Friday 2nd January 2009 8 - 1am

Russoul1

with the new year just around the corner;

Our Next Themed Night will be a "Lookback Of 2008" or "New Years Bash"

looking back over our first three hugely successful themed nights.

"Girls Girls Girls" "Upfront Uptempo Uptown" "Big City Midtempo & Shufflers"

"The City" Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambs PE1

Friday 2nd January 2009 8 - 1am

£3 otd

our guests for the first event of 2009; Michelle(catfish) & "Young" Brett Smith

with res djs; Russ Holley & Ray(top button)Mahoney

playing across the board selection of 60s/70s and upwards soul music but QUALITY as always being our main aim and criteria

of the night.

i hope you can join us for a warm and friendly welcome at this superb city venue :)

see events calender for more details

looking forward to a soulful 2009

Russ

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Intro

Yes folks we are back on 2nd January for the next monthly instalment. :D As 2008 comes to a close and its the 'party season' we are taking a look back over the last couple of 'theme' soul nights at 'The City' to play once again some of those great tracks that have been played by the DJ's so far.

The Guests

From our very first night "Girls, Girls, Girls" (ie. for those that couldn't be there - we had a whole night of Soul from female vocals and girl groups only) by popular demand we see the return of Michele ('Catfish' here on Soul-source). Had loads of great comments back for the set Michele played that night. No sexist comments or innuendos guys - even if she does have a strange (but interesting!) way of holding the microphone. :unsure:

Our second guest is Bret Smith ('Young bret' up here on Soul-source). First time playing some tunes for us at 'The City' so very much looking forward to that. The likes of Bret, MattB, Liam, Mr JP and co. plus the girlfriends!! :P are regulars (and can I say? youngsters :) ) at 'The City' and the future of the local and national Soul scene so we are well chuffed that they are happy to be with us old gits at 'The City'!! Anyway we like it when these guys turn up as the average age in the room goes down from about 48 to 32½. :D

The sign off

Lets kick off 2009 with a great night on Fri 2nd January at 'The City'.

Dont forget its OVO and only £3 otd.

Cheers, Ray

Ps/ thread 'hi-jackers' and general michief making medlers please leave our threads alone. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Raym
Guest Catfish

The Intro

Yes folks we are back on 2nd January for the next monthly instalment. :D As 2008 comes to a close and its the 'party season' we are taking a look back over the last couple of 'theme' soul nights at 'The City' to play once again some of those great tracks that have been played by the DJ's so far.

The Guests

From our very first night "Girls, Girls, Girls" (ie. for those that couldn't be there - we had a whole night of Soul from female vocals and girl groups only) by popular demand we see the return of Michele ('Catfish' here on Soul-source). Had loads of great comments back for the set Michele played that night. No sexist comments or innuendos guys - even if she does have a strange (but interesting!) way of holding the microphone. :lol:

Our second guest is Bret Smith ('Young bret' up here on Soul-source). First time playing some tunes for us at 'The City' so very much looking forward to that. The likes of Bret, MattB, Liam, Mr JP and co. plus the girlfriends!! :( are regulars (and can I say? youngsters :D ) at 'The City' and the future of the local and national Soul scene so we are well chuffed that they are happy to be with us old gits at 'The City'!! Anyway we like it when these guys turn up as the average age in the room goes down from about 48 to 32½. :g:

The sign off

Lets kick off 2009 with a great night on Fri 2nd January at 'The City'.

Dont forget its OVO and only £3 otd.

Cheers, Ray

Ps/ thread 'hi-jackers' and general michief making medlers please leave our threads alone. :lol:

Strange way of holding the microphone? What do you mean Ray?

All innuendo, incidentally, will be graded. I work in a waste operations department so my standards are pretty high. :yes:

Hope to make this one haven't been able to do last couple

Looking forward to this one ... even more so because tonight is screwed for me as got manflu. Friday gonna be even better now you'e coming Bridget!! Wanna pop round and mop me brow!!? ..Brett and Catfish are gonna do the business as guests.

Tigger xx

PS Only a few weeks late I know but if anyone is interested here's a few of what I played in November at the midtempo night (no order)

Claude Baby Huey - Driftin'

Claude again !! - Why would you blow it

Kelly and the Soul Explosions - Talkin bout my babys love

Gerri Shivers - Lets try it again

Skip Jackson - I'm on to you girl

Rhonda Davis - Can u remember

Johnny Mccall - I need you

Gracie Darnell - The bad guys

Brains gone ... can't remember anymore

laugh.gif Ah Bless you mop your brow any time sweetie

Hi Bridget,

ME TOO, ME TOO I havent been feeling too good either!!! - mop my brow also? :ohmy:

plus I've got to sleep with Russ down in the smoke on Saturday night as we are at Warren's Boogaloo. ohmy.gif

Edited by Raym

Yeah, lipstick all over it last time :ohmy:

That's right RAY,plunge the thread to new depths :lol: .

Have a great nite chaps and chapessess,would like to see Catfish behind the decks wicked.gif .

If Tigger would like to get rid of CHuey - Why would you blow it?...i know the place wink.gif . (could have linked this with previous innuendo's - but value my life :D ).

HAPPY NEW YEAR. thumbup.gif

Edited by KevH

hey guys, this is a events thread not a ruddy smutty inuendo thread laugh.gif

ray you said there was two beds in the room ph34r.gif next thing you will be wanting to share the soap in the shower with me!!!

and another thing you can keep that top button well n truely done up :ohmy: abit like ya trousers

see you all friday

happy new year

russ

That's right RAY,plunge the thread to new depths :ohmy: .

Have a great nite chaps and chapessess,would like to see Catfish behind the decks wicked.gif .

If Tigger would like to get rid of CHuey - Why would you blow it?...i know the place wink.gif . (could have linked this with previous innuendo's - be value my life :lol: ).

HAPPY NEW YEAR. thumbup.gif

hey kev dont get this smutty behaviour on the attic thread your proper soulies :D

have a gud one see ya in febuary

russ

Guest Catfish

Yeah, lipstick all over it last time :thumbsup:

Euggghh... that would have been yours then Ray; you always put too much on. Need to learn to blot, darling.

Somewhere in the middle actually!!! :thumbsup: See you Friday and all will be revealed. Ray

Hi Ray

Good to meet & chat at Spalding ITS, got family commitments this Friday but will get over in the future, all the best and Happy New Year.

Barry

hi russ & ray

expect the same turn out from my neck of the woods .

are we upstairs or downstairs ?

gibber

hiya andy, be good to see ya and the crew on friday, tell sully i will bring the dvd he lent me on fri

looks like its gonna be a top night, with michelle and young brett djn expect something different at "the city"

russ

ok tonights the night

for parking; drive past "the city" (one way) for about 200 yrds, come to a small junction, drive across then take the next left

turning, carpark at the bottom £1.20 all night. 2 min walk back to the club.

looking forward to seeing faces old and new for a soulful start to 2009

russ

Guest Catfish

First time for me here, looking forward to it. Am coming along with mum and scooby sue :D

see ya there folks xxx

Hiya,

Come and say hello!

Any requests?

M

x

PS I just had a quick look on events and we appear to be the only event tonight anywhere in the East Anglia or East Midlands area.

Edited by Catfish

Guest EType69

Long time since I've had a night out in P'boro.... what's the parking situation these days?

Steve

Oops!!!! Just seen the other post with parking info. :D See you later. :g:

Source Advert