Denbo

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tarheel Slim & Annie - Good Night Irene / Two Time Loser

I have this 'Test Pressing' for the customer 'Atco'.

Is it real or a fabrication?

Further comments welcome.

Looks good at a glance, but it's really hard to definitely say without having the item in your hand. You need to assess if it seems like it actually is from that era, pen coloring etc, how the label is attached to the record, did you get it from a reputable source etc etc. If it looks too good to be true it may well be, but also I don't know why someone would bother booting those songs anyway, so it could very well be real.

Social source share

Looks good at a glance, but it's really hard to definitely say without having the item in your hand. You need to assess if it seems like it actually is from that era, pen coloring etc, how the label is attached to the record, did you get it from a reputable source etc etc. If it looks too good to be true it may well be, but also I don't know why someone would bother booting those songs anyway, so it could very well be real.

"I don't know why someone would bother booting those songs anyway, so it could very well be real."

That's a good point. Never thought of that. So, good chance it's genuine then. :o)

"Two Time Loser" is brilliant.

Anybody got a scan of this on the Atco release?

Was it ever actually released on Atco?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tarheel Slim & Annie - Good Night Irene / Two Time Loser

I have this 'Test Pressing' for the customer 'Atco'.

Is it real or a fabrication?

Further comments welcome.

Hi Dennis,

I've got quite a few of these Atlantic/Atco TP's, in fact I took delivery of my latest one, a one-sided TP of the Drifters "One Way Love", only the other day. The handwriting on the label of that is exactly the same as on your Tarheel Slim, so it would seem to have been added at the time of the TP's manufacuture rather than by some dealer or collector, years later...

Best,

TONY

Social source share

Hi Dennis,

I've got quite a few of these Atlantic/Atco TP's, in fact I took delivery of my latest one, a one-sided TP of the Drifters "One Way Love", only the other day. The handwriting on the label of that is exactly the same as on your Tarheel Slim, so it would seem to have been added at the time of the TP's manufacuture rather than by some dealer or collector, years later...

Best,

TONY

Cool.

Cheers Tony.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!