Blue Star Record Label

Denbo

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

If you're after the Arin Demain "Blue Star" label, R & B Indies lists only that one track.

There are 4 other Blue Star labels but not many tracks between them.

Do you have listings for each of them?

Trying to track down a 'Johnny Wonderful' release.

Social source share

By the way, Arin Demain's "Silent Treatment" is also published by HEMISPHERE MUSIC so it would surprise me if the Jimmy Wonderful and Arin Demain 45s are not from the same label set-up.

270000282748.jpg

I think Paul had a copy of Arin Demain on the Jimmy Wonderful type Blue Star label design in the sales section last week, so definitely the same label...

Rich

Social source share

I think Paul had a copy of Arin Demain on the Jimmy Wonderful type Blue Star label design in the sales section last week, so definitely the same label...

Rich

NICE! :lol: And here it is:

post-1392-1231941501_thumb.jpg

Nice to clear up stuff like this.

I don't know what the "JW2" on the Jimmy Wonderful label refers to. "Jimmy Wonderful 2" perhaps? unsure.gif Was there another Jimmy Wonderful 45 on BLUE STAR as well? JW2 might be the actual catalogue number. Or perhaps it says "JW1" on the flipside label?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I thought we once did a label listing over on RareSoulForum...will have to look when I get a chance. Off the top of my head there's also the great Lord Jim & The VIP's double-sider, Johnny Daye's semi-known mover and a not so good disc from Billy Storm, all outta the same stable as Jimmy Wonderful and Arin Demain.

:lol:

Social source share

I thought we once did a label listing over on RareSoulForum...will have to look when I get a chance. Off the top of my head there's also the great Lord Jim & The VIP's double-sider, Johnny Daye's semi-known mover and a not so good disc from Billy Storm, all outta the same stable as Jimmy Wonderful and Arin Demain.

:lol:

The Lord Jim and Lefty Wright 45s are on the same BLUE STAR label as Arin and Jimmy.

But as far as I know the Johnny Daye and Vogues 45s are on a different BLUE STAR label (from Pennsylvania).

The Singing Ambassadors 45s are on what seems like yet another BLUE STAR label (out of Texas).

Haven't seen the Billy Storm disc.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

The Lord Jim and Lefty Wright 45s are on the same BLUE STAR label as Arin and Jimmy.

But as far as I know the Johnny Daye and Vogues 45s are on a different BLUE STAR label.

The Singing Ambassadors 45s are on what seems like yet another BLUE STAR label (out of Texas).

Haven't seen the Billy Storm disc.

There appears to be a Blue Star label out of LA with a track by the Dreamers listed.

Social source share

There appears to be a Blue Star label out of LA with a track by the Dreamers listed.

GREAT! :( Here is what I've found so far:

BLUE STAR 400 - Jimmy Wonderful - Ain't Nothin' Shakin' Here / Tonight

BLUE STAR 450 - Lord Jim & The V.I.P.'s - You Don't Have To Cry Any More / The Marlin

BLUE STAR 1000 - Arin Demain - Silent Treatment / You Don't Have To Cry

BLUE STAR 1000/1001 - Lefty Wright - I Don't Want Nobody Listen (If I Can't Have You) / Run Run Run

BLUE STAR 1965 - Billy Storm - It's What's Happening, Baby / That Funny Feeling

Pennsylvania label:

BLUE STAR 229 - Vogues - You're The One / Some Words

BLUE STAR 230 - Johnny Daye - I'll Keep On Loving You / One Of These Days

Texas label:

BLUE STAR 513 - Singing Ambassadors - Lord Hear My Plea / Beautiful Things

BLUE STAR 514 - Singing Ambassadors - All I Have / Swing Low, Sweet Chariot

BLUE STAR 515 - Singing Ambassadors - Look Around / What God Do You Serve

Don't know where this fits in, it's from 1960:

BLUE STAR 8001 - Dreamers - I Really Love You / You Made Me Darling

Edited by Sebastian
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

BLUE STAR 1965 - Billy Storm - It's What's Happening, Baby / That Funny Feeling

Oops...forgot that the Johnny Daye was different...I even had it pictured in my mind...doh!

However, rest assured this Billy Storm is DEFINITELY the same label as Arin Demain etc. I've found WD's of it with the 'Star' designed logo...thought I'd struck gold until the stylus hit the vinyl!

:(

Social source share

However, rest assured this Billy Storm is DEFINITELY the same label as Arin Demain etc. I've found WD's of it with the 'Star' designed logo...thought I'd struck gold until the stylus hit the vinyl!

:(

So what gives with the record numbering system being all over the place?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!