soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

John,

It is extremely hard to get hold of. The last copy of this I saw was in the late '80s, and was up for offers over £100. I don't recall seeing another for sale since then; either it's one of the genuine rarities, or those who have them are holding on to them. Not bad for a Mercury release from 1980!

As far as I'm aware, it was never booted or re-issued.

Probably best giving John Manship a call, in case he knows of any in the pipeline. Good luck in your search.........

Gene

Social source share

Cheers lads...

I have done a search on JM site and it does not even reconise the group name - ie not in stock.

As you say, not bad for a Mercury release...was it a DEMO only ?

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

John

My copy is a demo, but I'm not sure whether it was only produced in this format. 'Woman' is actually the 'B' side; the 'Plug side' marked on the record being 'Leave Me or Love Me' which might help you widen your search. Mercury 73812 produced in 1976.

HTH - good luck with the hunt!

Brian

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Have had another search through the JM Price Guide and find that it is listed under 'Nicky' as opposed to 'Newarkers' - which is where I looked originally.

I've made my own day as good old Mr M says £400.

Any advance on £400?

Brian

Social source share

I picked one up about 6 years back for $140 and sold it on about 3 years ago for in the region of £225. Manship had one on hhis catalogue a while back for £250.

Genuinely rare!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Again....many thanks lads.

I will check JM site again, to be honest well worth the pennies and just does not seem to get the air play these days

Social source share

If you are going to put a bid on it, make sure it plays through OK. I brought back 3 copies from the US around 1988 and when I got home to make a furtune, I found that they all jumped big time in exactly the same spot, just before "woman" in the first corus. However, this does not explain it's rarety really as it's not the plug side.

anorak bit:

It was released in July 1976. Written and produced by Jesus Alvarez who's "sonner or later" on Ploydor is well worth picking up.

Social source share

I've had two copies and they both jumped too...I cured the problem by putting plasticine on top of my stylus to weight it down. Not recommended for your Walkter and Admerations by the way

Social source share

How do you mean, it was a different single? It was Nicky Newarkers - Woman...wasn't that the one you were after? Went for $316 in the end.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!