coops

• Replies 69
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

any details of this event yet, seen sort off tease flyer and meat for the bone?

LAUNCH NIGHT IS SATURDAY MAY 2nd 2009 - "SOUL HEAVEN" @ ROOM AT THE TOP - "SAMMYS CLUB" - STATION APPROACH - SLEAFORD - LINCS.

8pm - 2am ADM £5.00 ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY - CLASSIC DANCERS TO CURRENT DAY FLOORFILLERS 60s/70s

MONTHLY SOUL SESSIONS - FOR MORE INFO CONTACT 01754 - 611838 OR 07850 538320 www.starsandstripesimports.com

• 1 month later...

LAUNCH NIGHT IS SATURDAY MAY 2nd 2009 - "SOUL HEAVEN" @ ROOM AT THE TOP - "SAMMYS CLUB" - STATION APPROACH - SLEAFORD - LINCS.

8pm - 2am ADM £5.00 ACROSS THE BOARD MUSIC POLICY - CLASSIC DANCERS TO CURRENT DAY FLOORFILLERS 60s/70s

MONTHLY SOUL SESSIONS - FOR MORE INFO CONTACT 01754 - 611838 OR 07850 538320 www.starsandstripesimports.com

DEE JAYS FOR THE OPENING NIGHT.....

CHRIS FORREST, TATS TAYLOR, MICK COOPER, STEVE JAY & DAVE RAISTRICK.

i've just posted some shots of the interior of sammys' in the members' album section... very, very nice venue and...... the owner Graham says he has

NO PROBLEM WITH TALC!!!

now that's a refreshing changes from some venues. :thumbsup:

i've just posted some shots of the interior of sammys' in the members' album section... very, very nice venue and...... the owner Graham says he has

NO PROBLEM WITH TALC!!!

now that's a refreshing changes from some venues. :ohmy:

CHECK OUT THE INTERIOR SNAPS OF THIS "NEW EXCITING VENUE" RIGHT IN THE HEART OF LINCOLNSHIRE.

FIRST SATURDAY NIGHT OF EACH MONTH STARTING MAY 2nd FOLLOWED BY JUNE 6th, JULY 4th, AUGUST 1st, SEPT 5th, OCT 3rd.......

FIRST SATURDAY NIGHT OF EACH MONTH STARTING MAY 2nd FOLLOWED BY JUNE 6th, JULY 4th, AUGUST 1st, SEPT 5th, OCT 3rd.......

i hear the new owner of the club will soon be changing it's name to Ratty's! Still gonna be Soul Heaven to me!

Guest Midge

Fantastic to have a night a little nearer to home. Absolutely great DJ line up for the opener which bodes well for future nights. I'll definitely be attending this. What a great warm up session for SOUL FOR HEROES the following day.

Good luck to all concerned.

Now will somebody promote a night of Upfront Soul in a NICE modern venue here in Lincoln itself (PLEASE!)

Edited by Midge

Fantastic to have a night a little nearer to home. Absolutely great DJ line up for the opener which bodes well for future nights. I'll definitely be attending this. What a great warm up session for SOUL FOR HEROES the following day.

Now will somebody promote a night of Upfront Soul in a NICE modern venue here in Lincoln itself (PLEASE!)

the first one is all about quality soul, nothing scary, nothing too testing but most certainly soulful, I think the second one (june 6th) is going to be lesser played stuff and up-front tunes (like the vault should be) although dave could clarify this :thumbsup:

the first one is all about quality soul, nothing scary, nothing too testing but most certainly soulful, I think the second one (june 6th) is going to be lesser played stuff and up-front tunes (like the vault should be) although dave could clarify this :thumbsup:

Guest Midge

Works for me Sir...............................

Monthly guests to include some of the UK's TOP Soul spinners Including Soul Sam, Arthur Fenn, Mick H Etc..........

Debbie and myself will most certainly be there!! very close to home (for both of us) and a good music policy. looking forward to it.

p.s. Don't let Debbie near a pole fer gawd sake wink.gif:D:thumbup::D

p.p.s. Dave, you selling tickets for the weekender whilst there ?

Ian, Yes tickets will be available for our tenth anniversary weekender in September.

I reckon you should do that Midge! you plush seated comfy surroundings person you. xx

Guest Midge

I reckon you should do that Midge! you plush seated comfy surroundings person you. xx

Maybe one day eh? Got to be better for the image than beer and sawdust if we want the soul scene to continue after we are all past it or dead and gone wink.gif

FREE CD TO THE FIRST 50 THROUGH THE DOORS ON OUR OPENING NIGHT. MAY 2nd 2009

Guest smudgesmith

Who is this Dave Raistrick guy? Is he from Boston? :lol:

lookin forward to this . being of the 'oldies/uptempo 60's' persuasion, hopefully you lads wont disappoint and play the odd one or six. good to see a venue literally on the doorstep. :lol:

catering for ALL tastes this one Ian (even a smattering of RnB) :thumbsup:

Guest smudgesmith

No Sludge - Dave Appleyard is the one from Boston !!

Thanks for clearing that up Dave :thumbsup: .Great line up and it looks a "posh" venue will try and get over for this one cus i can do "posh"

Thanks for clearing that up Dave :lol: .Great line up and it looks a "posh" venue will try and get over for this one cus i can do "posh"

just don't go treading that fenland black peaty soil into the carpets mush. by-the-way, if you google 'carpet' you'll find out what one is. :ohmy:

Guest smudgesmith

just don't go treading that fenland black peaty soil into the carpets mush. by-the-way, if you google 'carpet' you'll find out what one is. :thumbup:

Right Micheal "googled" carpet, and what a surprise..........must get some of those to put on my walls :no:

I reckon Gary must still be celebrating the news of this cos he aint come on here and posted comment :thumbup::lol::lol: make sure the bar is well stocked up for this one, specially if the champion ale drinkers are coming from the skegford area :yes::thumbsup:

Twos up on me scoot then Midge?? :thumbup:

you'd have to lower the seat a bit there dawn! ...... just leaving :thumbsup:

Guest Midge

you'd have to lower the seat a bit there dawn! ...... just leaving :thumbsup:

My but aren't we sharp this afternoon Mr C :thumbup:

And in answer to your question Dawn, not a chance on this earth would I be seen on a scooter two's up or otherwise now, left those things behind in the 70's.

Edited by Midge

well, that's the CDs already and packed for next saturday, all we need is lousy weather so we don't get stuck behind caravan after caravan returning home from a week on the East Coast!!!!

(just a reminder of the tunes on the 'first 50 CD)

post-9305-1240498421_thumb.jpg

I reckon Gary must still be celebrating the news of this cos he aint come on here and posted comment :thumbsup::D:lol: make sure the bar is well stocked up for this one, specially if the champion ale drinkers are coming from the skegford area :lol::)

Twos up on me scoot then Midge?? :)

HE SAYS HE'S COMING DAWN CAN'T WAIT MYSELF.I'M SURE WE WILL BOTH BE COMING TO LINCOLN NOW ITS BACK TOO.HEAVY WEEKEND THIS DAUGHTERS 18TH NEXT DAY.

KEV

I reckon Gary must still be celebrating the news of this cos he aint come on here and posted comment :ohmy::huh::( make sure the bar is well stocked up for this one, specially if the champion ale drinkers are coming from the skegford area :D:D

Twos up on me scoot then Midge?? :(

Definately on for this one Dawn :( . Will try not to drink before i get there rolleyes.gif

Totally agree with you

Great Venue + Great Line Up = Great Night :g:

I think this current incarnation of this club is the only one i havent been in, previously called legends, asylum, crypt, club havanna. Now called Rattys (last few weeks). Useless information really. The upstairs is great venue though :lol: .

LAUNCH NIGHT IS SATURDAY MAY 2nd 2009 - "SOUL HEAVEN" @ ROOM AT THE TOP - "SAMMYS CLUB" NOW CALLED "RATTYS" - STATION APPROACH - SLEAFORD - LINCS.

LOTS OF INTEREST FROM ALL PARTS OF THE UK FOR THIS OPENING NIGHT.

Edited by Dave Raistrick

went over last night after Grantham Phoenix to check that Graham (owner) is all okay for the launch and he is. that's it then, cds done, venue ready just a matter of passing six days away before the launch of what must become the best monthly event in lincolnshire.

Edited by coops