The Orwell, Wigan - 1 Room Special - This Saturday 27th Dec

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

NEXT EVENT

Saturday 27th December 2008

ONE ROOM XMAS SPECIAL!!!!!

On The Real Side @ The Orwell

RESIDENT DJ's - FLANNY, STEVE PLUMB, STEVE CONNOR & BARRY MALEADY

Playing Quality 70's, Crossover & 'Little Label' Soul!

GUEST DJ - SOUL SAM

Back at The Orwell for the 1st time in 2008

Soul Sam.....the man who can!!!!

Entrance £6

9pm til 2am (with 2am bar)

email theorwell@soulmusic.co.uk for more info (Directions, B & B's etc)

Edited by Steve Plumb
  • Replies 54
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ah the Christmas Orwell ! Really looking forward to this Steve. Just finalising who is actually coming over with Tomo and Lofty and myself can we have tinsel round the table!. I know Kirsty and Micheal are going as well

Actually this night would be a great opportunity for those on the "crossover thread" to try and get along for a Festive meet to hear the best of the genre played at one of the best nights in the country.

Adam

Ah the Christmas Orwell ! Really looking forward to this Steve. Just finalising who is actually coming over with Tomo and Lofty and myself can we have tinsel round the table!. I know Kirsty and Micheal are going as well

Actually this night would be a great opportunity for those on the "crossover thread" to try and get along for a Festive meet to hear the best of the genre played at one of the best nights in the country.

Adam

Tinsel it is mate :D

A warm welcome will be given to anyone from the Crossover Thread.....................I might cut and paste your comments on the thread if you don't mind Adam? PLMK

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 27th?

Cheers

Steve

Adam

OOOh Adam you meet some right weirdos when Soul-Source Meet and Greets are suggested :thumbup:

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

NEXT EVENT

GUEST DJ - SOUL SAM

Entrance £6

Hia Guys

Please post a list of B+b.s , im coming [but dont bother with directions as i think i can just about remember the way]

Thanks

Gary

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

NEXT EVENT

GUEST DJ - SOUL SAM

Entrance £6

Hia Guys

Please post a list of B+b.s , im coming [but dont bother with directions as i think i can just about remember the way]

Thanks

Gary

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

NEXT EVENT

GUEST DJ - SOUL SAM

Entrance £6

Hia Guys

Thanks

Gary

Here you go Gary be good to see you

Adam

LOCAL HOSTELRIES ALL WITHIN A TEN MINUTE TAXI RIDE BAY HORSE ASHTON TEL. 01942 725032 PRIORY WOOD WIGAN 01942 211516 BELLINGHAM HOTEL 01942 243893 FORTE TRAVEL LODGE 01942 272055 QUALITY HOTEL 01942 826888 WHEATLEA PARK TRAVEL INN 01942 493469 MOAT HOUSE STANDISH 01257 499988

Thank you Adam [long time since we bumped into you guys] looking forward to catching up with you

Thanks

Gary

Adam

LOCAL HOSTELRIES ALL WITHIN A TEN MINUTE TAXI RIDE BAY HORSE ASHTON TEL. 01942 725032 PRIORY WOOD WIGAN 01942 211516 BELLINGHAM HOTEL 01942 243893 FORTE TRAVEL LODGE 01942 272055 QUALITY HOTEL 01942 826888 WHEATLEA PARK TRAVEL INN 01942 493469 MOAT HOUSE STANDISH 01257 499988

Have you decided on the hotel yet Adam? Is it gonna be one big family room for all of us :shades::wave::sleep3:

Hia Guys

Thanks

Gary

Adam

Thank you Adam [long time since we bumped into you guys] looking forward to catching up with you

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary

Be great to see you again mate :lol:

Cheers

Steve

THE ORWELL Wigan Pier, Wigan

NEXT EVENT

GUEST DJ - SOUL SAM

Entrance £6

Can't beleive we've not had SOULFUL SAMUEL (ALIAS FARTIN BUMFATHER)

on for more than a year

ITS KAREN CONNORS BIRTHDAY AS WELL :)

GONNA BE A Xmas CRACKER

BE THERE... ***THE ORWELL WERE YOUR AMONGST LIKEMINDED FRIENDS*** :unsure:

Adam

Alright Adam, looks like theres a good chance the Aycliffe lads will be over there this time cos the Coachman has been pulled, fond memories of last visit even though it was 2 years ago, don,t know if we are staying over yet.

Kev

Alright Adam, looks like theres a good chance the Aycliffe lads will be over there this time cos the Coachman has been pulled, fond memories of last visit even though it was 2 years ago, don,t know if we are staying over yet.

Kev

Yay.

Think we're all staying in the travelodge... though as I have left it up to Adam to make the decisions re the after-party, nothing has been booked - YET!

See ya in a few weeks... don't forget my Christmas present :unsure:

Read these forums??

Not likely mate......'another parcel?, Oh, yeah got that for a fiver'.

