Rimini Weekender 2009

abdntony

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi scots tony,we went last year and had a brilliant time , do not know the dates for this year , but try www.boomerangsoul. co.uk , hear you will find maria o , see organized a lot of last year and is in touch with simmoni, who runs it ,think the spelling wrong sorry hope this helps , if yu go you will love it , the italian are a great crowd yours mr j.p.

hi scots tony,we went last year and had a brilliant time , do not know the dates for this year , but try www.boomerangsoul. co.uk , hear you will find maria o , see organized a lot of last year and is in touch with simmoni, who runs it ,think the spelling wrong sorry hope this helps , if yu go you will love it , the italian are a great crowd yours mr j.p.

Hi mr j.p, will try boomerang, I was there last year and had a first class weekend well two weeks in Rimini would be great to get organised for going back

this year met some fantastic people

Hi,

Yes, it's always a wonderful exciting weekender - soul music, weather, food and the lovely Italian people. After 7 annual weekenders, great friendships have blossomed for many too.

I do not organise anything or make decisions - just help the Italians when they ask (...because I'm better at it than Arthur is :lol: ). Last year, the official Rimini weekender at the Gotha Club was actually organised by: Simone, Cristian and Cristina.

Let's just say, that Simone has been phoning for a chat or three in the last fortnight :lol:

...and they normally make announcements around Februrary/March. Cristian is on SS and did the honours last year.

I'll send the guys an email now and point them to this thread.

m

Has anyone heard of or seen advertised dates for Rimini weekender 2009?

Hiya there

Don't think they've got info yet I've emailed Christian 1 of the organisers in Rimini...not heard anything yet

I do look on RIMINI SOUL WEEKENDER page now and again tho...

Brill weekend...

Glyn

Hi,

Yes, it's always a wonderful exciting weekender - soul music, weather, food and the lovely Italian people. After 7 annual weekenders, great friendships have blossomed for many too.

I do not organise anything or make decisions - just help the Italians when they ask (...because I'm better at it than Arthur is :P ). Last year, the official Rimini weekender at the Gotha Club was actually organised by: Simone, Cristian and Cristina.

Let's just say, that Simone has been phoning for a chat or three in the last fortnight whistling.gif

...and they normally make announcements around Februrary/March. Cristian is on SS and did the honours last year.

I'll send the guys an email now and point them to this thread.

m

Hi Maria thanks for info dont think you rmember meeting us scots guys the pinacolda dudes lol

• 3 weeks later...

well fukk me me and the Mrs are in Cesantico from the 14th July for 7 nights...can someone pm me links to the venues etc

:thumbsup:

hey paul, if you do go and tell the locals about your torch & twisted wheel days, they will love you forever

if you have a tattoo to prove it you will be the don of italy :D

went to rimini 2002, lovely hotel, beach, food and to top it of there was the ferrari owners club in town

oh yeh didnt really like the music policy hence havnt been since!!! just my opinion

well fukk me me and the Mrs are in Cesantico from the 14th July for 7 nights...can someone pm me links to the venues etc

:g:

They're not officially advertising it yet :(

But I have just booked flights for 5 (....thanks Blake!).

The venue is the Gotha Club, which was used for the first time last year. This is in the Rivazzura region of Rimini (between Bellariva and Miramere). Last year I had posted up some maps and hotels to help the English-speaking travellers, so will see if the organisers want that up again.

Might check this out.

Another fantastic night at Boomerang on Saturday Maria. Its quickly becoming a firm fav for me, music of the highest calibre!!

really glad you enjoyed it! But I don't want anybody thinking we're organising Rimini :lol:

Like us, they do book Arthur Fenn as their regular dj (since their first weekender in 2002), so that's why I know the Rimini date and some of the plans for 2009 - plus I've been talking to one of the Italian organisers (Simone), as we and the Burke's have all become good friends with him over the years.

The Italians are really working hard on this one ...with some new ideas that sound pretty exciting.

This event is NOT a free-for-all on the decks - as they will be inviting all the dj's this year (given a growing problem). I hope everyone can respect this - as this will help eveyone enjoy a special event. Guess we'll hear the full lineup soon.

Can't wait for that sunshine and sand. We Aussie girls don't survive well in the UK weather :wave:

m

hey paul, if you do go and tell the locals about your torch & twisted wheel days, they will love you forever

if you have a tattoo to prove it you will be the don of italy :(

went to rimini 2002, lovely hotel, beach, food and to top it of there was the ferrari owners club in town

oh yeh didnt really like the music policy hence havnt been since!!! just my opinion

twisted wheel... :wave: I'm 53 not 73... :lol:

They're not officially advertising it yet :shhh:

The venue is the Gotha Club, which was used for the first time last year. This is in the Rivazzura region of Rimini (between Bellariva and Miramere). Last year I had posted up some maps and hotels to help the English-speaking travellers, so will see if the organisers want that up again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up on the flights.... got a real bargain. This will be my first visit and really looking forward to it, see ya all there. :wicked:

Edited by philly

They're not officially advertising it yet :wave:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up on the flights.... got a real bargain. This will be my first visit and really looking forward to it, see ya all there. :P

Phillis where you flying from I looked at east midlands but a bit of a drive from Aberdeen Belmont 28th??

