THE POWER OF ADVERTISING

Gene-R

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

unfortunately SOME PEOPLE will know what the next few release will be, some dealers in particular,

did I not read somewhere the reason ( marketing) behind the campaign came from somebody in the know/on the scene ? wasnt KR was it ? not sure but defo heard somebody was involved in deciding the music policy for the adds

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Most of us know who it is. Dont want to sound offish, but if you want to criticise, at least put your name up.

The guy who is advising, is a well respected person on the scene, and if, like me, you dont particularly like all this nonsense, then say so. But not anonymously.

I am a traditionalist, and like the underground aspect of Northern Soul.

Social source share

Guest Kolla

Don't want to sound off-ish but i don't think anyone was criticising anyone in the above posts, Mikey.

If people are cashing in then good luck to them. The folks that are paying these inflated prices for not soulies who've been on the scene for sometime (or is that presumptious).

I mean, if i'd liked Laura Green when I first heard it, i'd have bought it back in the days of yore for thrupence. KFC is not going to suddenly sway you or me into buying a record that we've known about for years... surely!

On an up note - thanks to KFC one of the guys at work actually bought the "Turning My Heart Beat Up" comp CD - and it makes a mighty fine change from the daily grind of having to listen to new RnB (or as Al and I call it, Rifle n Bullets).

Social source share

Guest Kolla

PS: Actually I don't know who it is, but along the same lines as Gene - could those who do know who it is put in a word for "Al Wilson's - The Snake" ... I've got loads of copies of that!

Laughing my head off... and JOKING, of course.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Sorry kolla, I did take it that it was a veiled insult in anonymoty.

Like I said I dont particularly like the songs being used to advertise murdered animals in breadcrumbs, but who am I to criticise.

I have no Beef (DOH !! ) with record dealers 'cashing in' (that should be one they use surely!!), its a free market. I just dislike songs I grew up liking enough to get me traveling for hours on end to hear, being, in my opinion belittled.

But I am not going to log into another computer, and come on here sounding off. KR was criticised in that post, whether intentionally or not. I am no fan of him either, but like I said, put your name up, otherwise it all counts for nothing.

I will send you a PM with the name of the person involved. Who is like I said, very well respected.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Didnt mean to make more of it than there is. Sorry for any offence. Little Mikey punching above his weight again.

Social source share

Can't remmeber his name but the guy responsible for the ads is a soulie (I think) from Carlisle. He is a mate of a soulie on another forum (also in advertising), he did tell us his name etc but forgot ;-)

What input Kev R had I don't know, will have another read of the article.

Social source share

if it get´s people into liking northern soul that otherwise wouldn´t have heard of it or not tried, then please, more of this. as long as it´s records like this one, why not?

Social source share

You're sort of right, Chalky. The guy who does these ads is a mate of mine. He isn't a soulie.

I just want to state that I had nothing to do with the choice of music as I haven't seen him in three years.

Just had to verify that.

Sean

Social source share

You're sort of right, Chalky. The guy who does these ads is a mate of mine. He isn't a soulie.

I just want to state that I had nothing to do with the choice of music as I haven't seen him in three years.

Just had to verify that.

Sean

I can remember you telling us all Sean but couldn't remember his name...memory not what it used to be ;-)

Social source share

When i'm not writing and recording great northern soul records, I find nothing more satisfying than a bargain bucket with a vienetta for me afters.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!