Soulvation Newquay Soul'n'surf Weekender April 17-19

• Replies 144
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Details for this would have been up on Soulvation web site by now but Glenn (Joe Boy) who does the site is unfortunately in hospital and out of action for the moment. He's fed up at being stuck in there and all being well he will be up and about soon.

Have had to go back to Great Western for more rooms so looks like being the busiest one yet.

Hi Neil,

I see the Newquay info's up on the website now and I can use the site. :thumbsup:

Soulvation website's looking good, seeing the pics is getting me excited. :g:

Jayne.x

We're really looking forward to this one! First time for me but all reports I've heard are great. Thanks for asking us to play Neil.

We've decided to stay the Sunday too incase we don't get time over the weekend to sample all the local drinking establishments...

Got some of our Spanish brethren flying in with us from Gatwick but 2 of them are flying in to Bristol Friday around 4.30pm & returning sunday eve or afternoon. The only option they have so far is a taxi which is gonna turn out very dear! So if anyone's passing Bristol airport Fri & Sun with a couple of spaces for a lovely young Spanish couple & fancies making a few quid in petrol money I know they'd be very grateful!

Let me know if you might be able to help?

Thanks & look forward to seeing you soon,

ady

All rooms at The Griffin sold out.

Rooms allocated to us at The Great Western almost gone...if you want to take advantage of the £89 package please reserve it asap.

Great support for this, going to be a brilliant Weekender. Let's hope we have the weather to go with the music - good news is that we normally do!

Neil

All Newquay info up now on the web site

www.soulvation.biz

Guest stash313

All rooms at The Griffin sold out.

Rooms allocated to us at The Great Western almost gone...if you want to take advantage of the £89 package please reserve it asap.

Great support for this, going to be a brilliant Weekender. Let's hope we have the weather to go with the music - good news is that we normally do!

Neil

All Newquay info up now on the web site

www.soulvation.biz

I'm chuffed to bits this weekend is proving so popular, it may be just what is needed after the last few months of doom and gloom. biggrin.gif

Want to come - have threatened by death by Mick if I don't but its all money dependant and whether I can buy event tickets closer the time. One thing its assured to be is mental with the look of the folk attending :thumbup::thumbsup:

Very few standard rooms @ Great Western now left.

The deal is 89 for two nights in standard rooms @ Great Western including full Cornish breakfast and weekend pass...but subject to availability and most of the standard twins/doubles have gone.

So if you are thinking of taking advantage of this offer get in touch asap, you will need to pay 50 deposit per person now and the balance by March 28.

Weekend passes are 20 each which includes sessions on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and evening and Sunday All-Dayer.

Lots of people staying over to take in the Sunday.

Lots of people booking who have not been to Newquay Weekender before so is going to be a good 'un.

Full details/book securely on line via Credit/Debit Cards/Pay Pal - go to www.soulvation.biz

Thanks,

Neil

PS - For our London area visitors, Ryan Air last night offering Stansted to Newquay on Thursday April 16 for a fiver. Return on the Monday for same amount. No taxes or extra charges.

Guest stash313

Very few standard rooms @ Great Western now left.

The deal is 89 for two nights in standard rooms @ Great Western including full Cornish breakfast and weekend pass...but subject to availability and most of the standard twins/doubles have gone.

So if you are thinking of taking advantage of this offer get in touch asap, you will need to pay 50 deposit per person now and the balance by March 28.

Weekend passes are 20 each which includes sessions on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and evening and Sunday All-Dayer.

Lots of people staying over to take in the Sunday.

Lots of people booking who have not been to Newquay Weekender before so is going to be a good 'un.

Full details/book securely on line via Credit/Debit Cards/Pay Pal - go to www.soulvation.biz

Thanks,

Neil

PS - For our London area visitors, Ryan Air last night offering Stansted to Newquay on Thursday April 16 for a fiver. Return on the Monday for same amount. No taxes or extra charges.

It's all looking good Neil, just received flyers.

Really well done! :ohmy:

post-8974-1235990283_thumb.png

See above ad for banner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have gone back to The Great Western for more rooms because of demand.

We now have available

5 x Doubles

6 x Twins

1 x Single

Once they have gone that's it - we have taken all the available standard rooms, and none of the more expensive rooms are available.

Music passes are 20 pounds each, again for info and to book go to the web site.

Payments can be made Pay Pal/Credit Card/Debit Cards - all to sales@soulvation.biz or by cheque, all info on the web site.

All info on how to book, please go to the web site - www.soulvation.biz

Thanks,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

We now have available

5 x Doubles

6 x Twins

1 x Single

Once they have gone that's it - we have taken all the available standard rooms, and none of the more expensive rooms are available.

Payments can be made Pay Pal/Credit Card/Debit Cards - all to sales@soulvation.biz or by cheque, all info on the web site.

Thanks,

Neil

HOTEL/WEEKEND PASS PACKAGES - ROOMS AT GREAT WESTERN GOING FAST - IF YOU WANT TO GRAB ONE YOU NEED TO MOVE FAST.

WEEKEND PASSES WITHOUT HOTELS MOVING FAST TOO - IF WE HAVE GREAT MUSIC TO GO WITH THE GREAT MUSIC THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS OF THE YEAR. AM REALLY PLEASED WITH THE DJ LINE UP, THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS FOR AGREEING TO GET INVOLVED.

Guest Catfish

I've got this sorted out, looking forward to it (and the 6 days in Cornwall beforehand)

For reasonably priced accommodation, try these:

www.surflodge.co.uk £8 - £20 a night pp, depending what you book (including breakfast).

www.originalbackpackers.co.uk £10 - £20 pppnight, depending what / when booked.

They don't just have dorms- there are twin rooms / doubles etc. also.

Edited by Catfish
Guest stash313

We now have available

5 x Doubles

6 x Twins

1 x Single

Thanks,

Neil

HOTEL/WEEKEND PASS PACKAGES - ROOMS AT GREAT WESTERN GOING FAST - IF YOU WANT TO GRAB ONE YOU NEED TO MOVE FAST.

WEEKEND PASSES WITHOUT HOTELS MOVING FAST TOO - IF WE HAVE GREAT MUSIC TO GO WITH THE GREAT MUSIC THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS OF THE YEAR. AM REALLY PLEASED WITH THE DJ LINE UP, THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS FOR AGREEING TO GET INVOLVED.

Great news Neil, they should be gone in no time. The buzz on this one seems to be building nicely.

From my point of view its a pleasure to be asked and am really looking forward to playing for one of the most receptive crowds in the country.

Guest stash313

I've got this sorted out, looking forward to it (and the 6 days in Cornwall beforehand)

For reasonably priced accommodation, try these:

www.surflodge.co.uk £8 - £20 a night pp, depending what you book (including breakfast).

www.originalbackpackers.co.uk £10 - £20 pppnight, depending what / when booked.

They don't just have dorms- there are twin rooms / doubles etc. also.

Some nice deals there Cat Fish and of course plenty of decent accomodation in Newquay if you don't manage to get into the Great Western.

Mentioned on here before about two of our close friends from Barcelona needing a lift if possible to or from(or both unsure.gif ) Bristol airport.

Have managed to get them a lift back on Sunday thanks to the lovely Hannah & Hackett cabs but am still trying to get them a lift down Friday eve.

They arrive Bristol airport Friday at 3.30pm so could probably be out of the airport by 4pm.

If anyone is gonna be passing remotely near there on their way down that afternoon/eve they would really appreciate a lift & would happily pay someone the petrol money & a little more I'm sure... as a taxi was their next option but that will cost a fortune!

We looked into getting the train but it was such a convoluted nightmare we gave up on that.

There's only two of them by the way,their a couple & very nice! And their staying in The Griffin so you wouldn't have to go out of your way once in Newquay.

So if you got a couple of spaces in your car,van,camper..

want to make a few quid? Help some nice folk out? Or might know a man who can?

Then please do get in touch.

Cheers,

Ady

Guest stash313

Mentioned on here before about two of our close friends from Barcelona needing a lift if possible to or from(or both unsure.gif ) Bristol airport.

Have managed to get them a lift back on Sunday thanks to the lovely Hannah & Hackett cabs but am still trying to get them a lift down Friday eve.

They arrive Bristol airport Friday at 3.30pm so could probably be out of the airport by 4pm.

If anyone is gonna be passing remotely near there on their way down that afternoon/eve they would really appreciate a lift & would happily pay someone the petrol money & a little more I'm sure... as a taxi was their next option but that will cost a fortune!

We looked into getting the train but it was such a convoluted nightmare we gave up on that.

There's only two of them by the way,their a couple & very nice! And their staying in The Griffin so you wouldn't have to go out of your way once in Newquay.

So if you got a couple of spaces in your car,van,camper..

want to make a few quid? Help some nice folk out? Or might know a man who can?

Then please do get in touch.

Cheers,

Ady

It isn't ideal Ady but there's a couple of flights from Bristol to Newquay, the flight takes 45 minutes and I think prices are around £29 per person.

Hi everyone

Just want to add the weather down here in cornwall is warming up nicely !! went to the beach Sunday

sun was warm biggrin.gif

It can only get warmer, so get yourselves down here for some sun sea surf and Soul :thumbsup:

see you there

Tony and Jo

Loads of people at Prestatyn say they are coming down to Newquay Weekender for the first time so it's definitely going to be the busiest Newquay yet.

If you are one of the people who has asked about going for the the package of Music Pass/2 nights at The Great Western for 89 pounds but have not booked yet then can you do so asap as there are more people asking about rooms than there are rooms left at Great Western.

If you have booked a Weekend pass. will be sent out today and tomorrow.

Thanks,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Hi everyone

Just want to add the weather down here in cornwall is warming up nicely !! went to the beach Sunday

sun was warm :yes:

It can only get warmer, so get yourselves down here for some sun sea surf and Soul :D

see you there

Tony and Jo

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TONE thumbup.gif:D LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

Guest stash313

Hi everyone

sun was warm :D

It can only get warmer, so get yourselves down here for some sun sea surf and Soul wink.gif

see you there

Tony and Jo

All sounding good then!

Hope the weather stays positive... :D

Guest stash313

Loads of people at Prestatyn say they are coming down to Newquay Weekender for the first time so it's definitely going to be the busiest Newquay yet.

If you are one of the people who has asked about going for the the package of Music Pass/2 nights at The Great Western for 89 pounds but have not booked yet then can you do so asap as there are more people asking about rooms than there are rooms left at Great Western.

If you have booked a Weekend pass. will be sent out today and tomorrow.

Thanks,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

There was a lot of buzz from what I saw on the Saturday at Prestatyn as well. I'm sure it'll continue.

Not long to go now.

One of the features about Newquay is that there's always a couple of records that comeout of leftfield and become big tunes over the weekend - not ultra rare or too obscure, just great records.

Here's my nominations for the next Weekender in the Northern Cellar Bar.

KEY TO MY HAPPINESS - THE MOMENTS (STANG)

SO MUCH TO ME - SHIRLEY LAWSON (ENTERPRISE)

Any suggestions from anyone else?

Neil

I took a look at the hotel today owwwwwwweee we are in for a treat , cream teas , fresh crab meat ,cornish pasties and an amazing soul weekend , can't wait !

I can't either.. you know this means it'll be over in a flash! :)

Jayne.x

One of the features about Newquay is that there's always a couple of records that comeout of leftfield and become big tunes over the weekend - not ultra rare or too obscure, just great records.

Neil

NOT ULTRA RARE - but I defy anyone to stand still when they're playing ;

- Steelers - just beinning to love you [ Carms a.k.a. ' the dirty dog ' record ]

- kenny gamble - ain't it baby

Neil

ONE FOR THE MODERN ROOM

LOVES IN TOWN - BRENDA BOYKIN - THIS COULD BE THE NEW, "THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE" - WAS A BEE /MARIO BIONDI

AND ONE FOR BOTH ROOMS

YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF - LLOYD PRICE - (ANOTHER CLASS VERSION OF THE BARBARA HALL, OLD MECCA CLASSIC)

Neil

A few from Torchboy

SATISFACTIONS-- USE ME -- SMASH Demo

WHEREVER MY HEART LEADS ME --- DOUG BANKS - C/U

JIMMY MOORE -- AND --- PESANTE

THE SOUL THREE -- TEMPTATION WALK -- OMEN Demo

VONTASTICS --- I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU-- CHESS Demo

Yes looking forward to this weekend!!

Torchboy x

Not long till the weekender,my first visit to Newquay.

Weathers on the up,loads of friends old and new will be going and im getting a taste for the good old west country cider.

Been asked to add a few that i'll be playing from my collection.

I never know what to pack in the box..

anything from

Mighty Marvellows to Johnny Rodgers..

Temptations to Tommy Ridgley..

Impressions to Groovettes..

from the underplayed to the more well known classics..

100mph dancers to 10mph ballads..

LP only tracks..a bit of everything,to hopefully suit all tastes..aslong as its 6TS !!

See you there,

Nick :)

Edited by nick hackett
Guest stash313

A couple left field tracks that might get some spins upstairs in the Modern room for me.

