• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi All

Not seen one of these before the issue of Essence Of Love-Yes it's you-K City.

Unlike the demo Eugene Smiley's name doesn't appear as part of the Artist name.

Common, not common????????

post-3008-1231859461_thumb.jpg

I think Keith Woon has this, is the label blue Dave, I know the scan is there, but its hard to tell, I thought Keiths was light blue ??????

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest spreaderone

what a top tune i remember looking at Mick H copy around 6 years ago never heard or seen it before ,and never had to much turntabel hammer to

jacko

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Guys,

So, is Essence of love DEFINATLY EXACTLY the same record as Eugene Smiley, just that one is the demo and one is the issue? No guessing please, this is important...!

Cheers, Chris

Aside from the obvious omission of Eugene Smiley's name, other differences are the IRDA (International Record Distributing Assoc.) distribution logo and catalogue number which are also missing from from the stock copy. The promo label shows a release number of IRDA 481-B, whereas the stock copy's number is KC 481-B.

Although the track time 3:26 is the same, without hearing the stock copy there's no absolute way of knowing any recording differences, so I suppose we'll need Dave to post up a clip.

Further anorak info....the matrix scratched into the deadwax is IRDA 481B ZSSB 149083-1A.

I suppose it's possible that the stock copy was pressed before a distribution deal with IRDA, and the promos were pressed following..... they probably do a lot of things differently in Kansas....

Over to you Mr. Thorley......:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Aside from the obvious omission of Eugene Smiley's name, other differences are the IRDA (International Record Distributing Assoc.) distribution logo and catalogue number which are also missing from from the stock copy. The promo label shows a release number of IRDA 481-B, whereas the stock copy's number is KC 481-B.

Although the track time 3:26 is the same, without hearing the stock copy there's no absolute way of knowing any recording differences, so I suppose we'll need Dave to post up a clip.

Further anorak info....the matrix scratched into the deadwax is IRDA 481B ZSSB 149083-1A.

I suppose it's possible that the stock copy was pressed before a distribution deal with IRDA, and the promos were pressed following..... they probably do a lot of things differently in Kansas....

Over to you Mr. Thorley......hatsoff2.gif

it has to be as you say, the original press before the IRDA deal

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!