• Replies 34
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

Got this, is it Diana Ross or Florence Ballard, always thought it was Ross (but not sure) any help.

By the way i know there are a few takes on this but my favourite is O.C. Smith on Columbia LP.

Brett

Social source share

Guest Brett F

What LP did it come out on please? I'd rather have the real deal!!! :unsure:

It was unreleased (Supremes version) just got put on a white label (vinyl carver), not sure who cut them. Not even certain if it is on a Motown compilation CD ?

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

It was unreleased (Supremes version) just got put on a white label (vinyl carver), not sure who cut them. Not even certain if it is on a Motown compilation CD ?

Motown CD full of other unissued supremes,i have it somewhere.......so not a compilation.

Social source share

This was originally played years ago by Terry Jones at the Norfolk Village, at the time Im pretty certain it was only available on a dodgy Belgium comp. I heard it & got the details off TJ, but was unable to source the CD, this was pre ebay remember. Eventually I found the CD through Pete Lowrie & cut several acetates which were placed with prominent DJ's, the rest as they say is history. One of the tunes that was huge at the Abshott Soul Nights for me, & at its peak it was pressed up as a white label. I'm pretty sure its Diana Ross on lead vocal, Im not normally a fan of Ms Ross's vocal ability, but this is one of her finest cuts IMO.

Russ

Social source share

Great record, it's Diana on lead. I've got the white label, in the absence of any alternative I don't see a problem as it's a fantastic track :wicked:

But wouldn't it be great if Motown brought out a lovely vinyl LP to include the great unissued stuff like this ......seeing it's 50th anniversary year and all that :hypo:

Like a unissued version of Big Wheels of Motown ... smile.gif:P I can remember carrying it home on the bus not being able to wait to play it!

Richard's cds were good but it would be nice to get the tracks on a nice big shiny LP :)

Social source share

ANYONE GOT A COPY OF BOOT WITH "DONT LET TRUE LOVE DIE" FROM THIS ALBUM ON THE OTHER SIDE ?

You can buy this of me,and carver it as many time as you want :thumbsup: and 27 others.

gallery_1986_2586_39662.jpg

Edited by ken
Social source share

Jessie Davies did a nice version of this tune too !

Jazzy ........laid back lounge music.... etc

but nice on a compilaion when you are decorating the front room !

IMO of course

Edited by mossy
Social source share

• 11 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!