Willington Mini Nighter December 27th Kenny Burrell,

SATURDAY 27th DECEMBER

8.00PM - 04.00 AM WILLINGTON MINI - NIGHTER 11TH ANNIVERSARY

DELIVERING AN ECLETIC MIX OF SOUL MUSIC FROM ALL ERA'S

DJs

KEITH MONEY, KENNY BURRELL, JO WALLACE & CHRIS ANDERTON with regulars ROB KAY, AUSTIN & DENMAC

£8 otd. Large dancefloor.

Record Dealers welcome. Large car park.

Rob Kay: 07831 336 296

Austin: 01332 676002

Twyford Road (A5132), Willington, Derbys. DE65 6PP. 1.5 miles from A38 / A50 junction

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hopefully will be up to the mini nighter on 27th, with a line up like that I just know we will be in for a treat musically biggrin.gif definitely one of the friendliest venues I've visited and DJ'd at this year.

Best

Molly

It sure is Molly...doesn`t often get too many mentions on here for some reason but with an average attendence approaching 200 for the soul nights every month and many more than that for the mini-nighters i dont suppose the event needs any false hype!

I`m really looking forward to the 27th already...hope to see you there...as you say, a genuine across the board venue.

Cheers, Chris

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Hello Peeps,

Just to let you all know that the irrepressible bundle of dynamite that is Sam Evans has been added to the line-up for this night .........now with 8 DJ's contributing to the mix, there really ought to be something for everybody, whatever your soul music preferences are.................so hopefully, we'll see lots of you there on the 27th...........but if we don't sad.gif , hope you all have a fantastic time thumbup.gif over the holidays and that Santa brings you, at least a little bit of whatever you're hoping for.

Kev

Hello Peeps,

Just to let you all know that the irrepressible bundle of dynamite that is Sam Evans has been added to the line-up for this night .........now with 8 DJ's contributing to the mix, there really ought to be something for everybody, whatever your soul music preferences are.................so hopefully, we'll see lots of you there on the 27th...........but if we don't :thumbup: , hope you all have a fantastic time :lol: over the holidays and that Santa brings you, at least a little bit of whatever you're hoping for.

Kev

Sorry cant be there for this one, should be as good as usual though especially with the addition of Sammantha Evans.

Considering the accuracy of their listing on Chapman Events, anyone intending to travel to this (admittedly cool sounding event) would be advised to ring ahead to confirm its on to save the risk of a wasted journey.

Unless, that is, you are happy to find the only dancers around when you get there is a bunch of f---ing bunny rabbits.

SATURDAY 27th DECEMBER

8.00PM - 04.00 AM WILLINGTON MINI - NIGHTER 11TH ANNIVERSARY

DELIVERING AN ECLETIC MIX OF SOUL MUSIC FROM ALL ERA'S

DJs

KEITH MONEY, KENNY BURRELL, JO WALLACE & CHRIS ANDERTON with regulars ROB KAY, AUSTIN & DENMAC

£8 otd. Large dancefloor.

Record Dealers welcome. Large car park.

Rob Kay: 07831 336 296

Austin: 01332 676002

Twyford Road (A5132), Willington, Derbys. DE65 6PP. 1.5 miles from A38 / A50 junction

Hiya Chris

See you there really looking forward to this great line up plus we're meeting up with family who I've not seen for 23 years, could get messy :lol: .

See you Saturday.

Sharon & Kev

Guest vinylvixen
sad.gif I've rung Rob and had to bow out of this event due to illness. I'm totally gutted as it's the one event that I start packing for in July.....look at the dj line up as well. How cool to be treading the boards with the Scotsmen, Sam and the Willington Massive....and I won't be there. I'm really sorry to leave it so late to say anything but I was hoping I'd be better by then - not a chance :P Y'all have a wonderful time and I'll be missing each and everyone of you....there will be a spare onion bahjee if anyone wants to claim it :D Jo xxx

Considering the accuracy of their listing on Chapman Events, anyone intending to travel to this (admittedly cool sounding event) would be advised to ring ahead to confirm its on to save the risk of a wasted journey.

