Help Needed - Scans Of The Following Required

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Dear All, I'm involved with the forthcoming Island 50th celebrations next year and part of my task (which I've chosen to accept) is tracking down some of the more obscure items needed for the book/ exhibition....can any of you help with high res scans of the following?

"Keith & Enid" (ILP 901)

"Wranglin" (Ernest Ranglin ILP 909)

"Mockingbird" (Inez & Charlie Foxx ILP 911)

"Reflections" (E Ranglin ILP 915)

"The Sue Story" (ILP 925)

"Memorial Album" (Elmore James ILP 927)

"Come On Home" (J Edwards ILP 931)

"The Sue Story: Vol Two" (ILP 933)

"Soul '66" (ILP 934)

"Jackie & Millie (ILP 941)

"Barefootin'" (Robert Parker ILP 942)

"Hard Road to Travel" (Jimmy Cliff ILP 962)

Also add to the list any UK Sue memorabillia, photos....and I wouldn't min a hi-res scan of 'Doctor Soul' on Sue and did the White Island 45s ever come in a stock bag? Could you send scans to motownjo@hotmail.com - also you can PM me on here for further chit chat.

Thanking you in advance

Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylvixen

There's no company bags Jo. I've bought unplayed old stock and they're in plain white sleeves.

I don't think I've got any of these LP's anymore but there's a shagged copy of the Jackie & Millie sleeve on the wall of Oldies Unlimited in Wolverhampton :D

I agree with you Pete - I've seen the COMPLETE white island collection along with Rio, Treasure Isle and Planetary. Treasure Isle had stock bags but the others were all plain white sleeves. Shame about the shagged Jackie & Millie - that can go side by side with my tattered Mockingbird LP :lol: I've got to find them in as tiptop condition as I can....thanks anyway xx

Social source share

I agree with you Pete - I've seen the COMPLETE white island collection along with Rio, Treasure Isle and Planetary. Treasure Isle had stock bags but the others were all plain white sleeves. Shame about the shagged Jackie & Millie - that can go side by side with my tattered Mockingbird LP :lol: I've got to find them in as tiptop condition as I can....thanks anyway xx

The Treasure Isle stock bags you mention I presume are the same ones that were used for Doctor Bird, Pyramid and Rio (2nd design) Jo? Brown and cream splodges?

p.s. you mean Planetone of course :D

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

The Treasure Isle stock bags you mention I presume are the same ones that were used for Doctor Bird, Pyramid and Rio (2nd design) Jo? Brown and cream splodges?

p.s. you mean Planetone of course :lol:

Doh - I'm going senile....I'm looking at the Planetone label scans now :D Yeah, the bags are brown and yellowish splodges - must've been a generic bag - one bag fits all labels biggrin.gif Geoff's come up with 3 of the LPs so I'm off to update the list now. x

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Dear All, I'm involved with the forthcoming Island 50th celebrations next year and part of my task (which I've chosen to accept) is tracking down some of the more obscure items needed for the book/ exhibition....can any of you help with high res scans of the following?

"Keith & Enid" (ILP 901)

"Wranglin" (Ernest Ranglin ILP 909)

"Mockingbird" (Inez & Charlie Foxx ILP 911)

"Reflections" (E Ranglin ILP 915)

"The Sue Story" (ILP 925)

"Memorial Album" (Elmore James ILP 927)

"Come On Home" (J Edwards ILP 931)

"The Sue Story: Vol Two" (ILP 933) - sorted

"Soul '66" (ILP 934) - sorted

"Jackie & Millie (ILP 941)

"Barefootin'" (Robert Parker ILP 942)

"Hard Road to Travel" (Jimmy Cliff ILP 962)

'Doctor Soul' on Sue - sorted

So any of the others would be lovely ta xx

Thanking you in advance

Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I can do you a scan of the Barefootin' LP by Robert Parker. It's the US version, though.

Let me know if you need it anyway.

-Jason

Hi Jason, it's got to be the UK version - but thankyou for the offer smile.gif x

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

hi Jo,

I will have a look in the house and if i got any in good nick you can borrow them till after the exhibition i will get back to you.

Regards

Roddy

Roddy, that's exceptionally generous of you. I've spoken to the guy who's doing the photographic side of the exhibition and he now wants to photograph the covers to get a better quality for the pics. This isn't going to happen until after Christmas - so what I'm going to suggest is that people send the album sleeves by Special Delivery and that they are photo'd and returned in the same packaging by Special Delivery. I'll also request that all delivery costs are paid by company cheque within 14 days. I will be there during the photo shoot so you can be assured that I will handled the covers with love and affection. Once I've got the above cast in stone then I'll get back on this thread and see which covers we've got between us. I've got the Sue stock bags....so keep letting me know who's got what and we'll get there in the end biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I've got the Barefootin LP, but getting you a san could be a bit tricky...

I've also got the Mockinbird LP but I think it might be a bit rough - I'll have to check.

Thoughts?

PD, fantastic - see my previous post about sending sleeves by Spec Del. If you'd be happy with that, we'll talk.... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

p.s. you mean Planetone of course laugh.gif

Pete, There was a Robert Parker "Barefooting" EP amongst that pile of stuff i got from you a while ago...was that an Island/UK Sue label?

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Pete, There was a Robert Parker "Barefooting" EP amongst that pile of stuff i got from you a while ago...was that an Island/UK Sue label?

Island....strange as it was a soul outing so should've been on Sue...but there's a few oddball things like that on the Sue/ Island listing :)

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

That was an early 80's reissue I think, they did 4 or 5 of them.

Ahh - the Trevor Wyatt Sue 'imprint' EPs issued through Island. There was Hank Jacobs, Soul Sisters, Jimmy McGriff....I'll dig around and find the info. They were a really good series and as a result this happened....at the time you had to 'nominate' someone as a member for the 6Ts Rhythm & Soul society and I nominated Trevor. Somehow his membership card (with my handwriting on it) ended up on the front of the Kent LP, Right Back Where We Started From - the green and red stripy one....so because of those Sue EPs etc etc :ohmy: In the words of Walt Disney 'It's a Small World'

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert