four voices

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure that the gold ones are legit re-issues. Issued by the label owner. If I remember rightly, which quite often I don't!

I f I remember rightly they first tried to knock them out as originals whith just a different colour label.

Social source share

the bootleg guide says

second issue was repressed by the owner when asked about the origionals availability so has first rate sound quality but is approx 1 /10 the value lists at 75 pounds for 2nd issue

hope this helps

david

Social source share

I've been told that the gold label re-issues are ARCHER stamped; a sign of using the original stampers, perhaps?

Mind you, the same thing was said of the boots of "That's The Way He Is" by Ann Perry. Released by the label owner, yet the sound quality is crap - crackle in the intro, and a slight fluctuation in sound, which speeds up for a note. I'd have thought the label owner would have taken a bit more care if that story was true. Moral - believe very little of what you read, and none of what you hear!!!

Having said that, I wonder if anyone can confirm the ARCHER stamping on the Four Voices re-issues? Would be keen to know.........

Gene

Social source share

Totally worthless and really not worth the money £75.00 for a second issue boot call it what you will... is this scene going crazy or ebay has a lot to answer for, inflated prices is enough for authentic original records let alone for nasty pressings, i don't give a flying fart that this was pressed by the lable owner.... still rather him than some chancer from the UK who presses up records as when they feel like...oh and the odd CD...LOL.

Keep it real - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

from the bootleg pressing plants of nottingham to the bootleg pressing plants of las vagas.

play it real.play it green.better for the enviroment to.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth I've got another disc of theirs "We live in the Ghetto" and the label is green. Not a bad tune actually, sort of almost, not quite, bit too shuffly, stop-starty.

Social source share

i,vee heard ,ghetto, played out in the past at venues like wilton i believe iheard northern legend gaz kellet play it ,,,....when is the flip to ,stronger ,going to get some big nighter plays,with a lonely heart ,is a great tune.

Social source share

Sorry, that was me forgot to log in.

And having said the above the gold ones go on e-bay every month by the same LV seller...

Isn't this the same seller who tried to pass off Johnny Watson - "It's better to cry" (Valise) as an original.

Also I bought Kissi Jacobs - "Let it be him" (Blackjack) from him and have since been told it may be dodgy. Anyone confirm ?

If this is the case are all these copies of Frederick Hymes and all the stuff he's selling on the Prix label okay ?

Social source share

For those of you who own "We Live in The Ghetto" by the Four Voices, be sure to flip it over (if you haven't already done so) for the equally stunning B-side "Summer Kind Of Love"!! It's actually the side I've played the most for the past 15 years.

Have seen it sell for anything between £40 - £80.

Gene

post-1-1081455210_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 1 month later...

£950+ HOWEVER IS A LOT TO PAY FOR A RECORD, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THAT WAS/MUST STILL BE AROUND, IN BOXES OF 100'S ON GREEN LABELS. YOURS TRULY BOUGHT BACK 125 ALL AT ONCE AND I WASNT THE ONLY VISITOR TO JACK HOWARDS EMPORIUM WHO SEEMED, ALONG WITH THE CANADIAN CONECTION, TO HAVE MORE THAN THEY KNEW WHAT TO DO WITH - 20 YEARS OR SO BE THE BIODEGRADABLE TIME LIMIT EH? BLOODY GREAT TUNE THOUGH. LIVE IN THE GHETTO WAS EVEN MORE NUMEROUS WITH OTHER FLIP.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!