1.) Adika Pongo - Chill Out (Italian group been doing big things for me, nice mid-tempo dancer)

2.) The Stylistics - It Started Out (Underplayed Dancer from a group more well known for their ballads)

3.) Black Masses Orchestra - Love Ballad

A few more later :D

If anyone is thinking of booking 'last minute' well do it now :) I understand Great Western Hotel will be sold out by the end of the week :wub: only a few rooms left

Weather has been great down here, we all need a little cheering up after the long winter, this is just the thing to do the job :(

Soul sun sand surf , great stuff

If anyone is thinking of booking 'last minute' well do it now :) I understand Great Western Hotel will be sold out by the end of the week :wub: only a few rooms left

Weather has been great down here, we all need a little cheering up after the long winter, this is just the thing to do the job :(

Soul sun sand surf , great stuff

I agree Joto, we've extended our stay for three days. Really can't wait...

Soul and Cornish Sun (hopefully)

:(

Managed to squeeze some more Rooms out of the Hotel.

Now got 5 doubles/twins - Friday and Saturday night room and breakfast plus Weekend Pass - 99 pounds per person.

and there's one twin available at The Griffin - Friday and Saturday night room and breakfast plus Weekend Pass - 89 per person.

Info and Booking - www.soulvation.biz

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Did you get the emails I sent you regarding the payment of our balance for the accomodation?

Cheers,

Iu

ONE FOR THE MODERN ROOM

LOVES IN TOWN - BRENDA BOYKIN - THIS COULD BE THE NEW, "THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE" - WAS A BEE /MARIO BIONDI

AND ONE FOR BOTH ROOMS

YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF - LLOYD PRICE - (ANOTHER CLASS VERSION OF THE BARBARA HALL, OLD MECCA CLASSIC)

Don't be threatening me with that Mario Biondi track, you'll have me in the northern room!!.. :thumbup:

The Lloyd Price thing sounds interesting though.. :thumbup:

Jayne.x

Now got 5 doubles/twins - Friday and Saturday night room and breakfast plus Weekend Pass - 99 pounds per person.

and there's one twin available at The Griffin - Friday and Saturday night room and breakfast plus Weekend Pass - 89 per person.

Thanks,

Neil

Forgot to say, Music Passes for the Weekend 20 quid and going fast.

Guest stash313

Thanks,

Neil

Forgot to say, Music Passes for the Weekend 20 quid and going fast.

Another one for you - The Temptations Cloud Nine Funk re-edit.... :thumbsup:

Edited by stash313

All rooms at The Griffin now gone.

At Great Western now have available

1 -1 x Double - 99 pounds per person Friday and Saturday accomodation inc Weekend Pass

2 -3 x Double/Twin - same deal as above

3 -1 x Single - 140 for Friday and Saturday inc Weekend Pass.

Accomodation includes Cooked Breakfast.

Weekend Passes 20 each

For full info on the Weekender and to Book On Line/Details of to pay by cheque - to to the web site

www.soulvation.biz

All the Best,

Neil

Websites looking good neil! :)

right - bring on Friday week , our first weekender of the year

[ I know....... we need to get out more ]

but we are soooo looking forward to this one

everytime we do a weekender in Newquay we have such a brill time . And it's looking like the weather is going to be loveley too !

see you there - if you've not sorted tickets yet get onto www.soulvation.biz pronto

right - bring on Friday week , our first weekender of the year

[ I know....... we need to get out more ]

but we are soooo looking forward to this one

everytime we do a weekender in Newquay we have such a brill time . And it's looking like the weather is going to be loveley too !

see you there - if you've not sorted tickets yet get onto www.soulvation.biz pronto

It's our 5th (!! :) ) weekender of the year and I'm Sooo looking forward to this. Can I pack yet?.. smile.gif

Jayne.x

Guest stash313

Griffin - full

Great Western - just 2 rooms left, we have 2 x twin rooms left @ 99 pounds per person for Friday and Saturday accomodation plus breakfast/weekend pass.

First come, first served, to book go on line - www.soulvation.biz

Weekend Passes - 20 pounds each.

Thanks,

Neil

Ohhh Two left!

Good going Neil!

Well done mate. :thumbsup:

Guest stash313

Don't be threatening me with that Mario Biondi track, you'll have me in the northern room!!.. :thumbsup:

The Lloyd Price thing sounds interesting though.. :yes:

Jayne.x

HERE IS THE BRENDA BOYKIN FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT.................... thumbup.gif:D:D:D

Nice stuff John...

Counting down the days now.

:thumbsup: