Info On This 45 Anyone? Rarity? Price Etc?

Philt

Johnnie and Joe - I pray to keep our love strong J&S

New York thing then? Reckon it'll be a stinker to get a hold of and certainly wouldn't be to everyone's taste by any means but I love it ... variety and all that ... ...

Anyone?

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Johnnie and Joe - I pray to keep our love strong J&S

New York thing then? Reckon it'll be a stinker to get a hold of and certainly wouldn't be to everyone's taste by any means but I love it ... variety and all that ... ...

Anyone?

Cheers

Phil

especially hard to get ahold of if it's unreleased, according to:

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/johnnyjoe.htm

johnny and joe had a massive hit with "over the mountain, across the sea"

Social source share

especially hard to get ahold of if it's unreleased, according to:

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/johnnyjoe.htm

johnny and joe had a massive hit with "over the mountain, across the sea"

That was Ace's mistake, not SKM's. Details and info on the label are very hard to come across and there was also a mistake saying the Johnnie Richardson Sprout releases were unissued. We corrected it all on J&S Harlem Soul CDKEND 306, but as it is such uncharted waters, I'm sure new gems will turn up on the label from time to time.

It's a rare single and is a real beauty to my mind too. Quirky but captivating would be the mots juste!

Social source share

That was Ace's mistake, not SKM's. Details and info on the label are very hard to come across and there was also a mistake saying the Johnnie Richardson Sprout releases were unissued. We corrected it all on J&S Harlem Soul CDKEND 306, but as it is such uncharted waters, I'm sure new gems will turn up on the label from time to time.

It's a rare single and is a real beauty to my mind too. Quirky but captivating would be the mots juste!

Thanks Adey!

"Mots juste" - love it! :thumbsup:

ATB

Phil

ps: Sanctus episcopus et ancilla fessa agro sedent :thumbup:

Pps: You'll be delighted to learn then that "the saintly bishop and tired maid sit in the field", as requested.

Social source share

Ady,

Do you have a (partial) discography for J&S? Definitely an interesting NY label...

We certainly advanced it a fair bit at work once all the kind collectors started sending their rareties in. Peter Gibbon was typing away like a demented discographer. I'll try and get one together and post it in the box section tomorrow.

Cheers

Ady

Social source share

Thanks Adey!

"Mots juste" - love it! wink.gif

ATB

Phil

ps: Sanctus episcopus et ancilla fessa agro sedent :P

The spelling was a guess. I'm reading Jeeves books at the moment so there's a lot of weird phrases in my head. You got me on the Latin though and the translation's even more mystifying.

Pps: You'll be delighted to learn then that "the saintly bishop and tired maid sit in the field", as requested.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!