Soulvation Newquay Soul'n'surf Weekender April 17-19

This year's Soulvation Soul'n'Surf Weekender @ Newquay takes place from Friday April 17 through to Sunday April 19.

Music will again be at The Griffin Hotel and all rooms at The Griffin have already sold out.

We have extra accomodation at the nearby Great Western Hotel which has recently been refurbished.

Weekend Passes are £20, and 2 nights accomodation at The Great Western including breakfast and Weekend Pass is available for just £89 if paid for by March 27, after that it is £99.

The £89 can be paid for in one go or deposit of £40 and balance of £49 by March 27.

Music will again be Rare Soul/Northern downstairs at The Griffin and Modern/Alternative upstairs.

DJ line up to be announced soon on the web site - www.soulvation.biz.

Can take payments by cheque or Pay Pal (no extra change!)

Anybody wanting more info please PM me. Newquay has got the reputation as "the friendly weekender", the music played is always top notch and you have the added attraction of Cornwall. Hope to see a lot of people there - we will have a Spanish contingent as well as the usual Brits this time..

All the Best,

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1
  • Replies 144
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This year's Soulvation Soul'n'Surf Weekender @ Newquay takes place from Friday April 17 through to Sunday April 19.

Music will again be at The Griffin Hotel and all rooms at The Griffin have already sold out.

We have extra accomodation at the nearby Great Western Hotel which has recently been refurbished.

Weekend Passes are £20, and 2 nights accomodation at The Great Western including breakfast plus Weekend Pass is available for just £89 if paid for by March 27, after that it is £99.

The £89 can be paid for in one go or deposit of £40 and balance of £49 by March 27.

Music will again be Rare Soul/Northern downstairs at The Griffin and Modern/Alternative upstairs.

DJ line up to be announced soon on the web site - www.soulvation.biz.

Can take payments by cheque or Pay Pal (no extra change!)

Anybody wanting more info please PM me. Newquay has got the reputation as "the friendly weekender", the music played is always top notch and you have the added attraction of Cornwall. Hope to see a lot of people there - we will have a Spanish contingent as well as the usual Brits this time..

All the Best,

Neil

g.gif .. I missed this last year and had a fab time the year before.

£89 for 2 nights accom?... £20 for weekender pass and you're holding it at my favourite place in the world....

Neil, You make it so hard to resist!. biggrin.gif

See you guys there!.

Jayne.x

:huh: .. I missed this last year and had a fab time the year before.

£89 for 2 nights accom?... £20 for weekender pass and you're holding it at my favourite place in the world....

Neil, You make it so hard to resist!. :huh:

See you guys there!.

Jayne.x

Jayne,

The £89 includes 2 nights accomodation and the weekender pass....with the credit crunch on wanted to make it even better value for money than usual.

Neil

Looks like it is going to be a good one - was expecting people to want to wait until details are announced on the Soulvation web site before booking but instead have had people booking now.

Weekend Passes are £20 each

Hotel for 2 nights inc breakfast and Weekend Passes package is £89 if paid by March 27, £99 after.

If you want the £89 deal you can pay in full now,or a deposit of £40 secures it.

Pay Pal payments to - sales@soulvation.biz

If you want to pay by cheque PM me for details.

Thanks,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Guest stash313

Really looking forward to this Neil.

Should be an excellent weekend, the last time we were in Newquay this was one of the highlights. Sure it'll be the same this year.

My first posting might have been a bit misleading, have now edited it, but just to be clear

Weekend Passes Alone - £20

Package for 2 nights (breakfast included) at Great Western with weekend pass included is just £89 per person sharing twin or double room room if paid for by March 27.

www.soulvation.biz

Great news that this is on again this year,havent missed one yet best weekender in the uk (imho).

Hope the weather is as good as 07,really cant recomend this highly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to me first Soul n Surf!! :thumbup:

Torchboy x

yey!, excellent news Nige.

We had another 6 people decided to book for this at weekend so it looks like they'll be quite a few of us from the north west heading down.

Jayne.x :lol:

Guest Dr Pickles

We attended this weekender 2yrs ago and had a fantastic time.

We stayed at the Great Western with it's cliff top location and stunning views. The Griffin pub where the do's are held was brilliant. It had large basement room with it's own bar and and a great dancefloor. The seating area worked really well and it soon had everyone mixing together and just having a laugh, dance or just listening to some fantastic sounds.

Can't wait to DJ with this lot and with the likes of Pete Lyster and Nige Brown I'll be spending most of my time dancing :

MICK H

PETE LYSTER

ADY LUPTON

NIGE BROWN

ADY HEANEY

DAVID SANTIAGO (SPAIN)

PETE HULLAT

DR PICKLES

NEIL RUSHTON

TONY BOWD

JOHN FISHER

SEAN LIVESEY

Newquay has loads to offer, especially good to have a coffee down by the beach for clearing the head in the morning. We found ourselves jumping in the car and running the coast road during the day. Had a brilliant time visiting places like Padstow. There are some breath taking views along the coast road. Having said that one of the best views was from the breakfast room or the beer garden of the Great Western Hotel, out over the bay.

If you fancy a relaxed weekender to hear some fantastic sounds in a beautiful part of the country you should give this a go.

But keep it to yourself :thumbup:

Hope to see you there

Doc

harbour-hotel-lrg.jpg

Details for this would have been up on Soulvation web site by now but Glenn (Joe Boy) who does the site is unfortunately in hospital and out of action for the moment. He's fed up at being stuck in there and all being well he will be up and about soon.

Have had to go back to Great Western for more rooms so looks like being the busiest one yet.

Just spoken to Great Western so here's the latest info.

1 - Griffin - all rooms gone.

2 - Great Western - We have taken all the available STANDARD single rooms and double rooms...ones with sea views, premium rooms, doubles all cost more.

We have 2 singles left. Hotel book rate for single is £67.50 a night including breakfast, we are offering them @ £55 a night,. ie £110 for 2 nights plus weekend pass £20, would love to be able to offer better deal but not possible.

Standard double, have just 10 left to sell. Hotel book rate is £70 per room (ie for a couple, no more than 2 adults allowed to stay in room Hotel policy) plus £7.50 each for breakfast, so over 2 nights it would cost each person £85. Our Hotel/Breakfast cost is £69.99 per person if booked by March 27, £79.99 after, but they are all going to be gone well before March 27. On top of this Weekend Pass is £20.

So, if you want a room then you need to Book asap. You can either pay the whole lot now or a deposit of £40 per person will secure your Room/Pass.

Either pay by PAY PAL to - sales@soulvation.biz or by cheque (PM me for details).

Thanks,

Neil

Guest spreaderone

Well got me coin flipped prestatyn or Newquay ,and blow me both sides says Newquay.so here we come,top line up of djs

it,s gonna be a cracker

spreader

Just spoken to Great Western so here's the latest info.

1 - Griffin - all rooms gone.

2 - Great Western - We have taken all the available STANDARD single rooms and double rooms...ones with sea views, premium rooms, doubles all cost more.

We have 2 singles left. Hotel book rate for single is £67.50 a night including breakfast, we are offering them @ £55 a night,. ie £110 for 2 nights plus weekend pass £20, would love to be able to offer better deal but not possible.

Standard double, have just 10 left to sell. Hotel book rate is £70 per room (ie for a couple, no more than 2 adults allowed to stay in room Hotel policy) plus £7.50 each for breakfast, so over 2 nights it would cost each person £85. Our Hotel/Breakfast cost is £69.99 per person if booked by March 27, £79.99 after, but they are all going to be gone well before March 27. On top of this Weekend Pass is £20.

So, if you want a room then you need to Book asap. You can either pay the whole lot now or a deposit of £40 per person will secure your Room/Pass.

Either pay by PAY PAL to - sales@soulvation.biz or by cheque (PM me for details).

Thanks,

Neil

:lol: I'm excited about this already..

Jayne.x

Guest stash313

Fantastic line up of DJ's ... Fantastic Location ... Cheap Weekend ...

What more could we want?

I personally think this could be a very special weekend, looking forward to spinning in the Modern room.

Shame its not next weekend! :)

Guest stash313

Must say I am pleasantly surprised at the response received already.

BTW Modern room is going to be proper Modern - not 70's Northern. Details TBA on web site asap.

Going to be a cracking weekender.

Neil

www.soulvatiion.biz

Sounds good to me Mr Rushton...

Fantastic line up of DJ's ... Fantastic Location ... Cheap Weekend ...

What more could we want?

I personally think this could be a very special weekend, looking forward to spinning in the Modern room.

Shame its not next weekend! :(

Cheap weekend?... you mean more cash to buy my drinks?..

I remember discovering Sabai, lime & vodka cocktails last time we were there. :)

Jayne.x

Guest stash313

Cheap weekend?... you mean more cash to buy my drinks?..

I remember discovering Sabai, lime & vodka cocktails last time we were there. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x

mmmmm,

Yeah something like that. :thumbsup:

Yes I remember that as well, well vaguely until my head began to hurt...

Good times.

Guest welshruss

Jayne..........Sean answer your txt,s ..........................who,s driving then,me i suppose.

oooooeerrrr missus thats let the cat out the bag.

There's only a finite number of standard rooms available at The Great Western.We have taken all of them from Hotel and they are selling fast. Once they are gone the only rooms left are more expensive alternatives.

