Nantwich Night Train 12th Anniversary, Saturday 17th January

Guest Ray

Well that's it then. Another year gone by and were still at it. Chris and Dave will mention elsewhere what is happening in the upstairs room but my understanding is that they have an outstanding line up of DJs to play on this night.

Playing in the main hall will be our original DJ line up of Dave Evison, Keith Minshull and Gary Taylor.

Guest DJ is Paul "On The Scene" Metcalfe [yes him from the magazine that is so hard to get hold of].

For the first time we are also having a live performance at a regular soul night courtesy of Johnny Boy.

">
  • Replies 11
  • Views 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And there will be a free anniversary CD for first 300 or so in. This is for the ones [like me] who prefer "oldies". Just collected them today.

I believe Chris has done a sample CD for those who prefer something different [hope he's saved me one I'm starting to learn to like the upstairs selection].

Not bad, eh. 5 hours, 2 rooms, 9 DJs, 1 live act and possibly 2 free CDs.

It's still only £5 each on the door.

And there will be a free anniversary CD for first 300 or so in. This is for the ones [like me] who prefer "oldies". Just collected them today.

I believe Chris has done a sample CD for those who prefer something different [hope he's saved me one I'm starting to learn to like the upstairs selection].

Not bad, eh. 5 hours, 2 rooms, 9 DJs, 1 live act and possibly 2 free CDs.

It's still only £5 each on the door.

yeah I know what yer mean. last one in december I found myself unexplainably being drawn upstairs on 3 or 4 occasions to have a listen----and I'm a 60's oldies fan ohmy.gif

yeah I know what yer mean. last one in december I found myself unexplainably being drawn upstairs on 3 or 4 occasions to have a listen----and I'm a 60's oldies fan ohmy.gif

Pleased you enjoyed it Jez. Upstairs has been crying out for something to give the event another angle and hopefully Chris and Dave have arrived with the solution. December was done at short notice so there was not enough time to get the word out properly. I think Chris turned that around on BBC Stoke when he turned it into the Nantwich Soul Show!

Regardless, I remain and "oldies" fan but keep an open mind. Never hurts to learn.

Guys,

We all love oldies! Thats never up for question....Just that the upstairs room will be playing tunes to contrast with the main room. Of course everyone is welcome and the promise of a free Cd for anyone venturing upstairs will hopefully turn a few people on to some great 70s/crossover soul....after all, its all soul music...!!

I have posted out 30 CDs to the people who requested one from My radio Stoke spot and they seem to have gone down well so far.

There will be a few record dealers in the upstairs room too this month, Gary Holman always has a box, Cliff and Val from Northants will be there too and i`m even tempted to bring a couple of boxes myself.

See You there...

Chris

Guys,

We all love oldies! Thats never up for question....Just that the upstairs room will be playing tunes to contrast with the main room. Of course everyone is welcome and the promise of a free Cd for anyone venturing upstairs will hopefully turn a few people on to some great 70s/crossover soul....after all, its all soul music...!!

I have posted out 30 CDs to the people who requested one from My radio Stoke spot and they seem to have gone down well so far.

There will be a few record dealers in the upstairs room too this month, Gary Holman always has a box, Cliff and Val from Northants will be there too and i`m even tempted to bring a couple of boxes myself.

See You there...

Chris

We are going to have record bars upstairs and down so there is going to be something to satisfy most tastes.

Anbody out there any good with a camera that works well in dark rooms, we need to capture this night.

We are going to have record bars upstairs and down so there is going to be something to satisfy most tastes.

I`d say that was a given Ray...had a few calls from people who are interested in the oldies room but their better half is more into 70s/crossover, or the other way around.....at Nantwich.....everyone is happy!

Chris

Final post on this one for me.

I've lost a DJ.

Sounds careless when it's written down but Paul Metcalfe has just had a car accident [he' OK] so unless some kind person can give him a lift down from Fleetwood we've only got 8 DJs left.

Bearing in mind over the years we have had two police raids (once for allegedly holding a vicars daughter against her will) and two bomb scares in the vicinity. Plus all the usual road closures, misinformation and diabollical weather conditions we will press on regardless and deliver the best night out we can.

Thanks to everybody who has ever been to a Nantwich Night Train event without your fantastic support this event would never have got off the ground of kept on going for 12 years.

Guest Tim aka Bob

Keith "The Badge Man" will be with us for those in search of memorabilia.

Watch Out! Watch Out!....the 'Draycott Drifters' are about!! :thumbup:

C y'all later! :thumbsup:

Watch Out! Watch Out!....the 'Draycott Drifters' are about!! huh.gif

C y'all later! thumbsup.gif

Great. Look forward to it.

More good news. Ann from those amazingly talented people at Birchley St. Mary's has been in touch and will be doing the stills and video for tonight. You could be a youtube star!!