De-to

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Fatius Bumius

how do i find this on e-bay to refuse a record and get my money back below is what the seller has told me to do,help please, :ohmy:

Simply mark "refused - return to sender" on your received item's box :lol:

I think he's telling you that when the postman knocks on your door with it to write Return To Sender on the packet. I take it the sellers posted it ?

I'd accept the package and go through the Pay Pal/Ebay dispute route to get my money back.

Edited by Fatius Bumius
Social source share

I think he's telling you that when the postman knocks on your door with it to write Return To Sender on the packet. I take it the sellers posted it ?

I'd accept the package and go through the Pay Pal/Ebay dispute route to get my money back.

hello,yes record received from the usa but it is knackered and seller is ok with me returning it i am still looking on e-bay on how to refuse an item so that i can get a refund for the item??? :ohmy:
Social source share

hello,yes record received from the usa but it is knackered and seller is ok with me returning it i am still looking on e-bay on how to refuse an item so that i can get a refund for the item??? :ohmy:

hi mate, i think you may have to contact e-bay with your reasons for return and explain the situation regarding the seller agreeing to a refund & then he`ll just refund you through paypal once e-bay have contacted him, think thats how i did it once, hope this helps :lol:

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Go onto your My EBay page, down the left hand side, there's a section called Resolution Centre. Click on that and go through the process of Item Not As Described. Or click on the item in your WON section, there's an arrow, drop down box thing where View Order Details is. At the bottom of that there is ' Resolve a Problem' click it. You might end up going through Pay Pal dispute as well and they decide if it's Item As Described or not...how do they know condition etc of records, beyond me that one is. If Pay Pal say item IS as described, seller wins and you don't get your money back. Don't send the record back though until Pay Pal tell you too, and you are going to have to send it back by a trackable means, which you'll have to pay for. If your sellers OK and admits to Item Not as Described you'll be fine :ohmy:

Strange seller for asking you to lodge a dispute.

Social source share

the seller can just refund you , when he gets the item back ...simple.... you do not need to do anything the seller will do it all

cheers

David

:lol:

If a dispute is started and then resolved by both parties then the seller gets his ebay fees back too. If you paid by paypal, when he refunds you he'll get his paypal fees back too.

So start a dispute (on paypal & ebay if necessary), send the record back, wait for the refund, both parties end the dispute, leave positive feedback (if you want).

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

:P

If a dispute is started and then resolved by both parties then the seller gets his ebay fees back too. If you paid by paypal, when he refunds you he'll get his paypal fees back too.

So start a dispute (on paypal & ebay if necessary), send the record back, wait for the refund, both parties end the dispute, leave positive feedback (if you want).

Cheers

Paul

very true Paul , forgot about the ebay fees sleep3.gif ...glad someone is awake :lol:

Social source share

It depends on the seller and the value of the item. if you feel he's honest and if he has good feedback i would send the item back. he can reclaim his fees afterwards. as a seller i will generally even pay the return fees when the item was not as described or simply didn't play well. filing a dispute is not necessary unless you think your being ripped off. writing refused on the package is not proper once the package has been opened and may take months to get returned especially overseas.

Social source share

filing a dispute is not necessary unless you think your being ripped off.

Some sort of Resolution, which the buyer agrees to, has to wend it's way through Ebay - or the seller won't be refunded Ebay's cut on a record that never actually sold.

I've just launched today my first-ever dispute against an Englishman, and it's most odd. The buyer ignored my invoice for ten days and although I could've filed an "unpaid item" dispute, I instead went to the "auction cancelled" column - I no longer want his money. His contact info has an address that is the same name as a rather notorious English bootleg record "company" out of Ramsgate Kent, and the (non-soul) record he'd bought was right along the lines of what they've booted previously.

Social source share

If you send your record back send it so the seller has to sign for it its about £4 potage well worth it if the record is worth a few bob or he can say he never received otherwise lost in post etc etc . Dont forget take a picture of the record as well to prove the damage or fault just in case you get into a dispute.

Most responsible ebayers wont have problems in refunding you if you case is worthy.

Gaz

Social source share

It's pretty easy for a seller to reclaim their fee's.

#1 go to resolution center.

#2 under the line "i sold and item" select: I want to cancel a transaction.

#3 click contiue

#4 enter item # and select contiue

#5 enter reason (buyer has returned the item or is returning the item)

#6 the buyer will be sent an e-mail and has 7 days to confirm item was returned or not. if buyer does not respond the fees will be refunded.

for valuable? items as a buyer you will want tracking as proof.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!