Phillis where you flying from I looked at east midlands but a bit of a drive from Aberdeen Belmont 28th??

From East Midlands Tony..... Friday 17 - Tuesday 21st, will try for cheap train from Dundee to airport, dont know if I can make it tomorrow, depends on weather. If not hope you all have a great night.

Phyllis

Edited by philly

From East Midlands Tony..... Friday 17 - Tuesday 21st, will try for cheap train from Dundee to airport, dont know if I can make it tomorrow, depends on weather. If not hope you all have a great night.

Phyllis

East Midlands for us too, right into Rimini biggrin.gif . Just to add we have Mr Cliffe Steele as a guest this year along with some top names from mainland Europe so its going to be fun all the way. If you,ve not been before the club is perfect, glass doors at 1 end and when the sun rises Wow! lots of great affordable hotels very close too. Seems a long time to wait tho with all this snow about sad.gif , Arthur.

East Midlands for us too, right into Rimini biggrin.gif . Just to add we have Mr Cliffe Steele as a guest this year along with some top names from mainland Europe so its going to be fun all the way. If you,ve not been before the club is perfect, glass doors at 1 end and when the sun rises Wow! lots of great affordable hotels very close too. Seems a long time to wait tho with all this snow about sad.gif , Arthur.

Really looking forward to it, last time it was my first and I had marvelous time, see the sunrise on the beach while listening to Archie Hodge and Roy Roberts "I know what to do.." is more or less the idea of heaven I have biggrin.gif

A list of hotels would be very helpful, if anyone can post this up. thumbsup.gif

Thanks

Phyllis

Edited by philly

Hello Tony you can get a flight from Aberdeen to East Mids with Eastern Airways its a wee bit expensive (about £150 return) but it saves a long drive

Harry

A list of hotels would be very helpful, if anyone can post this up. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Phyllis

I wouldn't rush with the hotels yet, as there is a recession on and they may improve deals. Plus, it's surrounded by hotels and many booked late.

The venue GOTHA CLUB is located at

Viale Regina Margherita, 52

47900 RIVAZZURRA DI RIMINI [map link here]

I posted this load up last year and will update the hotel website links soon:

HOTEL NORD EST *** superior

Viale Regina Margherita, 50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOTEL DE FRANCE ***(*)

Viale Regina Margherita, 48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOTEL GRAND MEETING *** superior

Viale Regina Margherita, 46

HOTEL SOMBRERO *** superior

Viale Regina Margherita, 44

HELIOS HOTEL ****

Viale Bergamo, 1

HOTEL SAN FRANCISCO ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 42

HOTEL DUSSELDORF ***

Via Bergamo 5

HOTEL LIVERPOOL

Via Bergamo 8

HOTEL NELSON ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 40

PLAZA HOTEL ***

Viale Biella 10

HOTEL ARTIDE ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 30/A

HOTEL REGINA ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 76

HOTEL FABER CHRISTIAN *** superior

Via Lecce, 4/6

HOTEL TOURING ****

Viale Regina Margherita, 82

...plus more!

This is the RIMINI SOUL WEEKENDER myspace account [ webLINK ]

m

Edited by Maria O

Links to booking flights can be found [ HERE ]

Fly from Bristol, East Midlands, London Stanstead - and in the summer (but been a bit pricey in the past), from Manchester.

It also says Luton, but can't find that one on the Easyjet website. Sometimes routes get added early in the year.

m

Edited by Maria O
Guest Charity Case

Links to booking flights can be found [ HERE ]

Fly from Bristol, East Midlands, London Stanstead - and in the summer (but been a bit pricey in the past), from Manchester.

It also says Luton, but can't find that one on the Easyjet website. Sometimes routes get added early in the year.

m

think its ryanair from luton, dont think easyjet fly out from luton - I might be wrong?!

I wouldn't rush with the hotels yet, as there is a recession on and they may improve deals. Plus, it's surrounded by hotels and many booked late.

The venue GOTHA CLUB is located at

Viale Regina Margherita, 52

47900 RIVAZZURRA DI RIMINI [map link here]

I posted this load up last year and will update the hotel website links soon:

HOTEL NORD EST *** superior

Viale Regina Margherita, 50

HOTEL DE FRANCE ***(*)

Viale Regina Margherita, 48

HOTEL GRAND MEETING *** superior

Viale Regina Margherita, 46

HOTEL SOMBRERO *** superior

Viale Regina Margherita, 44

HELIOS HOTEL ****

Viale Bergamo, 1

HOTEL SAN FRANCISCO ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 42

HOTEL DUSSELDORF ***

Via Bergamo 5

HOTEL LIVERPOOL

Via Bergamo 8

HOTEL NELSON ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 40

PLAZA HOTEL ***

Viale Biella 10

HOTEL ARTIDE ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 30/A

HOTEL REGINA ***

Viale Regina Margherita, 76

HOTEL FABER CHRISTIAN *** superior

Via Lecce, 4/6

HOTEL TOURING ****

Viale Regina Margherita, 82

...plus more!

m

Thanks Maria, like you say will hold off with booking until nearer the time.

