E. Rodney Jones "peace Of Mind" - Backing Track?

Benji

• Replies 27
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know which backing track E. Rodney Jones used for "Peace of mind"? I know he used Bobby Treetop for "R&B time" but I don't think I've heard the "Peace of mine" backing on any other record...

TIA thumbsup.gif

Benji

Isn't it an early rap record - I thought it was the vocal to R&B time - I will have to go and check later

Social source share

Isn't it an early rap record - I thought it was the vocal to R&B time - I will have to go and check later

"R&B time pt.1" is vocal (instrumental is on flip), uses the backing of Bobby Treetop "Wait till I get to know you" and yes, it's some sort of early rap. But so is "peace of mind". I quite like but more for the fantastic backing than for his "rapping".

Social source share

"R&B time pt.1" is vocal (instrumental is on flip), uses the backing of Bobby Treetop "Wait till I get to know you" and yes, it's some sort of early rap. But so is "peace of mind". I quite like but more for the fantastic backing than for his "rapping".

Yeah I do remember it as being pretty good. Will have to find my copy now. Oh no a trip to the lock up in the freezing cold!!!!

Social source share

love this track even with the rapping sounds awesome played loud :(

it also reminds me if anyone as a spare copy to sell please pm me

regards

russ

Hi Russ,

I've got a minter in the sales box priced at £150 if that's any good to you :( .

Adam.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Love this record, It's on the Wants List when I get the funds. biggrin.gif

Hmm Mark Freeman told me what the backing was years ago, it is a vocal version of another instrumental track i seem to remember him saying. He'll be on in a bit and tell us i'm sure.

Social source share

....or as we say here the lights are on but there's no one home :P

you two have restored my faith in my ailing memory :lol:

Would you mind telling us what you're on about so that we other can join the little chit-chat between you, Phil and Marc? wink.gif

I don't think anyone said it doesn't bear any resemblance to R&B time?

Social source share

Maybe it wasn't a re-cycled track at all? :lol: Or have you definitely heard another version?

Well, I never said I knew another version. I just thought it was very unlikely to produce such a fantastic backing track and using it only once.

E. Rodney Jones was a legendary Radio DJ who was famous for his "rapping" style, hence the local success of R&B time. Peace of mind apparently flopped in comparison

Social source share

Would you mind telling us what you're on about so that we other can join the little chit-chat between you, Phil and Marc? :lol:

I don't think anyone said it doesn't bear any resemblance to R&B time?

Yes of course. Thought it was another vocal to R&B time - loosely based - and the other two have confirmed that, so my memory isn't failing. Cool.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!