Music help please

There was a track in the seventies. Can't find the name in any search but the lyrics went - "Let nobody tell you what to do, you gotta be your own judge and jury too."

There was a brilliant bongo riff in it.

Undying gratitude if you can point me to an MP3.

Windy.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That 1 min 30 sec percussion just blew me away on first hear of 12 inch at the ritz in 77 never had heard ought like it, still imo never been bettered, the way it built up , and the reaction....

rest of record was ok, but that break was what it was all about...imo:)

Pete

email or pm us

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

T.Connection - "Do What you Wanna Do" TK records 1976

Best..Jordi

Wasn't this one of the very first commercially available 12" from memory that is????

John

Social source share

often asked but never really got a definte answer on this and related first 12 inchs

can always remember a local dj claiming temprees - i found love dancing on a disco floor -( remember that , wonder if it sounds as cheesy nowadays as the title - was the first one, but more than likely meant first one he saw)

found a 10 page article on history of 12 inch

its in french with english at bottom

quite interesting with bits like had no 7 inch blanks only 10 inch etc...

main info clip is

"Ten Percent" is the First commercial 12" ever released.Is South Shore Commission, the first promo ?

Historically,and technically it's still impossible to present you a conclusion of the first 12" out of press. but you must know that it is rumored (though unconfirmed) that Todd Rundgren released a promotional one-track 12" inch single in...1972. One more thing, Al has also in his hands a piece of the story; a 12" inch of a jazz artist (one-sided) released in 1973.On those two case, the 12" were loaned for Radio promotion only.

On commercial side, things are clearest; the ever first 12" commercially produced can be accorded to SALSOUL records. It's the 12" of DOUBLE EXPLOSURE's "ten percent" record.(#SALSOUL 12D-2008). But the earliest 12" numerical is Carol Williams "More" (12D-2006).

link to article is

https://www.black-music-collectors.com/funk..._maxi45t_p1.htm

uk ones

commerical:?

demo:?

memory says gentleman and their ladies - like her may be one of above

Social source share

MIKE first commercial u.k DADDY COOL BONEY M,but id say YOU +ME UNDISPUTED TRUTH came out on the same day.

promos hard one but the first i saw was the rare NINE TIMES -THE MOMENTS/DO WHAT YOU FEEL-THE RIMSHOTS

U.S im told the new book love saves the day a history of u.s disco states BOBBY MOORE-CALL ME YOUR ANYTHING MAN-SCEPTER TEST PRESSING though i havnt read it yet,you mention south shore comission i have train called freedom on a test press but i assume you mean free man thats the only one of these i havnt got and i need it!!!!

its funny how those u.k ritz monsters JAMES WELLS-BABY IM STILL THE SAME MAN and 24 HOURS A DAY-BARBRA PENNINGTON both full versions on u.k promos have been almost forgotten now,they are both really rare,and how BIG were these at the ritz!!

Social source share

Contempo released Ernie Bush -Breakaway on 12 inch and it was one of the first ever in the UK. I still have the Blues and Soul Mag in storage so I will dig it out and check the date, but it was mid 76 I recall (I bought the record in Alan Fearnley's in Middlesbrough, that record shop was a haven for new release USA soul in the 70's)

Social source share

Guest Kolla

On commercial side, things are clearest; the ever first 12" commercially produced can be accorded to SALSOUL records. It's the 12" of DOUBLE EXPLOSURE's "ten percent" record.(#SALSOUL 12D-2008).

Hey-hey - I didn't know that.

I've only got it on LP - brilliant album that I picked up in a boot sale years ago which also has stuff like First Choice's "Let No Man Put Asunder".

Salsoul was a great label though - i've got a few 12s including the really easy-to-dance-to-not Bebu Silvetti's "Spring Rain" :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!