No Way Out & Pow Wow Club's.....new Years Eve Party.....60s Rnb.. Soul.. Mod Jazz

Just a quick note to say a big THANKS to all involved last night. I had great time! Music quality was superb all night (a few sounds that stick in my mind from different d.j's being Sity and James (you didnt tell me) Puddenetane (Lula Reed) Stop,breaking my heart (Dream Merchants) and Soul Sound (The Jokers) all of which particularly floated my boat, but to be honest if my feet/legs/hot flushes had allowed me to, I would have danced all night! :(

Brilliant atmosphere and venue and loads of lovely peeps! I must say hello to Tammy and Lee especially....(bizarre to meet people from the town you live in,for the first time, when you're at least a 120 miles from home! :( ),Lyd and Steve, Verushka,Jane, Clanger (& Becky?) and Mary-Lou....you go girl!

I'm not long back, but the trip was well worth the effort and I had one of the best New Year's Eve's I've had for a long time (and I think (the legendary :thumbsup: ) Beeks did too..! :( )

Thanks for making us feel very welcome, and see you all out and about soon!

Gail x

Edited by Delasoul
  • Replies 9
  • Views 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What can I say...what a fantastic night...the best of R&B to be had and the best company too...great little venue...dark and dingy just the way I like it :(

Nice to meet Lee and Tammy...funny finding out they lived in the same town in Northamptonshire as Gail in a pub in Manchester :( Great to finally meet Verushka...luggage in hand!!...nice to see Clanger again...though he was still here from Middleton hahaha...Jane (with tooth) for some funny dancing action :lol: and the lovely Lyd and her legend of a man Mr Cato...always a pleasure never a chore young man :(

Music quality was absolutely top draw...stand out for me...a record from my box Jolly Jax - Preciate It, one of my all time faves Jimmy McCracklin - What's That and the fabulous record The Fads - My Poor Heart...there were loads more and it was a great set from Mik Parry especially pulling out The Jokers...and Mr Cato played some wonderful gritty soul numbers...but my hat goes off to Callum...you have some seriously good records my friend and your second set of the night blew me away...was great to meet you...real top guy :thumbsup:

All in all...like Gail said...one of the best New Years i've had in a very long time...and right here on my doorstep...thanks for everything and a very Happy New Year to all of you

Love

Beeks x

Edited by Beeks

Guest Decroco

'I was there'! and what a great night had by all. It was nice to see the old Borough lads again (nearly 20 years since I saw Pete Dally).

Must say that it was bloody cold in there, even though my request to open the doors to let some heat in was denied. This (I think) was their way of getting us off our buts and getting some dancing done to warm ourselves up - it worked though.

The after show party at Steve and Lyds was great and very long, ensued by a music-athon and beaten down by Jane doing her talk-athon - yes she beat us hands down! My poor ears, brain, will to live...

Thanks to everyone and anyone that made it a good night.

Wayne and Julie

Went off the plane from frankfurt at manchester airport, then to sheffield, got in the mini bus with the sheffield crowd and back to manchester-with all my luggage! why didnt i stay in manchester? dont ask...dunno.

well, the party was worth the effort! great to see all the usual lovely suspects and to meet gail and russ. music was ace, callum was bloody awesome! well done mate! back at kel's and mik's we stayed until early hours. needed to go home then though cause i was clinically dead. Pow Wow, roll on. :D

Edited by Miss Schmidt

Went off the plane from frankfurt at manchester airport, then to sheffield, got in the mini bus with the sheffield crowd and back to manchester-with all my luggage! why didnt i stay in manchester? dont ask...dunno.

well, the party was worth the effort! great to see all the usual lovely suspects and to meet gail and russ. music was ace, callum was bloody awesome! well done mate! back at kel's and mik's we stayed until early hours. needed to go home then though cause i was clinically dead. Pow Wow, roll on. :D

You too honey....the 'clinically dead' made me laugh out loud tongue.gif You need to teach me the German for that,I may need it in Bamberg in May! :g:

You too honey....the 'clinically dead' made me laugh out loud :g: You need to teach me the German for that,I may need it in Bamberg in May! :D

Klinisch tot! hehe.. might be in Bamberg too and at the Baltic Soul Weekender. Ann Sexton and melba Moore live!!!!! xxx

Whats that with the moustaches??? Typical German? PAH! Hmmm..ok...my dad and my uncle got moustaches. BUT I don't!!!! tongue.gif

Klinisch tot! hehe.. might be in Bamberg too and at the Baltic Soul Weekender. Ann Sexton and melba Moore live!!!!! xxx

Whats that with the moustaches??? Typical German? PAH! Hmmm..ok...my dad and my uncle got moustaches. BUT I don't!!!! :(

Doubt I can afford the Baltic week-ender as well V, I'm not a big fan of live acts anyway though in all honesty (only 1 out of the ones I've seen have been worth seeing at all!) Ignore the moustache comment, Mr Turn-ups is being a tad naughty! I must say that my moustache varies in quality/quantity though, usually depending on the time of the month! :thumbsup:

Just back-online...

Had a nice new year yet again and good to meet toooooo many people to mention...

Thanks to Wayne and Clanger for dropping a few tunes on my shift too, good freinds indeed..

Was really nice to play at No Way Out... Yes Mik and Callum were on the ball with regards to the tunes indeed..

See you all soon

Steve

I have just seen this and had a great time even though i was not really at my best :D:P Lovely seeing gail with my tooth in :D and thats my normal dancing beeks :D I am very talented.Dont worry wayne theres more where that come from and believe me thats on a quiet night :lol::lol:

Thanks to sue and steve and the catos for putting up with me and great to see all the usual suspects see you all soon. ph34r.gif:thumbsup: