Stormin' Soul Allniter @ Citrus Rooms Barnsley, Fri 30th Jan

Guest Little Queenie

We are in for a right treat! Middleton last weekend and Barnsley this Friday!

Barnsley never fails to empress me with its uptempo stormin soul policy, a definite pull for the dance floor maniacs!

Brilliant venue, top tunes, mega friendly crowd, sensible prices, accommodating DJ's! There is a real skip in the step for South Yorkshire and if you are in two minds whether or not to try this Allnighter then I can genuinely guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Simon don't forget my request please

• Replies 99
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We are in for a right treat! Middleton last weekend and Barnsley this Friday!

Barnsley never fails to empress me with its uptempo stormin soul policy, a definite pull for the dance floor maniacs!

Brilliant venue, top tunes, mega friendly crowd, sensible prices, accommodating DJ's! There is a real skip in the step for South Yorkshire and if you are in two minds whether or not to try this Allnighter then I can genuinely guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Simon don't forget my request please

I have told you already Simon!!! I have NOT, REPEAT NOT, got Skiing in the snow so shut up about it sleep3.gif

Yeah don't worry mate I have not forgotten thumbsup.gif

Guest twoflatsup

Can't wait for friday night to get down and dirty to some top quality tunes, bring it on Barnsley :thumbsup:

Us Derbyshire types will be there, any Draycot Drifters going ?

Kev, if Webby doesn't want to go to the pub first we'll make him sit in the car with a bottle of panda pop and some crisps :thumbsup:

Guest gendojones

The stage will be a lot more sturdy for you boys don't worry! Especially after what happened to my record box last time :thumbsup:

I learned that jumping around too much may cause your records to fall all over the stage and all under the stage :thumbsup:

can you remember who picked them up??!!

see you Friday mate.

owain

Can't wait for friday night to get down and dirty to some top quality tunes, bring it on Barnsley :thumbup:

Us Derbyshire types will be there, any Draycot Drifters going ?

Kev, if Webby doesn't want to go to the pub first we'll make him sit in the car with a bottle of panda pop and some crisps :thumbup:

Ah Up Jon,

Webby and me got itchy feet and was at 21st Century,New Middleton on Saturday, and we had a Goooooood Time :no:

I can report Webby has got a ample supply of Coke Cola in the back of his car,I hurt my side trying to get one of the BLOODY bottles off the back seat :thumbup:

And Master Webby is thinking of joining S/Source,to get us back,keeping on about him :thumbup:

Cant wait for another great STORMIN'Nighter,I keep telling folk how good this place is :thumbsup:

See you at 9pm,Friday,Jon :thumbsup:

Kev :lol:

Guest gendojones

cheers kev,

Who asked you that??!! it would've tickled me all night!!

see you friday

owain

Owain,

Someone said to me at Middleton, did you teach him to kick that high like you used to do,I said of cause laugh.gif

Regards,Kev wicked.gif

Guest gendojones

These things do happen in the dangerous world of soul unfortunately. I did apologise later. And I did get struck by someone in the middle of a spin.

So justice was well and truly served.

:rolleyes:

It was that poor woman you kicked in the arm Owain :thumbsup::lol::yes:

Guest Little Queenie

Hi Simon and Amie

As discussed at Middleton I'm unable to make this due to work commitments!!! :lol:

All the best for Friday and hope the night goes well. Sure it will!!! :unsure:

Carol

Thank you Carol!

I know how much you love our niter... all the chats we've had about our similar (and may I add 'perfect' :( ) taste in music. Bet you are gutted that you're missing it! :lol:

Hope to see you soon :(:unsure:

Amie x

PS Hoss is on at our next one in May- so I'm sure you'll be there :ohmy:

Hi Guys! :P

I've just got a quick notice regarding our RnB Room...

We have decided to part company with Neil Gibson, therefore, he will no longer be running our RnB room or DJing.

I hope to take the room to bigger and better things, starting from now with an amazing DJ line up for 2009! :thumbsup:

The all new RnB Loft is the place to be to hear Dirty Rip Roarin' RnB.

See you all there and thanks again for your continued support. smile.gif

Hi Folks,

Help - the voices in my head are arguing!!.

My angelicc side is reminding me that I'm skint and I'll probably get lost and want to save up a bit and do things to my house...

My 'other' side is telling me to sod the house and tempting me to come out now that my plans for friday have changed and I'm not busy and I've been wanting to get over since summer...

:lol:

Jayne.x

Hi Folks,

My angelicc side is reminding me that I'm skint and I'll probably get lost and want to save up a bit and do things to my house...

My 'other' side is telling me to sod the house and tempting me to come out now that my plans for friday have changed and I'm not busy and I've been wanting to get over since summer...

:lol:

Jayne.x

My money's on the second voice, it keeps talking to me too... :thumbsup:

Hi Folks,

:)

Jayne.x

Come over to the Daaaark Side... It is your destiny.......

:huh:

Hi Folks,

:huh:

Jayne.x

come out to play Jayne ......and its been an age since i saw you last....and you know that second voice is write !! :)

steve T

Thank you Carol!

I know how much you love our niter... all the chats we've had about our similar (and may I add 'perfect' :thumbsup: ) taste in music. Bet you are gutted that you're missing it! :(

Hope to see you soon :thumbsup::huh:

Amie x

PS Hoss is on at our next one in May- so I'm sure you'll be there :D

Hi Amie

Of course, we are so bloody 'perfect' it's unbelieveable!!! Even our difference in age doesn't matter in the slightest.

WHEN YOU GOT GOOD TASTE, YOU GOT GOD DAMN GOOD TASTE, NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT!!! :)

Yep, you got it right, am rather pissed off!!! After making every one for the first year and then having this problem, it's a

pain in the butt to say the least!!! Even when I've tried to get the Saturday off it just hasn't worked out!!!

Will try my best for May!!!

Am I presuming right that there's not one in March due to Prestatyn????? Great shame!! Much too long to wait!!!

Anyways, as said before, wish you and Simon all the best and have a fantastic night.

If anyone out there hasn't been to the Citrus rooms before, get your ass there, you won't regret it. Amazing night!!!

Just God Damn Spit In Yer Face Great Dance Music!!!

:) ATB, Carol xx

Edited by jobbo

I stopped and looked in the mirror, did not like what i saw :lol: ... Keep them lights down tonight Simon...

Making the trip over with a nice little crowd...

See you all there, maybe not so bright but defo early... :D

Any more for any more....

Steve, that's because you have hit middle age now! :)

Don't worry, we are not judgemental types, just dancers... And I promise to keep it nice and dark

If you land in Barnsley early, most people grab drinks at the Courthouse pub just round the corner from about 9ish til doors open at 10.

See ya'll tonite shades.gif

HANG ON ER :D SO Tonyp and Steve(jabba the hutt)Thomas are gunna be at the citrus rooms :lol: this place is gunna look like that bar scene out of star wars with these two :lol::lol: BARNSLEY ALLNIGHTER I,M READY ph34r.gif ENZO

OI!!!!

That'd be Tonyp and Steve Andrew.

But I take your point :thumbsup:

I'll bring that CD if I think on.

ATB

Tony

See ya'll tonite :thumbsup:

Might try and make one in Simon.

I see you graced the Boutique last week mate, sorry i missed ya. Need to catch up with a good ale soon.

P.S - i've still got that tash picture on my phone!!

I'm coming over with Mr Paul Barker tonight, so get yer shoes polished and come on down to Barnsley! We'll have a pint, catch-up and a bloody good dance!!!

Edited by Simon McMaster

HANG ON ER :lol: SO Tonyp and Steve(jabba the hutt)Thomas are gunna be at the citrus rooms ohmy.gif this place is gunna look like that bar scene out of star wars with these two :D:lol: BARNSLEY ALLNIGHTER I,M READY :thumbsup: ENZO

NOW THEN NOW THEN !! YOU WAIT TILL THEY PUT THE PIE BUFFET OUT AND I,T`LL

BE LIKE A WILDWEST SALOON :lol:

BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE !!

Hi Folks,

:thumbsup:

Jayne.x

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO wink.gif

FLANNY

NOW THEN NOW THEN !! YOU WAIT TILL THEY PUT THE PIE BUFFET OUT AND I,T`LL

BE LIKE A WILDWEST SALOON :D

BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE !!

DID YOU SAY A PIE BUFFET :lol: RIGHT YOU LOT FORM A NICE ORDERLY Q BEHIND ME :thumbsup: OH AND MR.THOMAS NOTICE IV MADE NO COMMENT ABOUT :D SINCE THE POLICE LAST VISITED YOU :lol: MUM,S THE WORD wicked.gif IM EVEN MORE READY NOW. SEE YA THERE. ENZO :lol:

let me know if your short in the r&b room and i,ll do a spot there too??

FINGERS , UN GEOFF THE PIEMAN OF WIGAN TOWN ARE VERY QUIT ON THIS THread ??

steve t

This is the posting I compiled on Tuesday - but lost my internet connection and only just managed to get back online today !! Thought I'd post it up anyway..

Thought I'd leave some space & time for you to say a couple of words, Steve - as we ALL know that you like a good old conflab or two, or three.. four - five (..78, 79 - 91.. ).

And EVERYONE knows how much SPACE you take up when you're on one.. Arms 'flapping' all over the place - offers of free 'Beer' Shampoo's.. I jest (of course..)

Yep.. Not long NOW, boys and girls !! I'm actually in my record room (also the location of my PC) & just browsing thru some bits that I have still to take out for their first ever (potential) outing. Plus pieces that have (in my opinion, anyway..) 'Got It'.. But perhaps not being 'quite right' for the scene at the time I first come across 'em - instead opting to 'shelve' them. Taking them out every now & again - to see which of them might, NOW, suit current tastes etc. and form a potential 'Newie' spin, or maybe a 'Revival 45' for inclusion in my set(s).

And all in readiness for preparing a box of 'potential plays' for my keenly awaited debut behind the decks at this TOP event on the all-important 'Soul Venue' Calendar. So fantastically promoted, by (a lovely couple..) 'Young Uns', they are.. And a very important part of the future existence, I believe, of our much loved 'Rare Soul Music' scene !! Full Respects to the pair of you.. Bless !!

Yep.. 'Young Uns' - who know Exactly what they like, and (just as important..) EXACTLY what their customer base likes, too !! Who would ever WANT to be a promoter ?!? Not me, that's for CERTAIN. But these guys put (even) some of the 'long-established' promoter's to shame. Whatever it is Simon & Amee do in their promotion activities for this venue - it certainly works. Keep it up, Guys.. PLEASE.

I would never be able to understand if anyone had cause to complain at the excellent 'niters Simon & Amee promote at the Citrus Rooms, Barnsley. Certainly not where the music policy is concerned, 'cos you are gonna get JUST what it SAYS on the TIN !! Uh, huh.. If you 'DON'T' wanna dance - then 'DON'T' go to the Citrus Rooms.. 'cos, you - will - HATE it !! :D

On the other hand, if 'Dancing' IS what you're going out for.. Then this is DEFO 'THE PLACE TO BE' !! Oh, yes - INDEEDY !! :lol::thumbsup:

I'm very conscious about including the right 'mix' - where the lesser/unknown bits I champion are concerned. It is all too easy to get 'carried away', sometimes. Just 'cos I know them, and believe them to be good tunes. But feel it's important to maintain the right 'balance' across as many of the sections as possible - that are to be found between (at one end) the Top 500 type stuff, through to (for example) 'one-off' exclusive type stuff - some of which I do own (and so know them well) - but the masses are still (yet) to get to 'know' them. So you can't exactly ram 24 unknown tunes down every-one's necks, during a one hour set.. can you !?! As much as I might WANT to, sometimes !! boxing.gif

I know it's impossible to please ALL the attendees - but my aim is to try and offer at least a few things to suit across (most) peoples 'Boat Rocking' tastes. Trying (always) to cater as many of my spins as I can.. to suit the demands & varied tastes of the paying aficionado's.

As Sian stated.. I'm playing at being the chauffeur - with (I believe..) a full car of other 'eager' Soulies.. keen to make the trip northward to Barnsley's Citrus Rooms, on Friday.

Don't, as yet, know our expected ETA - but will liaise with 'The Guvnor' (Sian..) mid-week, to ascertain times etc. Suffice to say I'm always keen to arrive as near to 'the off' as I can.. and look forward (immensely.. ) to seeing everyone else there.. on the night. DON'T BE LATE.. !!

Fingers... :lol:

Edited by FickleFingers
Guest James Trouble

DJ times...

10 Steve Pownall

11 Fingers

12 Neil Jones

1 Ruddster

2 Flanny

3 Ste Thomas

4 Moi

5 til close Sam 'the Man' Moore

I really fancy this Simon. I'll have a word with the other half and see if she fancies getting a hotel and braving the roads. OK to get in without membership if we turn up late?

JT

Guest James Trouble

Of course mate. I'll put your names on the door :rolleyes:

Hopefully see ya later on bro

Any idea what the nearest hotel is, then all I have to do is figure out how to sweet talk the lady...

Guest Little Queenie

Any idea what the nearest hotel is, then all I have to do is figure out how to sweet talk the lady...

Here's a few places to stay near to the town centre:

Travelodge Barnsley Hotel

Stairfoot Roundabout

Doncaster Road

Barnsley

South Yorkshire

S70 3PT

Tel: 0871 984 6121

Hoyle Mill Inn

150, Pontefract Rd, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S71 1HU

Tel: 01226 771417

Hope to see you tonight!

Amie x

Well I'm one of the passemgers :lol:

Can you get the membership on the night?

Cheers

Tabs

Yep.. Me too !! Planning on leaving mine around 6.30ish to make my way over to Sian's to collect my other passengers - heading to Barnsley from there around 8ish for a 'Kick-Off' arrival.

See you all soon peeps !!

Fingers.. :rolleyes:

Guest James Trouble

Looks like we're on, but we won't be able to get there til 12 coming straight from stanstead airport at 8.30, shame about missing Finger's set, any chance of a sneaky DJ slot swap shop? It seems every time he's on fate conspires against me... :rolleyes:

Edited by James Trouble
Guest Little Queenie

Hi guys!

Anyone wanting to become a member on the night just PM me and I'll add your names to our list!

Sooooo exciting!!! :rolleyes:

Everyone going to the pub first? xxx

Guest twoflatsup

Getting mighty close !! Itchin' and a twitchin' to get to that there Stormin Soul ! :thumbsup:

Derbyshire Express leaving at 9 pm sharp, due into carpark at 10:30 ish. Just make last orders !

Source Advert