Motown Record Issues

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

I have the added bonus of celebrating my 50th in the same year as Motown therefore I need some assistance from the Motown experts.

Was there a Motown record issued on or about the 02nd August 1959, if so details please

Many thanks,

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have the added bonus of celebrating my 50th in the same year as Motown therefore I need some assistance from the Motown experts.

Was there a Motown record issued on or about the 02nd August 1959, if so details please

Many thanks,

Dave

Money - Barrett Strong - Aug 59

Ron & Bill - It - Aug 59

Happy Birthday

Social source share

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

According to the book Motown The History by Sharon Davis, Money by Barrett Strong was released on Tamla and Anna in August 1959, and It by Ron & Bill also released on Tamla in August 1959.

When you are 60 you have Baby I'm For Real by the Originals.

Steve

Social source share

RON and BILL.....IT / DONT SAY BYE-BYE........TAMLA STRIPES

BOB KAYLI........PEPPERMINT / NEVER MORE....ANNA LABEL

I may be wrong but thought Barrett Strong came out in November, although was pressed earlier on a 10" disc.

WESTY

Yes, I heard it came out on Anna originally but it came out on Tamla in Aug 59 according to https://www.seabear.se/Tamla1.html ?

Think it'll do tho'?

Social source share

Hi Dave,

According to the book Motown The History by Sharon Davis, Money by Barrett Strong was released on Tamla and Anna in August 1959, and It by Ron & Bill also released on Tamla in August 1959.

When you are 60 you have Baby I'm For Real by the Originals.

Steve

according to the book "Off The Record" Motown by master numbers 1959-1989 by Reginald J. Bartlette Money came out in November..

anyway what you on about....When you are 60 you have Baby I'm for Real by the Originals ?

WESTY

Social source share

Many thanks,

Dave

Me too! But I was born June 6th. Anyone??

P :lol:

Social source share

RIGHT....heres one for y'all.... :lol:

June 1959

Biscaynes........mis-beat / out of order Ridge 6601A2 and 6601A1

Ridge is one of the most rare of the Motown connected labels. This was thought to be the only release on this label..

thought to be the rare-est Motown record of them all :lol:

Chico Leverett...........Solid Sender / I'll never love again Tamla 54024A :(

The Swinging Tigers........Snake Walk / Part 2..... Tamla 54024A :ohmy:

WESTY

Social source share

RIGHT....heres one for y'all.... :ohmy:

June 1959

Biscaynes........mis-beat / out of order Ridge 6601A2 and 6601A1

Ridge is one of the most rare of the Motown connected labels. This was thought to be the only release on this label..

thought to be the rare-est Motown record of them all yes.gif

Chico Leverett...........Solid Sender / I'll never love again Tamla 54024A :lol:

The Swinging Tigers........Snake Walk / Part 2..... Tamla 54024A :lol:

WESTY

Wow thanks for the info..

P :thumbup:

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

according to the book "Off The Record" Motown by master numbers 1959-1989 by Reginald J. Bartlette Money came out in November..

anyway what you on about....When you are 60 you have Baby I'm for Real by the Originals ?

WESTY

One of my useless bits of information-Baby I'm For Real came out in August 1969 so when Dave makes 60 he knows Money came out 60 years ago and the Originals 50 years ago.

I'm like you Westy,born before release dates and charts were used!. See you at the next Drax all being well.

Steve aka Jack

Social source share

Thanx for all the information, it'll be put to good use !!!

Dave

say hello next time youre at Drax, I'll be propping up the bar, just ask someone,most know me cos Ive been going since it first opened (give or take a month or two)

Westy

p.s. I'm the guy that plays the Motown when I guest DJ

Social source share

One of my useless bits of information-Baby I'm For Real came out in August 1969 so when Dave makes 60 he knows Money came out 60 years ago and the Originals 50 years ago.

I'm like you Westy,born before release dates and charts were used!. See you at the next Drax all being well.

Steve aka Jack

BUT HE DONT WANT THAT JACK, HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT WAS RELEASED WHEN HE WAS BORN,NOT WHEN HE WAS 10YEARS OLD.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

plus most of us who is 50 or younger was born when Motown was around. however sadly for someone like me i was born when motown was making pop records.

great info since i am always wanting info on Motown music

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!