Guest noreille

Johnnie Taylor

Watermelon man / Blues in the night

ATLANTIC 650147

Manufactured in France

£ 300

post-11562-1228832894_thumb.jpg

post-11562-1228832912_thumb.jpg

This one needs no introduction, especially on this board... I should perhaps just mention that "Blues in the night" was released in France on two different formats: an EP on Stax and this single on Atlantic. This last one, as it has already been said here is the most desirable way in a collector's point of view to get this track pressed on vinyl. Rarer and sounding better...

Record: strong EX Almost perfect. A couple of the smallest and thinest hairline scratches ever... Barely visible and having absolutely no occurence on sound quality. A few even smaller marks on begining's dead wax.

Labels: perfect exception made of the precedent owner's name written (nice writing with a thin pen) on "watermelon man" side. No other deterioration.

Sleeve: strong VG a badly removed sticker left its trace on front (see pic), moderate wear on upper and lower edges, light ringwear on front and back. Name written on back the same way it was written on one label. Otherwise, clean picture sleeve...

Sound check: Slight surface noise on the begining of "Blues in the night" that totally disappears in a very small delay. Otherwise perfect playability, taking all the benefits of an excellent pressing quality... I recorded "blues in the night" entirely and the first half of "Watermelon man" from this copy (at 112 kbps). Check the soundclip, that's how the record sounds.

johnnietaylor.mp3

I'm just a "semi-known gem" here and I don't want anyone to think I joigned the board to make money. This said, my professional activity's precarity sometimes leaves me no choice and makes me sell records I often would like to keep. I registered to benefit from and contribute to the wonderful ressource that is Refosoul. I'm not a man of words and knowledge so I might not participate to other forums, but I love music so you'll see me post clips from times to times... These last months I've been much too busy in real life to post or even log in, however I just want to say I'm a man of confidence, melomaniac record collector and music lover. I won't screw anyone.

link to my introduction to Soul Source:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Hi-I-m-...lle-t71197.html

link to my eBay seller's feedback:

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...eedbackAsSeller

Terms of the sale:

- No long holds... Sorry, I'm just making it available here and now because it would help me paying that big bill that can't wait to be paid... If the sale isn't successful, the record will join 130 others I'll be listing on ebay in a week or two. In that case, I'll have a bad week or two then things will be better...

- Registered shipping offered within Europe! The record will be shipped instantly.

- To contact me: PM or email: blsb@wanadoo.fr, first came first served...

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

Bruno

Edited by noreille
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest noreille

I think since Pete Smith sold one on here for £100 only a week ago is your answer

Ah... Wow! Nice price... If I knew I guess I wouldn't have post this sale.

Isn't this price reflecting the market? I sold a sleeveless copy in VG shape (but sounding good) for £150 a few months ago on the same board in the same situation (below empty pockets). Also, I can't erase from my memory that JM could sell the french EP (wich is cheaper) for £500... Crazy!

This is my own and last copy also and I'm letting it go for some reason...

However, I received your answer and a few messages that made me feel warmer.

The record is still available. :lol:

Social source share

Guest noreille

your best best would be to let mr manship auction it for you

I thought about it this morning but time isn't on my side. The semi-best option is the one. :lol:

Social source share

I noticed the prices had been dropping which is why I sold mine so cheap, but to be honest I really needed the money so under normal circumstances it would have been more. Also, it only cost me 60 quid I think which is why I was happy to make 40 on it. I would have thought the Atlantic one is rarer though.

Social source share

Guest noreille

The 2 last copies I've sold went for 150 euros (EP) and 200 euros (Single)

Used to go for more some years ago...

Hi Damien,

I'm following your auctions from times to times... Always great stuff!

Didn't you get 200 euros for the single because it was a set sale here? (I'm watching you... :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Hi Damien,

I'm following your auctions from times to times... Always great stuff!

Didn't you get 200 euros for the single because it was a set sale here? (I'm watching you... shades.gif )

Yes it was on a set sale list - Anyway quite a while since I last got a single - becomes hard to find really :lol:

Best !

Damien

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest noreille

Hi folks!

Finally didn't have any time to hit ebay with my 100 records list including this one... It is still available and my financial position wich is really really bad makes me ready to sell the Johnnie Taylor 45 no matter how devaluated UK pound is... Damn... Believe I must be in the depth of a hole to take this decision!

Bills are gonna rain in a few days (february 5th)... Gosh!

Thanks for your interest.

Bruno

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest noreille

I was passing by to say that this baby is still available and today more than ever before my little familly and I need some quick change...

it is now £ 250.

Thanks for your interest, hopefully it will be sold fast...

Cheers,

Bruno

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!