Have posted details and prices before, but if there's 2 of you sharing twin or double and you want to obtain a Room/Weekender Pass package at the value for money price of £89 per person then to secure it you need to reserve it by paying £40 deposit per person.

You can pay via Pay Pal to - sales@soulvation.biz

or Cheque (PM me for info).

Thanks,

Neil

Had enquires about flights that fit in with the Weekender dates.

Here's a bit of info:

From London -RyanAir

Stansted to Newquay, Friday April 17 - £26.05

Newquay to Stansted, Sunday April 19 - £19.85

----------------------------------------------

From London - Air South West

Gatwick to Newquay, Friday April 17 - £49

Newquay to Gatwick, Sunday April 19 - £49

------------------------

From Edinburgh flybe.

Edinburgh to Newquay,Thursday April 16 - £33.39

Newquay to Edinburgh, Sunday April 19 - £33.99

-------------------------

Air South West also have following available

Glasgow to Newquay,Friday April 17 - £70

Newquay to Glasgow,Sunday April 19 - £90

---------------------------------

Manchester to Newquay, Friday April 17 - £70

Newquay to Manchester, Sunday April 19 - £70

-----------------------------

Leeds/Bradford to Newquay, Friday April 17 - £70

Newquay to Leeds/Bradford, Sunday April 19 - £90

It's a short journey from the Airport to Newquay itself, and if you want to there's a very easy diversion via Jamie Oliver's 15 Restaurant at Watergate Bay.

All the Best,

Neil

anyone not been to this weekender before,get down this april,you will not be dissapointed,

there is hell of a possi from Notts ,Spain.London Manchester coming

so roll on april

best

Mick H

Guest stash313

Added to the DJ line up for the Modern Room - TERRY JONES.

Excellent news re: Terry, always a pleasure to play alongside him.

This weekend keeps getting better and better.

The rooms at the Great Western are going fast. These are all the standard rooms so once these have gone, any others available will be more expensive.

The early bird package for Friday and Saturday night bed and breakfast @ The Great Westrn and music pass@ The Griffin is £89.

On the hotel rate card the bed and breakfast would cost £85 each for a couple for the 2 nights. and the Weekend Pass is £20 so that's a total of £105 - so £89 is good value.

To secure this rate you need to pay a deposit of £40 each.

Payment via pay pal to sales@soulvation.biz or by cheque (PM me for info).

Balance to be paid by March 27.

Thanks,

Neil

PS - 2 DJ's to be added to already announced list.

Music schedule is

Friday evening - "Welcome To The Weekender" party in Northern and Modern Rooms

Saturday afternoon - Northern - Rarest Of The Rare, Modern - Jazz Funk Classics

Saturday evening - Northern and Modern Rooms

Sunday All-Dayer - In the Cellar Bar.

Guest stash313

Top DJs, Top Collections , Top Geezers

Top Banana

Torchboy!

Definately,

I think this may be one of those weekends of the year at this rate...

Big plus point having Steve Woomble on the modern room, along with Terry they make me look much better... LOL

tongue.gif

Guest stash313

post-8974-1234187360_thumb.png

Has anybody been watching "Wakey Wakey" on TV about the old skool holiday camps?

Wheelbarrow racing on the beach underneath The Griffin/Great Western anyone?

Not sure about asking Mick H and Nige B to wear those pink blazers though..........

I saw something similair a couple of years ago on Ch4 the history of them, unsure wether its the same thing.

I think they would both look dashing in them!

biggrin.gif

I think this may be one of those weekends of the year at this rate...

Big plus point having Steve Woomble on the modern room, along with Terry they make me look much better... LOL

:D

Ooo you cheeky monkey :thumbsup: Very accurate though! :D

The only time I've ever been to Newquay before was one July years ago. And it was thick fog. Just thought I'd mention it.

BTW, is the surfing compulsory? I don't do 'the sea'..........

Louby's got a wet-suit though and knows all about them kind of things. But that's another story.

Has anybody been watching "Wakey Wakey" on TV about the old skool holiday camps?

Not sure about asking Mick H and Nige B to wear those pink blazers though..........

If You find one big enuff ---- il wear it!!!

You are awful but i like you cupcake!!

Nxxxx

now steady on neil,might were mr rab c nesbitt vest instead

mick

Hi Neil,

Really looking forward to the weekend and spinning a few tunes for you. Mick has been banging on at me for ages now to come this year. So Lorraine and I will be coming down with the Madhatters from Notts. :cheese1:

All the best

Molly

Guest stash313

Info for the Weekender now on-line on web site

www.soulvation.biz

Any queries just contact me - PM or to - neilrushton2@btinternet.com

Thanks,

Neil

Websites looking good neil! :thumbsup: