• 4 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Would imagine this one would come with a very hefty pricetag these days: I've noticed the Lost In The Crowd side creeping onto the playlists of the more discerning deejays again and hasn't been a particularly easy record to locate for the last fifteen years or so.

I don't mind paying what it's worth, and I do have a range in mind. But it's difficult to know if my range is accurate when nobody is offering one up (at least not to me). Last time I had a true shot at one would have been about 5 years ago, but my record budget was a bit different back then as well.

Social source share

Guest spreaderone

top tune not really hit the heights as yet .heard Butch & Mick H spin it last year.never seen a copy for sale in the last year,pretty rare tune,

pete. spread

Social source share

top tune not really hit the heights as yet .heard Butch & Mick H spin it last year.never seen a copy for sale in the last year,pretty rare tune,

pete. spread

My bro Dave has been playing this on and off for a couple of years now, I didn't realise it was as rare as it appears to be. Both sides are very nice tho'.

Jordi

Social source share

what is the other record you are talking about? not billy byrd on communication (chicago label), is it?

Yep i think thats the one Bob, Sam played it at the Orwell just after christmas. I know it from a radio show and it was the first time i've heard it played out. Is it titled something like "I cant make it without you"

Social source share

There was a copy of the Communication 45 on ebay towards the end of last year from a Chicago seller. A good record as far as I recall.

dyson won the last one that was on ebay, it was beat up and went for $150. This is not a common record but I've had or seen it maybe half a dozen times (3-4 times in real life, a few times on ebay). it used to be nothing (i still don't get it, it just sounds like random funky soul to me), even on ebay it went cheap until people started looking for it in the last couple of years. it's always beat up. it is

Communication 7303-32 - I can't make it without you / can you feel it

the address is the same as on the hot coke 45.

Social source share

dyson won the last one that was on ebay, it was beat up and went for $150. This is not a common record but I've had or seen it maybe half a dozen times (3-4 times in real life, a few times on ebay). it used to be nothing (i still don't get it, it just sounds like random funky soul to me), even on ebay it went cheap until people started looking for it in the last couple of years. it's always beat up. it is

I would imagine Simon got Andy Dyson's copy.....Sam is raving about it. Can't say I'd remember seeing it before, but the grey cells aren't what they once were.....

Social source share

Just to clarify, I'm fairly certain that this is not the same Billy Byrd as the Scream label 45. This Billy Byrd was from Atlanta.

I didn't think it was related either, I was responding asking what the "other" record referred to here is. I haven't heard the scream 45 to be able to compare the voices though. Thanks for clarifying.

Social source share

Makes me relieved i bought 45's like the scream and communication releases as general soul many moons ago,the hot coke is a better 2 sider for me !

the spare communication 45 went to europe,a nice 45 -whether it's good enough to play out is another story ! bob because our scene and styles are complex that is probably why you don't get it on certain tunes and one of the few angles we can still get ahead buying from the states,unless you're on the shop floor at niters even if you live in the uk you'll never fully get it ...

Social source share

Yep i think thats the one Bob, Sam played it at the Orwell just after christmas. I know it from a radio show and it was the first time i've heard it played out. Is it titled something like "I cant make it without you"

He did indeed play it at the 'last' Orwell Alan :thumbsup:

btw It was me who bought the shagged Scream 45 (that someone above mentioned?) from Sam a while ago! The 'Silly' side is well marked but plays great with the odd pop or three BUT the other funkier side is completely and utterly fooked! Looks like someone used this side as a base to saw a load of wood on, as there are deep cuts all over it! Thankfully 'Silly kind of love' is playable, so I'm happy to have this until a better copy comes along :wave:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Makes me relieved i bought 45's like the scream and communication releases as general soul many moons ago,the hot coke is a better 2 sider for me !

the spare communication 45 went to europe,a nice 45 -whether it's good enough to play out is another story ! bob because our scene and styles are complex that is probably why you don't get it on certain tunes and one of the few angles we can still get ahead buying from the states,unless you're on the shop floor at niters even if you live in the uk you'll never fully get it ...

I agree I don't "get it" on this record, I played it again after the thread and I was like "I don't get it".

hey Andy, you know there's another 45 on communication by Dixon, do you have it and what do you think of it?

Social source share

I agree I don't "get it" on this record, I played it again after the thread and I was like "I don't get it".

hey Andy, you know there's another 45 on communication by Dixon, do you have it and what do you think of it?

Bob , you know that artist rings a bell i don't have that dixon one on communication but feel i got something else by dixon early 70's,although the c/tion 1 i'm sure it's on a oriental want list from years ago.. would certainly be interested in hearing it though if possible -u know styles i like ! thanks for info .

Social source share

Source Advert