Omen / Vault - The Wooden Nickels - Nobody But You

45cellar

I have started this thread in response to a Question on the Sound Quality of these two releases.

>>> THE WOODEN NICKELS - OMEN Vs VAULT <<<

I recorded my three copies straight from their sleeves without cleaning, and at the same Level.

I noticed that the Omen Copy does sound different & is a Different STYRENE Monarch DELTA #60383 (Soul Bowl)

The VAULT COPIES ARE BOTH STYRENE MONARCH DELTA # 63114

• My VAULT DEMO Does Sound a little Distorted (Only Played a few times from NEW = Soul Bowl) Needle Burn ?

• My VAULT Stock Copy has Exactly the Same Matrix DETAILS as the DEMO but does sound a clearer.
  • My Stock Copy was bought in the 70's from a Mate.

Just to be certain I have Included the Wave Scan from Audacity.

I will try a gentle clean on the VAULT DEMO in the next couple of days,

would have thought that the stock copy proves the original press quality though

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a feeling that the Omen and Vault 45s are pressed from the same stampers. Both issues certainly have the same matrix number (427). which is unusual in that Omen and Vault were not labels that were affiliated to each other in any way...
45, it dose sound like the Omen is a different take than the Vault. I would put one in my itunes and the other on the desk top, play them at the same time stop pause to get them running parallel and see if any thing stands out.

It was the first time that I had studied them, Appears to have been Mastered twice at Monarch #

>>> LOCAL & NATIONAL RELEASES - ANORAKS CORNER <<<

First for the OMEN (LOCAL) Release Delta #60383

Then for the VAULT (National) Release Delta #63114

Certainly sounds a slightly different mix regarding recording Levels at the Very Least.

As Tony says on the other thread Interesting that the matrix no (427) Appears on both releases.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!