Guest mickdale

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Capitol is a strange in the distance mix of the backing track with upfront vocals on both sides while the Sidra issue or demo is a great mix. Just sold my silver styrene copy of Darrell Banks Our Love Is In The Pocket but still have the LP but I keep thinking the sound of it being on styrene adds to the record, makes it more exciting.

Quiet a few minty demo's turned up a few years ago on the Bay.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

The Capitol is a strange in the distance mix of the backing track with upfront vocals on both sides while the Sidra issue or demo is a great mix. Just sold my silver styrene copy of Darrell Banks Our Love Is In The Pocket but still have the LP but I keep thinking the sound of it being on styrene adds to the record, makes it more exciting.

Quiet a few minty demo's turned up a few years ago on the Bay.

I think the Capitol 'national' mix is different to the regional 'Sidra' mix. Listen carefully - it's not as 'full' and there are key elements missing....bits of vibe here and there and some sax tootlings and Barbara's vocal doesn't sound as 'defined'. The Sidra version is much 'meatier' and it was a joy to hear Barbara perform 'Call on Me' at Northants....one of those 'special' moments :D

Social source share

I think the Capitol 'national' mix is different to the regional 'Sidra' mix. Listen carefully - it's not as 'full' and there are key elements missing....bits of vibe here and there and some sax tootlings and Barbara's vocal doesn't sound as 'defined'. The Sidra version is much 'meatier' and it was a joy to hear Barbara perform 'Call on Me' at Northants....one of those 'special' moments wub.gif

Jo I always thought the Capitol copy was slightly harder to find. Seen lots more Sidra copies in my time than Capitol ones. So Real is absolute bliss of a tune.

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!