45s & Lps On Ebay: Johnny Watson 'i Say I Love You', Little Beaver, Nate Calhoun

Sebastian

Hello!

I've listed a bunch of 45s & LPs on eBay.

There are label/sleeve scans and soundclips to all records.

Check them out at:

https://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pushkings

___SOUL / FUNK / NEW BREED R&B 45s___________________________

JOHNNY GUITAR WATSON on King ("I Say I Love You")

FREDDIE NORTH on A-Bet ("I've Got To Hold Back")

RICHARD COOK on Tragar ("Somebody Got'a Help Me")

LITTLE BEAVER on Cat ("Listen To My Heartbeat")

NATE CALHOUN on Glades ("Funktown")

SAMPSON & DELILAH on Polydor ("You Bring The Tears")

MAJIK on Hi ("Back Into Your Heart")

KINGS GO FORTH on Mr C's ("One Day" b/w "You're The One")

BOBBY WILLIAMS on SAC

MAC DAVIS on Columbia ("I'm Just In Love")

BLISS on City View ("Groovin On A Love Song")

SONNY KNIGHT on GoGo ("Teenage Party")

BOBBY JONES on Top Hit

STOVALL SISTERS on Reprise ("Hang On In There")

BRENDA CUFFARI on Charisma

FINAL EDITION on VAP ("I Can Do It Any Way You Want It")

ANN SEXTON on Seventy-Seven ("You're Losing Me")

ARMENTA & MAJIK on Young Brazil

BLUES BUSTERS on EMI Holland ("I Won't Let You Go")

BOBBY & CINDY on Shaker

BOBBY STEVENS on Rustic

BOB GREEN on Super!

BUDDY CONNER / WORLD'S FUNKIEST BAND on California Gold

CHARMETTS on Philomega

CREATIONS on Virtue

DAVE EYRE on Power Pack

E. JACKIE HINES on Cosmic

FANTASIE on Xavier King Roy III

GARY BROWN on Brownie

GREGORY MaGEE on Virginia

IRMA THOMAS on Bandy ("Whenever")

JIMMY HUGHES on Fame

JIMMY McKEE on Champion

JOHNNIE TAYLOR on Stax ("Friday Night")

KATHLEEN EMERY on Jazzman 001 ("Motherless Child")

KENNY LYNCH - Hey Girl +3 - HMV UK EP

LEON HAYWOOD on 20th Century

LITTLE HELEN on Soultown

LYN ROMAN on Dot

MARION BLACK on Rome

MILKY WAY on Radio

NIALATIONS on BRC

OLIVER JOHNSON on Soultrack

PAT & LOLLY VEGAS on Apogee

PIECE OF THE ACTION on RSP

PROS on Byrdland

RENAISSANCE on Dore

SPECIALITIES UNLTD on Sack

SPLASH on Blue Soul

STARBORN on New Bag

SYLVESTER on Fantasy UK ("Down Down Down")

TAMIKO JONES & HERBIE MANN on Atlantic

TED TAYLOR on Top Rank

VIKKI STYLES on Leno

___SOUL / FUNK / REGGAE LPs__________________________________

TOBY KANG - Toby King - CHELSEA ("We're In Love With Each Other")

IKE TURNER - A Black Man's Soul - POMPEII

GEORGE BENSON - Erotic Moods - PAUL WINLEY

HERMAN KELLY - Percussion Explosion - ALSTON (3 superb LP-ONLY tracks!)

KEN BOOTHE - Let's Get It On - TROJAN ("Is It Because I'm Black")

MADELINE BELL - This Is One Girl - PYE ("That's What Friends Are For")

MAIN INGREDIENT - Ready For Love - RCA

MYSTIC MOODS - Erogenous - MARILLA (nude sleeve!)

POLITICIANS & McKINLEY JACKSON - s/t - HOT WAX

TEQUILA - The New One - METRONOME

Thanks for looking! :lol:

Take care.

/Sebastian

currentsoul45.jpg

currentsoullp.jpg

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sebastien - Your in the wrong section- Should this not be in the ebay section?

Thanks for pointing it out, I've posted in the wrong section and didn't notice it until now! :unsure: Big apologies, I usually always post in the auction section. Any of you moderators: move this thread to the correct section if you feel like it.

Mind you fancy a couple of these and cant get access to ebay at work. Did you not post them in this section with prices or offers before you listed them on ebay?

Sorry, I don't sell records set sale or for "offers" on forums at all anymore.

Why not set up a sniper tool to place a bid for you? That way you will not need to have access to eBay when the auctions end.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Thanks for pointing it out, I've posted in the wrong section and didn't notice it until now! :unsure: Big apologies, I usually always post in the auction section. Any of you moderators: move this thread to the correct section if you feel like it.