Jim :lol:

Good job too aint it.................and you obviously didn't get the parcel from me then at a fiver :lol:

Oh by the way, have you heard the one about that Soul Club we all love going monthly in 2009???????

Cheers

Steve

Good job too aint it.................and you obviously didn't get the parcel from me then at a fiver :D

Oh by the way, have you heard the one about that Soul Club we all love going monthly in 2009???????

Cheers

Steve

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU CAPTAIN. See you on the 27th. How many pieces of eight are in a fiver ??????? :wave::D

Going out of 2008 on a high and starting 2009 on a high too :lol:

Just too many records knocking around to only play them every quarter yes.gif

Cheers

Steve

Really looking forward to this one Steve - only managed one other this year with it going quarterly and the first time I will of heard Sam since Soul Essence. And great to hear you are going back to monthly.

My favourite venue by a mile - I always say when Soul Essence and the Orwell packs in, so will I!!

We four from Middlesbrough do a 250 mile round trip, an overnight stay and taxis to get to the place its that good. Please, please you North West lot get behind it and let's see you all on the 27th

Mike

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU CAPTAIN. See you on the 27th. How many pieces of eight are in a fiver ??????? whistling.gif:ohmy:

No Gay Pirate jokes please John......................otherwise I'll print out a few piccies of you in costume and adorn them on the walls of The Orwell.......................I still might do that as that was some tash you had mate :ohmy:

Now who knows what the f**k we're on about???????

See you on the27th mate :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Guest recordman

Really looking forward to this one Steve - only managed one other this year with it going quarterly and the first time I will of heard Sam since Soul Essence. And great to hear you are going back to monthly.

My favourite venue by a mile - I always say when Soul Essence and the Orwell packs in, so will I!!

We four from Middlesbrough do a 250 mile round trip, an overnight stay and taxis to get to the place its that good. Please, please you North West lot get behind it and let's see you all on the 27th

Mike

Much appreciated mate thanks for the comments

Mike

Think we should put this on the flyers Mike thumbsup.gif

What can we say other than THIS is the reason we run The Orwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks fella and see you on the 27th!

Cheers

Steve

Guest recordman

Just escaped Mad Friday so thought I would just post up ahead of next weeks event

Good buzz on the night so were all looking forward to great end of year party

Thought I'd dare to post a couple of things that i'd like to give a spin on Saturday...............if the other guys read this, maybe they'll do the same! Loads of threads go on about how their 'looking forward to it' etc and how they'll 'see you there' etc (which is fine) but not many post lists of records they're planning on playing..........so here's a couple of tasty bits (nowt mega rare, just dead tasty imho!) i'm looking forward to playing on Saturday-

Shirley Alston - Can't stop singing - London UK (The itch I can finally scratch!)

Paul Burton - It's so very hard to make it - Music Go Round (Parts 1 & 2 deserve spins on their own I reckon!)

Bobby Sheen - She hit me from the blind side - Unreleased magic from 'Something new to do' era!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

. Loads of threads go on about how their 'looking forward to it' etc and how they'll 'see you there' etc (which is fine) but not many post lists of records they're planning on playing...........-

Cheers

Steve

Steve - I havent finalised it yet - depends if I'm on before or after Soul Sam - let me know :lol:

Seriously, is the Shirley Alston a prodigal thing or UK only ?

and what's the story with the Bobby Sheen - he's a fantastic singer for me

Mike

Er...Did I Mention I'm Not Driving

you may have done :)

don't forget to pack my record in your box.... is it nearly time that you're gonna let it come and live with me?

see you in a couple of days

(hope you and Karen have a lovely Christmas)

Thought I'd dare to post a couple of things that i'd like to give a spin on Saturday...............if the other guys read this, maybe they'll do the same! Loads of threads go on about how their 'looking forward to it' etc and how they'll 'see you there' etc (which is fine) but not many post lists of records they're planning on playing..........so here's a couple of tasty bits (nowt mega rare, just dead tasty imho!) i'm looking forward to playing on Saturday-

Shirley Alston - Can't stop singing - London UK (The itch I can finally scratch!)

Paul Burton - It's so very hard to make it - Music Go Round (Parts 1 & 2 deserve spins on their own I reckon!)

Bobby Sheen - She hit me from the blind side - Unreleased magic from 'Something new to do' era!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

The Bobby Sheen is worth the addmision cost on its own, me and my tash :D are looking forward to hearing it again.

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

NEXT EVENT

GUEST DJ - SOUL SAM

Entrance £6

Hia Guys

Thanks

Gary

Adam

Also the Brocket Arms (Weatherspoons hotel) about 10 mins away........good for a few cheap liveners :thumbsup:beer.gif before going out.

Blake

Guest recordman

you may have done :wave:

don't forget to pack my record in your box.... is it nearly time that you're gonna let it come and live with me?

see you in a couple of days

(hope you and Karen have a lovely Christmas)

Thanks Kirsty, I hope Santa had something in his sack for you yesterday !

Source Advert