4 Below Zero 12"

Guest martyn

Did this come out on a Pyramid 12" with Gentleman & Their Lady on the other side,or am I confusing it with Cathedrals?...........Or do I have to do leg work & try & find my copy round my Mums house ? :thumbsup:

Cheers

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Came out on the Roulette label with Gentlemen & Their Lady on the flip.

Cheers fella ,been wobbling my head for the last hour trying to remember :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cathedrals came out on Pyramid by DC LaRue. I've got the 12" of Four Below Zero and it's one of my all-time favs.

-J.

J , only thing is once the 12'' version hits the breakdown after about 2 minutes it just goes on and on for about another 5 minutes right to the end with the chorus just repeating over and over and over again, very tedious IMHO, but I guess that kind of mix may have made sense at the time of release in the mid 70s being aimed at the Studio 54 type disco crowd high on cocaine.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

J , only thing is once the 12'' version hits the breakdown after about 2 minutes it just goes on and on for about another 5 minutes right to the end with the chorus just repeating over and over and over again, very tedious IMHO, but I guess that kind of mix may have made sense at the time of release in the mid 70s being aimed at the Studio 54 type disco crowd high on cocaine.

Yeah, it goes on faaar too long IMO!

Social source share

Sounds like the long version on the Pye UK demo.No longer have it so can't check.....Anyone?

Social source share

Has anyone already posted it up (I cant find it) or could someone post up Gentlemen & Their Lady as I don't think I've heard it.

If I remember rightly the extended version in Refosoul is very poor sound quality, Would be good to hear a "clean" recording.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Sounds like the long version on the Pye UK demo.No longer have it so can't check.....Anyone?

Are we still talking about Four Below Zero? That never came out on UK Pye did it? :thumbsup:

For those who don't know, Roulette and Pyramid - along with Salsoul - were among the earliest purveyors of 12" discs (for general sale) and routinely put different artists on either side of the same disc at that time.

7" of Four Below Zero was issued on Patrick Adams' P&P label before Roulette.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!