Damon Fox-packin Up

Was just thinking back last night, and wondered if what i saw was a fake, what i`m talking about is ive had the stadard striped fairmount design of this through my hands & a friend of mine once owned a copy of the bluey/green franKford & wayne test press, but a couple of years ago on a flyer i saw a design of the label ive never seen before, all blue with the FAIRMOUNT name running in an arch around the top of the label? does this exist or was it just a made up thing REGARDS HARRY :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This 45 exists on both blue/white striped Frankford/Wayne presses and apparently Monarch Black/Blue/Orange presses with the logo in an arch for the West Coast*. Think all copies of both I've ever seen are DJ copies although the East Coast issue does exist too. Pretty rare on all formats, I suppose, and couldn't speculate the quantities of either relative to each other.

*There's a scan of the Monarch press on here somewhere, courtesy of Mark Hanson. Something about it doesn't quite ring true to me: the typeface used for the credits seems at odds with any Monarch records of the time. I'd be interested to know what others think...

Social source share

apparently Monarch Black/Blue/Orange presses with the logo in an arch for the West Coast*.

*There's a scan of the Monarch press on here somewhere, courtesy of Mark Hanson. Something about it doesn't quite ring true to me: the typeface used for the credits seems at odds with any Monarch records of the time. I'd be interested to know what others think...

Here it is:

post-2-1088793295_thumb.jpg

Social source share

This 45 exists on both blue/white striped Frankford/Wayne presses and apparently Monarch Black/Blue/Orange presses with the logo in an arch for the West Coast*. Think all copies of both I've ever seen are DJ copies although the East Coast issue does exist too. Pretty rare on all formats, I suppose, and couldn't speculate the quantities of either relative to each other.

It's fake IMO

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/rarest-of-the-rare/17

Edited by john manship
Social source share

My Oscar Wright has the arched design and is date stamped 1966, as is my Billy Leonard "Tell Me Do You Love Me"

Sorry Tony - I stand corrected! For some reason, I thought the Oscar Wright and Frankie Brunson 45s dated from '63. Thanks for that - helps put me right.

Social source share

As an aside:

does anyone have a striped (Frankford/Wayne vinyl) Oscar Wright on Fairmount for sale? I have the Hemisphere and west coast, styrene Fairmount releases.

Also, if memory serves, my Billy Leonard is the 'west coast' label design, but on vinyl; I'll check later if that's a Monarch or F/W press, which might mean the other logo was in use nationally. Don't recall ever seeing Billy Leonard on the other label variation.

I also have dim memories of another Fairmount release (The Pageants?) being like this. As Tony says, the 1963 date on the labels doesn't refer to the year of release of the records, just the incorporation date of the Fairmount label itself.

Social source share

Lets clear this one up, it's fake 100%. We used it once on a flyer for the capitol soul club (bit of a set up). We could of put the original acetate owned by Carl (fortnum) but as the rebels we were we went for a made up one.... for a bit of a laugh.......see who we could fool etc :(

Greg

:ohmy::lol::lol: so it was you guys whos had my head going round in circles :lol:laugh.gif as i said i had the proper label design in the early eighties, but when i saw this on the flyer made me think, nice one laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!