausage in an inflamible area round the back!!!! shades.gif

okay, to lighten the mood, what should the last tune at the peg have been:

Burning Bush - Keeps on Burning?

(next)

Social source share

Guest Biggie G

rumour is a drunken duck was lighting up a vodka soaked spliff he thought was a sausage in an inflamible area round the back!!!! shades.gif

(next)

Really sad news, our first time at the last one and deffo plan to come back for more. Keep us posted on when they can open again.

Ohh and EDDIE FLOYD, YOU SET MY SOUL ON FIRE. Sorry!

Cheers

Gareth and Janice

Social source share

rumour is a drunken duck was lighting up a vodka soaked spliff he thought was a sausage in an inflamible area round the back!!!! :rolleyes:

(next)

atleast wen the peg is bak up and running you can do bar meals .....i hear DUCK N A BASKET is the new soul food.lol.

:lol: keep smiling all you peggers.xxx

Social source share

Hi Coops, Brian and All the sqare peggers

Really sorry to hear about the peg. So many good times had by all, but be assured these time will return and soul people have faith and hearts as big as dust bin lid's. We send all our love to everyone and are thinking of you all. You know where we are if we can help in anyway.

Take care

Yocky and Jx

and everybody from Team Tarn and the Empress Ballrooms

Social source share

Hi Coops, Brian and All the sqare peggers

Really sorry to hear about the peg. So many good times had by all, but be assured these time will return and soul people have faith and hearts as big as dust bin lid's. We send all our love to everyone and are thinking of you all. You know where we are if we can help in anyway.

Take care

Yocky and Jx

and everybody from Team Tarn and the Empress Ballrooms

you're all helping by the many, many messages me and brian have received over phone and internet.

We may have lost a venue but we've still got the many friends like you guys that we have made during a fantastic year at the peg and THAT's far more important than any bricks and motar.

Brian and Pete start searching in ernest for a temporary venue tomorrow, will update asap.

thanks Joy & Yocky and t'northerners, see you at Butlins XX

Social source share

yes kev.

local keep wandering round muttering words like 'insurance' and 'scam' but I have seen the plans for the upstairs. a top venue for over 300, I know the manager had ploughed a lot of effort and cash into it and delaying the opening (was gonna be june 2009) would have done him no good what so ever.

we're a bit distraught because we were going to move upstairs to said venue, now we got nowt (for a while) but the peg isn't just a venue, it's an attitude to soul, a feeling and an atmosphere and we'll take ALL that to a temporary venue (when we find one) until the 'Peg' itself is back 'on line'.

and as PD said, the important thing is no one was hurt (as far as I know) and Hobbo didn't leave his records there this time!!!

Hi Coops,

So sorry to hear the bad news,i am sure the phoenix will rise and you will find a temporary soul venue,

Regards Mall Federation & Central Soul Clubs Nottingham

Social source share

Heard from one of the promoters Brian today,it looks like he might have found another venue very close to the peg for the dec 20th event , he will know for sure friday,lets hope its a goer,he is also looking for another couple of Dj,s for a event on new years eve you can contact him on 07888761373

Social source share

rumour is a drunken duck was lighting up a vodka soaked spliff he thought was a sausage in an inflamible area round the back!!!! :g:

(next)

laugh.gif:lol::lol::no::lol:

Kez was no where near the peg :Dph34r.gif

nor was Dougie the drunken duck :lol::lol::lol:

However I have seen one dodgy geezer hanging about

post-231-1228330233_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Local newspaper has just published the results of a recent survey.

Residents of Skegness were asked what they would like to replace the two recent sets of sea front buildings (including the Peg) that have burnt down.

The result was unanimous...... A FIRE STATION!!!!!

Edited by coops
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!