Assembly Of Soul - Sat 31st Jan 2009

Briles

For those who don't know, we're now running our Soul Nights in Leamington at the Assembly. Music policy is the same, a mix of quality Northern and Motown, played to the dancefloor. DJ's are WSC regulars Hitsville Chalky, Frankie, myself Burnley Dave, and guests this month are Sandi and Harpo from the West Mids.

We have one of the very finest venues, we attract a mixed crowd who are up for dancing on a large wooden floor, and the venue is enhanced by a massive sound system. It's a fiver in, and all are welcome.

Best, Dave and Jak.

post-1408-1231970336_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Views 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sandi and i are looking forward to playing at Leamington this month, it will be our first visit to what we've been told is a fantastic venue, with an awsome sound system to boot.

We've not been able to get out a lot since christmas, so we have had lots of time to search through the boxes at home and find out some nice bits for you to listen to.

See you all there

Paul and Sandi

Another top night with Guests Sandi and Harpo , top venue and what a awesome sound system .

We have checked out the venues web site, and it looks a fantastic venue, with pictures from past nights indicating a fantastic turn out

Can't wait to play there

Paul 'n' Sandi

It looks like we will be coming down late afternoon, and if the feedback we've had pans out with a few mates in tow.

Looking forward to a night out in an area that i havent visited a great deal, other than for work, since the Cov, all-dayers, and odd nighters i did for Tim and Nial back in the 80's.

Sandi and i will cram in as many tunes as our little cars can safely hold, with the emphasis on quality oldies and a spattering of motown thrown in, so we can hopefully give the dancers what they want.

See you Saturday

Paul n Sandi

It looks like we will be coming down late afternoon, and if the feedback we've had pans out with a few mates in tow.

Looking forward to a night out in an area that i havent visited a great deal, other than for work, since the Cov, all-dayers, and odd nighters i did for Tim and Nial back in the 80's.

Sandi and i will cram in as many tunes as our little cars can safely hold, with the emphasis on quality oldies and a spattering of motown thrown in, so we can hopefully give the dancers what they want.

See you Saturday

Paul n Sandi

Hey Harpo, plenty of good curry joints and loads of restaurants if that's yer plan. Great town to look around as well.

Personally bought loads of great records ready for this nite to add to the other quality stuff in the box. Will post the DJ times a bit later this week when all is confirmed. But you're right Harpo, music played to dancers, not chinstrokers at this particular lol :lol: trying to get some off the younger crowd hooked on our ways and our music, beside looking after the older crowd and people in the middle.

Best, Dave

Have a good night Dave. The last one was quite a packer, we enjoyed the night with some great tunes being played at your new venue. As you know, can't make this one mate. Catch up with you soon.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Catch up soon as you say Charlie, have a good nite tonite.

DJ times

8.00-8.45 Sandi

8.45-9.30 Frankie

9.30-10.15 Hitsville Chalky

10.15-11.00 Harpo

11.00-12.00 Burnley Dave

12.00-1.00 Hitsville Chalky

Yes 2 slots for our brilliant res DJ. Looking forward to hearing the Sandi and Harpo spots too. Best, Dave.

Edited by Briles