Help The Heroes/ York

POSTING THIS UP EARLY FOR ADVANCE TICKET SALES

HELP THE HEROES CHARITY SOUL NIGHT

SATURDAY JUNE 13TH, 2009

TEMPLE HALL, ST JOHNS COLLEGE, LORD MAYORS WALK, YORK.

7.00PM-1.00AM

A NIGHT OF TOP QUALITY ACROSS THE BOARD

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

PLAYED BY QUALITY DJ`S WHICH INCLUDE

ROMAN, YOCKY, ALEX SIMMS.

BRIDGEY, DICKO, STEVE BRADLEY, NICK BIELBY

HARRY CROSBY & DAVE SMITH.

TOP CLASS 10K SOUND SYSTEM, FOR THIS 250 CAPACITY VENUE

COMPLETE WITH HUGE WOODEN DANCEFLOOR

BAR & LARGE SEATING AREA

ADMISSION BY ADVANCE TICKET ONLY £5.00

FOR TICKETS CONTACT DICKO ON 01904 331528

OR MOBILE 07954378881

OR PM THROUGH THIS SITE TO PAUL DICKO

THIS PROMISES TO BE A SELLOUT SO ORDER YOUR TICKET EARLY

TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT

OUR REGISTERED CHARITY NUMBER IS 20090112-2986-4050

FOR ACCOMADATION DETAILS https://www.visityork.org/information/tourist-information.asp

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HELP THE HEROES VISIT THE WEBSITE @

https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/index.html

LETS GET BEHIND THIS VERY WORTHY CAUSE

AND MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif:ohmy::lol:

UPDATE ADMISSION AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR UNTIL 9PM @ £5.00

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
  • Replies 126
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

HELP THE HEROS CHARITY SOUL NIGHT

SATURDAY JUNE 13TH, 2009

7.00PM-1.00AM

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

BAR & LARGE SEATING AREA

OR MOBILE 07954378881

TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT

FOR ACCOMADATION DETAILS https://www.visityork.org/information/tourist-information.asp

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HELP THE HEROS VISIT THE WEBSITE @

AND MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif:ohmy::lol:

Bump if you aint going to the no1 weekender

somewhere with a good cause to travel to and enjoy

SATURDAY JUNE 13TH, 2009

7.00PM-1.00AM

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

BAR & LARGE SEATING AREA

OR MOBILE 07954378881

TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT

AND MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::D:lol:

original reply to Harry's above post deleted - with hindsight my attempt at a bit of humour,and at the same time bump his post to give this event more attention may have been misconstrued . Appologies to all if it was :thumbsup: Edited by andybellwood
Guest pauldicko

------------------------------ -----------------------------

HI EVERYONE,

THANKS HARRY FOR GETTING THIS THREAD GOING FOR US - GLAD TO HAVE YOU ONBOARD.

MYSELF AND IAN BRIDGE (BRIDGEY) ARE PROMOTING THIS EVENT WITH HELP FROM FRIENDS IN YORK.

ANYONE REQUIRING ANY FURTHER INFO - TICKETS - OR WOULD LIKE TO DONATE ANYTHING TO THE RAFFLE/ AUCTION ON THE NIGHT CAN PM ME DIRECTLY OR RING ME - 07954378881.

ITS ALL ABOUT RAISING MONEY FOR THE CHARITY.

ENJOY YOUR NIGHT SO THAT OTHERS CAN ENJOY THEIR LIFE.

PAULDICKO -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THATS MY BIT OF COLOUR IN !!!

thumbup.gif:P:lol:

SATURDAY JUNE 13TH, 2009

7.00PM-1.00AM

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

BAR & LARGE SEATING AREA

OR MOBILE 07954378881

TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT

AND MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif:P:lol:

Hi Harry,

Mega, Mega Thanks for helping Dicko & Myself "PROMOTE THIS AWESOME CHARITY VENUE" .......... You've done a brilliant job mate.

We really do appreciate all the help you have given us to promote this "Fantasic Charity Venue"...... Has you know Harry, Help The Heroes Charity is very close to the hearts of Dicko & Myself.

Also a Massive Thanks to all the DJ's who have volunteered there services in helping us make it certainly a night to remember.

KTF........................ Bridgey & Linda

Edited by Bridgey

Hi Harry,

Mega, Mega Thanks for helping Dicko & Myself "PROMOTE THIS AWESOME CHARITY VENUE" .......... You've done a brilliant job mate.

We really do appreciate all the help you have given us to promote this "Fantasic Charity Venue"...... Has you know Harry, Help The Heros Charity is very close to the hearts of Dicko & Myself.

Also a Massive Thanks to all the DJ's who have volunteered there services in helping us make it certainly a night to remember.

Thanks for asking me guys, its a pleasure to be a part of such a worthwhile cause biggrin.gif

Will try & make this one, looks like it'll be a good night & for a good cause.

Bridgey, can we have first "bagsy" on your spare bed?

Hiya Carol,

I can only confirm your accommodation once you have purchased "2 Venue Tickets"............ :shades: .... Yes of course you can.

Don't worry Harry, we'll put some heaters in the Shed for you!!!......... :lol:

Guest Red Sue

SATURDAY JUNE 13TH, 2009

7.00PM-1.00AM

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

BAR & LARGE SEATING AREA

OR MOBILE 07954378881

TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT

AND MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! :shades::lol::D

This is one we will try not to miss will be over in Yorkshire for holiday.

Willie & Sue

Harry , unless there' s another, its Nick Beilby (not Nick Bielby ) .In the early days of yksoul , this venue always used to be a 300 advance sellout for northern charity nites , so good luck with this one .

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE RILEY SMITH HALL, TADCASTER. YORKSHIRE. LS24 9JB. SAT 28th MARCH .7.30 pm til' 01.00.

Late bars & caf. Large (free) car park opposite. Recently restored 1920s Art Deco ballroom with balcony Fantastic wooden dance floor (reputedly the largest sprung dance floor in England) 2ND room for rarer & underplayed soul. DJ's PAT BRADY, NEIL RUSHTON, COLIN WOOD, STEVE WOOMBLE, MARTIN BYRD, JOHN PARKER, TONY HATFIELD, ANDY BELLWOOD, DAVE JAMES (Original Whafedale Soul Club DJ).Tickets:£4 adv/ £5 door.

Info Dale Byers Tel 07709276357, Tony Hatfield Tel 07742054847.Future 09 dates: Frid 22 May, Frid 23 Oct, Sat 19 Dec (Xmas party)

Don`t actually believe i`m reading this on a charity thread, my, my, how the soul scene has changed in my absence, this to me looks like the ramblings of a self confessed trumpet blower, who has no posotive comments, and from the other posts ive read by mr bellwood

seems to be on a one man mission to pull down every other local event apart from the ones he dj`s at himself, this being a charity thread for what is a very good cause we should be not only praising these guys for there efforts, but also supporting this event, by the way mr bellwood one question will you be attending this event yourself? rant over now lets get behind this and give it all the support it needs eh :shades: btw guys i`ll be in touch for my ticket, GOOD LUCK

Thanks for asking me guys, its a pleasure to be a part of such a worthwhile cause :ohmy:
Hey up harry hope you are all ok what a honour for a dj to be asked to play at a charity event like this one for Hero's and that is exactly what these lads and lass's are HERO's putting their necks on the line for big daft northern soul softies to live in peace like me.Many many thanks to Ian and Dicko i was proud as punch when they phoned me and i only hope i can deliver what these people deserve. this will be a night to remember and i will be able to look back in time with pride i was able to be a part of it hope you are all keeping well all the best Yocky and Joy.

Hey up harry hope you are all ok what a honour for a dj to be asked to play at a charity event like this one for Hero's and that is exactly what these lads and lass's are HERO's putting their necks on the line for big daft northern soul softies to live in peace like me.Many many thanks to Ian and Dicko i was proud as punch when they phoned me and i only hope i can deliver what these people deserve. this will be a night to remember and i will be able to look back in time with pride i was able to be a part of it hope you are all keeping well all the best Yocky and Joy.

Hi yocky & joy hope you two are well, top post mate, & if my previous experiences of hearing you when ive been lucky enough to hear your set, you are more than up to the task, i`m sure you will deliver as you allways do, so no worries on that count mate, its a great dj line up and i`m sure all the dj`s will make this as you quite rightly say a very memorable night-all the best harry & di :ohmy:

Hi loz [vandella] just read your comments and while i applaud your honesty, as it now seems andy has retracted his post maybe a good idea to retract yours, and lets get some good feeling on this thread, andy did pm me yesterday and we soted the matter out amicably, SO COME ON GUYS LETS GET BEHIND THE THINGS THAT REALLY MATTER HERE IE THE CHARITY :lol:

Hi loz [vandella] just read your comments and while i applaud your honesty, as it now seems andy has retracted his post maybe a good idea to retract yours, and lets get some good feeling on this thread, andy did pm me yesterday and we soted the matter out amicably, SO COME ON GUYS LETS GET BEHIND THE THINGS THAT REALLY MATTER HERE IE THE CHARITY :lol:

Hi harry, been sorting things out with andy through pm`s this morning, and have agreed to remove my post, only problem i`m having is my post seems to have run into his and i have no edit option? have pm`d andy to see if he can sort it out his end, awaiting reply and then if no joy there will ask a moderator if they can sort it out for me, as you quite rightly say its time to put these differences to bed and concentrate on the main issue at hand-THE CHARITY, See you saturday-LOZ XX

Hi harry, been sorting things out with andy through pm`s this morning, and have agreed to remove my post, only problem i`m having is my post seems to have run into his and i have no edit option? have pm`d andy to see if he can sort it out his end, awaiting reply and then if no joy there will ask a moderator if they can sort it out for me, as you quite rightly say its time to put these differences to bed and concentrate on the main issue at hand-THE CHARITY, See you saturday-LOZ XX

Hiya Loz,

Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday. Thanks for your Fantastic Support. We'll be in the Bay Horse across the road from about 6 ish if you can make it. if not, we can have a chat at The Crescent.

Take Care,

KTF....................... Bridgey & Linda

HELP THE HEROES CHARITY SOUL NIGHT

SATURDAY JUNE 13TH, 2009

7.00PM-1.00AM

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

BAR & LARGE SEATING AREA

OR MOBILE 07954378881

TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HELP THE HEROES VISIT THE WEBSITE @

AND MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P:no:

THE FLYER IS NOW WITH THE PRINTERS, JUST GETTING IT'S FINAL TOUCHE'S BEFORE WE GET THEM OUT.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE SOME TO DISTRIBUTE, PLEASE LET DICKO OR MYSELF KNOW.

MANY THANKS & KTF................ BRIDGEY.

Bugger! It clashes with Cleethorpes, not a problem, I will come from Cleethorpes to York as a warm up for the Nighter on the Saturday night.

BRIDGEY I will PM you with my address if you want to send me some flyers and I'll drop them off at some Nighters.

Nice One Simon,

What a "Top Man".......... Making the journey from Cleethorpes to be with us for the Saturday Night. Your The man.

Thanks for the PM, (just replied mate). As soon as we get them, they will be in the post to you. :ohmy: Also, Harry is going to Post the Flyer on Soul Source. If your in a postion at work to possibily run a few off, that would be great..... :lol:

Thanks again for your offer.

KTF................................. Bridgey & Linda

Bugger! It clashes with Cleethorpes, not a problem, I will come from Cleethorpes to York as a warm up for the Nighter on the Saturday night.

BRIDGEY I will PM you with my address if you want to send me some flyers and I'll drop them off at some Nighters.

Hi Simon,

The Flyers are now completed. I will post you a batch tomorrow morning as you requsted mate.

Thanks again for your help............... It really is much appreciated.

Harry has posted the flyer on Soul Source Flyers Section if you want a quick look before they arrive.

KTF......................... Bridgey

who has the tickets then :rolleyes:

Hi Kenny,

Tickets are printed and in the very safe hands of Sonia & Dicko............... Give Dicko a bell on the Phone Number(s) below mate.

We are expecting this to sell out early mate.

We went to Crofton, Wakefield last Friday and was talking to a group from Sheffield (14 of them) who said they are definitely making the journey up (they found out about the venue, via Soul Source). It was just a coincidence that they was talking to us.