A DAB OF SOUL

At The ROOM at the top

Nantwich Civic Hall

Market Street

Nantwich

Cw5 5dg

Guest DJ`s,Gary Holyman and Mick & Mo

Along with Resident DJ CHRIS ANDERTON & DAVE LUCAS

In the upstairs room at the Nantwich Civic Hall, home of the lengendary Nantwich Night Train, now in it`s 12th year. Playing the best in 70,s and crossover with a dab of 80`s 90`s and mid tempo.

SATURDAY JANUARY 17th 2009

£5.00 Entry to both rooms + free CD

07974722667 07968437078

chris.soul@btinternet.com dal07@btinternet.com

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A DAB OF SOUL

At The ROOM at the top

Nantwich Civic Hall

Market Street

Nantwich

Cw5 5dg

Guest DJ`s,Gary Holyman and Mick & Mo

Along with Resident DJ CHRIS ANDERTON & DAVE LUCAS

In the upstairs room at the Nantwich Civic Hall, home of the lengendary Nantwich Night Train, now in it`s 12th year. Playing the best in 70,s and crossover with a dab of 80`s 90`s and mid tempo.

SATURDAY JANUARY 17th 2009

£5.00 Entry to both rooms + free CD

07974722667 07968437078

chris.soul@btinternet.com dal07@btinternet.com

the first official night for this new venture and really looking forward to it, last months pre taster went down exceptionally well and for the first night we have three of the very best crossover DJ,S in the country for your musical entertainment.

firstly from the west midlands a man who is building a very big reputation we have GARY HOLYMAN and from the east coast skeggy,s finest MICK & MO who again over the last couple of years have earned a very respectable reputation that is second to non.

so if crossover/70,s is your genre of music then you are in for a musical treat, abley backing these guest will be resident,s chris anderton whoose been known to have a tune or two and dave lucas who will add his own style to the proceedings.

look forward to seeing some of there if you need any other info use the contact details above or pm either of us.

regards

dave lucas

Edited by trafficmaster

starting to build nicely for this one.

should be some nice sounds on offer, with chris and dave,who both have fantastic records.

and also with mr holyman,as anyone who knows him,or has heard him play out will tell ya he plays his set's with a passion, not only does he have an incredible ear for a choon (as a lot of big boy dj's,he passes things on to will vouch for)his play's are top doller.

me thinks it's looking good. thumbsup.gif

Hey Mick, Did you see that football match the other night...caught a glimpse of it myself, it was manchester united against another bunch of fellows, i cant remember who....i missed the ending mate, what was the final score!?

Chris

i saw you chris!!! did you have a twat hat on???? :D

enjoy the moment buddy, 2nd leg to come, and then we got the big one coming up!!! :lol::D

looking forward to coming across next week m8,sounds like it's gonna be a blast.

Just to clarify. The CD Chris refers to is not the same as the anniversary CD.

So for those that are smart [and early] they can get both CDs.

Not bad for a fiver. 5 hours, 2 rooms, 9 DJs, 1 live act and possibly 2 free CDs.

Firmly fixed in the diary of the Creative Soul massive..............looking forward to a night of top drawer tunes, though Trev's gonna get on our nerves asking what's being played all night :thumbsup:

be good to see you guy,s don,t worry about trev we,ll find a nice comfy corner for him and promise him a kebab if he,s a good boy and does,nt spoil your enjoyment :thumbup:

see you all saturday

regards

dave lucas

Hi Chris, Dave,

Sorry we're not going to make this one....... I know we're missing a great guest DJ line up in MIck and Mo and Gary Holyman along with your good selves of course. Hope you get the turnout these DJ's deserve. Saw the 'Lincolnshire Lovelies' at A Taste of Honey over Christmas and as usual they played a top notch set........Santa may even have brought the odd new tune.........

See you both again soon............hopefully plus one by then.....

Take Care

LLx

Linda,

I certainly hope it will be plus one by then!

Our future dates are as follows....