Unless, that is, you are happy to find the only dancers around when you get there is a bunch of f---ing bunny rabbits.

"Spirit" - reading between the lines sounds like you had a wasted journey & I'm sorry about that [PM'd you]........however, the listing on Sean's site is entirely down to Sean, it's his site and he maintains it. No doubt he had the best of intentions by posting up that Willington would be on, on the 20th Dec - the third Saturday of the month, as it has been for 11 months of the year. I'm not sure when Sean posted the dates for Willington, but we've only ever advertised Willington as taking place on the 27th for the Xmas Mini-nighter on here, via the flyers page and the what's on/events page and more recently in the forum for upcoming events.

JUST TO CONFIRM WE'RE STILL ON FOR THE 27TH........and if you're in to buying those round black shiny record thingys...... Chris Anderton, Dave Welding & Steve Jeffries will be in attendance selling their wares.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great time and hope to see lots of you on Saturday.

Kev

Jo, Really sorry you cant make it mate, hope you feel better soon. It wont be the same without you!

Sharon and Kev, Look forward to seeing you there guys, its always a top night.

Spirit, Really sorry you made a wasted journey, as Kev has said the December night has and is only ever been the mini-nighter on the 27th.....The Willington Guys are very professional and organise great events that have been on the soul calender for 10 years or more.

Kev, Bring my Man Utd tickets mate and I`ll give you the dosh...thanks again for that!

just to confirm Kenny Burrell will definatly be DJing...apparently he retires on January 1st...

All looking good...record dealers welcome...I`ll be there selling my stuff, just topped the boxes up with some nice new stuff too....

See you there....

Chris.

Hi all, Becket of Banbury here.................... :D

Wouldn't miss this for anything. Scottish heavyweights Keith & Kenny........ WOW ! Love 'em.

Shame Jo cannot make it. She's a scream and would have been nice to catch up on things [as she DJ'd for our 5th anniv in Nov]

I will be trying for a car full from Banbury. See you all there.

I seem to remember Gilly lives in the village; doesn't he? Hope he makes the effort as he is a good laugh also.

Cheers................ Tom & co.

Guest vinylvixen

Jo, Really sorry you cant make it mate, hope you feel better soon. It wont be the same without you!

just to confirm Kenny Burrell will definatly be DJing...apparently he retires on January 1st...

Chris.

:D:thumbup::thumbup: Double bummer - not being there and not being able to say goodbye to Kenny :lol::lol: Pooh x

Guest vinylvixen

Shame Jo cannot make it. She's a scream and would have been nice to catch up on things [as she DJ'd for our 5th anniv in Nov]

Triple gutted now.....the Banbury lot at Willington - and I won't be there....drat and double drat :thumbup: Ah well, there's always next year :D xx

Gents (and ladies),

Thanks for the civil replies, I wasn't terribly festive when I posted that, was I? Yes, I turned up to be greeted by a crowd of rabbits, but little else in the car park.

Anyway, I assume the Chapman listing is a recurring post, automatically recalculated - I also assumed it had originally been placed by yourselves, and the responsibility for its accuracy was with the promoter; if this was wrong, I apologise. I could probably have been a little less aggressive regardless, so sorry for that as well.

I will get there one day (on the right date!), though not this week - hope it's a good one for you; it sounds like it will be. Merry Christmas to you.

Hi all, Becket of Banbury here.................... :thumbsup:

Wouldn't miss this for anything. Scottish heavyweights Keith & Kenny........ WOW ! Love 'em.

I will be trying for a car full from Banbury. See you all there.

I seem to remember Gilly lives in the village; doesn't he? Hope he makes the effort as he is a good laugh also.

sorry I cant be there in support from banbury, but as you know i'm D-Jing in leamington that night, but I'm sure you guys will have a great time

All the best

Steve

Still trying to sort a lift out as my little Fiesta is finally giving up the ghost and I daren't risk a journey over there in it (albeit only 40 minutes - it just won't make it). I did ask for a new car for xmas but got a model scooter instead!!!!!! Hope to see you all later x

Source Advert