Eli 'paperboy'reed

Guest BabyHuey

Guest BabyHuey

How do I embed videos? The embedded code from Youtube doesn't seem to work on this forum.

Anyway, good session by Eli Reed.

Edited by BabyHuey
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Craig A Butler

How do I embed videos? The embedded code from Youtube doesn't seem to work on this forum.

Anyway, good session by Eli Reed.

Went to see Eli in Leeds in november & he was awesome.

ATB, craig

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Check out his cd, top buy of 2008 for me and i even emailed his recording company to ask if they intended to put anything out on vinyl but got the answer no, a real taste of 60s Stax/Atlantic to his sounds for a young chap but you can imagine what his influences were.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

i even emailed his recording company to ask if they intended to put anything out on vinyl but got the answer no,

The album is available as a vinyl LP now:

https://search.cartserver.com/search/search...erboy&go=GO!

And he's also got two 7"s out:

"Take My Love With You" b/w "Am I Just Fooling Myself"

and

"The Satisfier" b/w "It's Easier"

Caught him live in Malmoe, Sweden a couple of months ago and he was awesome! Top stuff! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Check out his cd, top buy of 2008 for me and i even emailed his recording company to ask if they intended to put anything out on vinyl but got the answer no, a real taste of 60s Stax/Atlantic to his sounds for a young chap but you can imagine what his influences were.

cheers Ralph

Saw him a few times last year and had a chat with him, great guy and he really is into the music. He's a big Kip Anderson fan and a friend of mitty Collier.

Social source share

Guest Craig A Butler

Saw him a few times last year and had a chat with him, great guy and he really is into the music. He's a big Kip Anderson fan and a friend of mitty Collier.

He used to play organ in Mitty's church while at University.

ATB, Craig

Social source share

Caught him live in Malmoe, Sweden a couple of months ago and he was awesome! Top stuff! :huh:

I had the pleasure to be his support DJ at his recent Berlin gig in November...that night he also played a brillinat tune that is intended to be his third 45!

Great musician! Knows his stuff and collects himself (mainly Deep)!

Marc

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Hi Sebastian

Cheers for the info on the vinyl releases, they are now on my shopping list, it just makes me wonder if i was not the only one that got in touch with his record company for them to now put the stuff out on vinyl now.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Guest thierry

LP + the 2 45s + limited EP from this page (the Satisfier 7" , did not seem to appear on the page that Sebastian posted) .

https://www.qdivisionrecords.com/store/

saw him 3 times last year , Brilliant !

one show at Dour festival in Belgium during the summer , a wild and frantic soul show .

Top class at my monthly Dyn-O-mite night in Gent / Belgium, WHAT A SHOW !

and a few weeks later in Nottingham, many technical problems , so they decided to do a lot of soul ballads . Nice !

really looking forward to hear some new stuff and see him again on stage !

here is some earlier stuff

https://cdbaby.com/cd/elireed

Social source share

Guest thierry

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your kind words, I certainly appreciate it from the knowledgeable people on this board. Marc, the next 45 will be our version of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and just for you guys here are mp3s of the A and B sides:

Ace of Spades

I'm Gonna Break Every Heart I Can

Feel free to comment!

-Eli

will definitely give the Ace of speeds some spins at the Dyn-O-mite nights .

just for the anoraks : Lemmy from Motorhead was the guitarist of a band called The Motown Sect during the sixties .

Edited by thierry
Social source share

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your kind words, I certainly appreciate it from the knowledgeable people on this board. Marc, the next 45 will be our version of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and just for you guys here are mp3s of the A and B sides:

Ace of Spades

I'm Gonna Break Every Heart I Can

Feel free to comment!

-Eli

Hi Eli,

I went to the gig on london last week, had a great time. A lot busier than the last time you were over on your own.

Loved your version of the Roger Hatcher -I got caught makin love.

See you again soon

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!