Regards

Phyllis

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know who is on the bill DJ wise this year?

Steve

off their website

"Djs confirmed so far: our resident ARTHUR FENN and both for the first time in Italy CLIFF STEELE from England and THORSTEN WEGNER from Germany, along with five italian djs to be announced soon. Expect to hear anything from 60's R&B and northern soul to 70's/crossover and modern soul."

• 2 weeks later...

off their website

"Djs confirmed so far: our resident ARTHUR FENN and both for the first time in Italy CLIFF STEELE from England and THORSTEN WEGNER from Germany, along with five italian djs to be announced soon. Expect to hear anything from 60's R&B and northern soul to 70's/crossover and modern soul."

Any news? Can't wait..

Any news? Can't wait..

Hi,

I've just received a copy of the draft flyer (the English version) from our Italian friends, which goes to print next week and is sure to hit the UK shortly after. Just need to check the text translates well, but basically the info is the same:....

VENUE: THE GOTHA CLUB (all events)

FRIDAY NIGHT ALLNITER - 15 Euros (with 1st drink)

SATURDAY ALLNITER - 15 Euros (ditto)

SUNDAY night (mini niter) - free entry

+

Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon/dinner time bar sessions with djs, cocktails, food and record dealers welcome (free entry)

...and the front page reads:

Gambettola Soul city proudly presents the 8th Rimini Rare Soul Weekender

July 17th - 18th - 19th 2009

three days of sea, sun and soul heaven

@ Gotha Club, viale Regina Margherita, 52 - Rimini

Playing the finest in 60's R&B, Northern, Modern & Crossover Soul

with top rare soul jocks spinning the sounds

Arthur Fenn (UK)

Cliff Steele (UK)

Thorsten Wegner (D)

Carlo Campaiola (I)

Luca De Palma (I)

Giulio Bresin (I)

Francesco Magnanini (I)

Alfredo Maddaloni (I)

Simone Ceccarelli (resident)

Cristian Riviera (resident)

====

Just wanted to add :- For those that have seen another venue advertised in Rimini on the same weekend, that other one has nothing to do with the Italian weekender above, which has been held annually since 2002. Obvioulsy these guys from the UK who have set up their own event last year, have upset a few.

m

Guest TIKIKOBI

Hi,

I've just received a copy of the draft flyer (the English version) from our Italian friends, which goes to print next week and is sure to hit the UK shortly after. Just need to check the text translates well, but basically the info is the same:....

VENUE: THE GOTHA CLUB (all events)

FRIDAY NIGHT ALLNITER - 15 Euros (with 1st drink)

SATURDAY ALLNITER - 15 Euros (ditto)

SUNDAY night (mini niter) - free entry

+

Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon/dinner time bar sessions with djs, cocktails, food and record dealers welcome (free entry)

...and the front page reads:

Gambettola Soul city proudly presents the 8th Rimini Rare Soul Weekender

July 17th - 18th - 19th 2009

three days of sea, sun and soul heaven

@ Gotha Club, viale Regina Margherita, 52 - Rimini

Playing the finest in 60's R&B, Northern, Modern & Crossover Soul

with top rare soul jocks spinning the sounds

Arthur Fenn (UK)

Cliff Steele (UK)

Thorsten Wegner (D)

Carlo Campaiola (I)

Luca De Palma (I)

Giulio Bresin (I)

Francesco Magnanini (I)

Alfredo Maddaloni (I)

Simone Ceccarelli (resident)

Cristian Riviera (resident)

====

Just wanted to add :- For those that have seen another venue advertised in Rimini on the same weekend, that other one has nothing to do with the Italian weekender above, which has been held annually since 2002. Obvioulsy these guys from the UK who have set up their own event last year, have upset a few.

m

Hi there - I just want to comment that if your talking about the do at the 'Rose and Crown' - IT DID NOT CLASH WITH YOUR WEEKENDER. I have been coming to the weekender for the last 5 years and last year it was a great idea for the music to be extending into the week - some of us come out for a weeks holiday - some great sunshine and have the added bonus of some great tunes. Last year was a first, what a surprise to find across the board playing during the week for a chill out session and then onto the Club Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the weekender and dance the night away - great idea, but apparently not! I had a fantasic week and enjoyed every bit of it. I've asked the question if the Rose & Crown is going to play again, and dates mentioned are TUESDAY 14, WEDNESAY 15 and THURSDAY 16 with a possibility for MONDAY 20 - AGAIN NO CLASH. It's only a pub, somewhere to listen and chill. I myself was very excited that I would have another week, jammed packed listening to the music I love. But maybe I won't and I would be sorry if this is the case. sad.gif