January 17th

March 21st

June 28th

August 22nd

October 17th

December 18th

We have a really good buzz about Saturday, you`re gonna miss a good thing!

Chris

It's actually June 20th - perhaps my writing isn't very clear!

Firmly fixed in the diary of the Creative Soul massive..............looking forward to a night of top drawer tunes, though Trev's gonna get on our nerves asking what's being played all night :lol:

be good to see the northampton massive across for this.

this event should fill the hole left by the sad demise of the 3 greyhound's, hopefully it'll be the start of something for the lovers of 70ts & crossover soul in the north west to build on.

so,so up for this now :lol:

Had a few calls and PMs about the musical policy in the Upstairs room...thought the best way to tell you what type of tunes we were playing was to post the CD playlist for everyone to see....

1.Milton Parker-Women like it harder

2.Mojoba-Say you will

3.Paul Thompson-Special kinda woman

4.The Minits-Still a part of me

5.Kings of soul-Is your love for me

6.Leonard Adair-I dig you

7.Mary Munday-You put a hurting on me

8.Jo Armstead-There`s not too many more

9.Vivian Copeland-Chaos

10.Jean Wells-What have i got to lose

11.Linda Jones and Whatnauts-I`m so glad i found you

12.Betty Lavette-You made a believer out of me

13.7 mph band-Playing your game

14.Sandra Wright-Midnight affair

15.Bonnie Blanchard-You`re the only one

16.Rozetta Johmson-How can you lose something you never had

17.Special delivery-This kind of love

18.Donny Burkes-You never know what you have

19.Earl White Jnr-A very special girl

20.George Benson-My woman is good to me

21.Al Hudson-When You`re gone

22.Windy City-Hey its over

23.Flowers-For real

24.Will Hatcher-You haven`t seen nothing yet

Dont forget, the first 50 people in the upstairs room get a a free Cd, tracklisting as above...

If this is your kind of soul....Nantwich is the only place to be on Saturday night!!

not long to go now to the re launch of the upstairs room at nantwich civic hall

with A DAB OF SOUL ,anybody still looking for a great night out you won,t be dissapointed

FREE CDand guest DJ,S of the caliber of GARY HOLYMAN and MICK & MO along side resident,s

CHRIS ANDERTON and DAVE LUCAS can only add up toa cracker of a night.

for any one needing details of were venue is directions etc contact either chris or my self at

contacts at start of this thread.

hope to see some of you later but were ever you go have a great time

regards

dave lucas

Looking like this is going to be a good one...much interest locally which is good, plus some travellers planning on making the journey too...

Cant wait now!

Chris

Chris and Dave

Really hope we can make this. Kev is still struggling to shake off the lergy that is doing the rounds. If he gets a surge of energy we will be there.

Hopefully see you tonight

Vicki

Chris and Dave

Really hope we can make this. Kev is still struggling to shake off the lergy that is doing the rounds. If he gets a surge of energy we will be there.

Hopefully see you tonight

Vicki

vicki

tell him to stop being a wuss a nice night out with a "DAB OF SOUL" will cure all

hope we see you both later or leave him at home to mope and you pop along you know

we will look after you

regards

dave lucas

not long to go now to the re launch of the upstairs room at nantwich civic hall

with A DAB OF SOUL ,anybody still looking for a great night out you won,t be dissapointed

FREE CDand guest DJ,S of the caliber of GARY HOLYMAN and MICK & MO along side resident,s

CHRIS ANDERTON and DAVE LUCAS can only add up toa cracker of a night.

for any one needing details of were venue is directions etc contact either chris or my self at

contacts at start of this thread.

hope to see some of you later but were ever you go have a great time

regards

dave lucas

Hi Guys,

Just waiting for a very wet but happy bunny (makes a change) coming back from the match......sorry we won't be there but I'm sure as Mick would say there'll be many a "Beast of a tune" played. Hope you get a good crowd in as this DJ line up deserves some good support.........hopefully a few local converts from the other room too!

Hope to see you somewhere soon

Linda n Kev x