Sorry, I don't sell records set sale or for "offers" on forums at all anymore.

Why not set up a sniper tool to place a bid for you? That way you will not need to have access to eBay when the auctions end.

Will do Sebastian

Regards Steve

Social source share

Only about 1-2 hours left on these auctions now.

Thanks for looking! :-)

Johnny Watson - I Say I Love You

$378.10 = £254.20 what a price I thourght there was supposed to be a credit crunch haha, I missed this for £70 about a month ago dam it.

Social source share

$378.10 = £254.20 what a price I thourght there was supposed to be a credit crunch haha, I missed this for £70 about a month ago dam it.

I can't believe that someone is willing to pay that sort of money for the Johnny Watson record!!!

Up until the 2nd Hideaway/Kent CD (federal & king label stuff) came out a few years ago with it on you could regularly by this record for £10 tops. Nice record, but not rare at all. I've had several copies over the years, paid no more than £10 for any of them - shouldn't be more than £30 in today's climate. I would be really interested to know if the person actually pays up for it.

EBay gone mad...................yet again!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest octopus

whaaaaat?? ahahaha crazy! ebay and ebay users never stop to amaze me!!! laugh.gif:rolleyes:

Social source share

I can't believe that someone is willing to pay that sort of money for the Johnny Watson record!!!

Up until the 2nd Hideaway/Kent CD (federal & king label stuff) came out a few years ago with it on you could regularly by this record for £10 tops. Nice record, but not rare at all. I've had several copies over the years, paid no more than £10 for any of them – shouldn't be more than £30 in today's climate. I would be really interested to know if the person actually pays up for it.

Obviously I was the person selling this record so might be a bit biased... but you've got to be kidding? Why should that Johnny Watson record sell for £30? Over 60 people had it on their "eBay watch". There's big demand for it and it doesn't turn up for sale often. Those two factors combined usually result in high record prices. And having been included on a very popular recent Kent compilation CD helps as well. It is a rare record despite the fact that you haven't payed more than £10 for any of your copies. The actual rarity of a record usually doesn't become apparent and it doesn't start to fetch big bucks until they've become popular and more people know about them. Judging from the e-mail I recieved just about an hour ago from the buyer, it would be a big surprise if he doesn't pay for it (or the other record he bought!). Ofcourse he will. Almost everyone pays for the stuff they win in eBay auctions. The non-payer ratio is about 5 to 1000 in my experience.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Obviously I was the person selling this record so might be a bit biased... but you've got to be kidding? Why should that Johnny Watson record sell for £30? Over 60 people had it on their "eBay watch". There's big demand for it and it doesn't turn up for sale often. Those two factors combined usually result in high record prices. And having been included on a very popular recent Kent compilation CD helps as well. It is a rare record despite the fact that you haven't payed more than £10 for any of your copies. The actual rarity of a record usually doesn't become apparent and it doesn't start to fetch big bucks until they've become popular and more people know about them. Judging from the e-mail I recieved just about an hour ago from the buyer, it would be a big surprise if he doesn't pay for it (or the other record he bought!). Ofcourse he will. Almost everyone pays for the stuff they win in eBay auctions. The non-payer ratio is about 5 to 1000 in my experience.

Hi Sebastian, not having a go at you at all.......good luck to you. I've had similar experiences as a seller on Ebay (it was a few years ago now), thought the record was only worth about £25 tops but it actually sold for £75. It was a Little Johnny Taylor 45, which in my opinion isn't rare, but there must have been some demand for it.

These comments are only based on my opinion and experiences. I don't believe this record is rare, as I've seen numerous copies over the year's.......you could regularly buy it Beatin Rhythm for a fiver about 5-6 years ago! The reason the price has got so high is the demand that you state in your reply, as you say, probably due to its inclusion on the Kent CD. So in my opinion its the demand that has dictated its price, not its 'rarity'.

Cheers

Mark

Social source share

The reason the price has got so high is the demand that you state in your reply, as you say, probably due to its inclusion on the Kent CD. So in my opinion its the demand that has dictated its price, not its 'rarity'.

You have a point there, and I agree with you to some extent (I still consider it to be one of the rarest Johnny Guitar Watson 45s though), but those "cheap" copies from 5+ years ago that you speak about have now been snapped up and they are not leaving collections by the look of it. There haven't been many copies offered for sale of this 45 during the past two years. How rare a record actually is seldom plays a big part as far as the price goes when a record comes up for grabs that otherwise seldom comes up for sale.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!