• Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Gonna be one big party down here in cornwall biggrin.gif

Tons of djs , lots of styles, something for everyone ,

Theres a buzz about Newquay, wherever you go someone seems to be talking about the 'soul weekender'

It can't come quick enough for me !!

Gonna be one big party down here in cornwall :unsure:

Theres a buzz about Newquay, wherever you go someone seems to be talking about the 'soul weekender'

You're right Tony

Bedford Boys and Girls will be in attendance, will be a great warm up for your event in September

Steve

Guest Dr Pickles

Gorgeous weather down here in the land of Cider and Soul.

Can't wait to get down to Newquay on Friday. Getting there early afternoon to make the most of the day and chill in the "cliff top" beer garden at the Great Western.

Quick preview for those that have not been before:

100721_0.jpg

This is from the garden of the bar next to the hotel. :thumbup:

Sounds like lots of folks coming down for this :thumbup: . Some can't make the whole weekend but great to hear they're coming down just for Saturday night and probably sunrise Sunday morning :(

See you there

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles

Gonna be one big party down here in cornwall :ohmy:

Never mind the buzz in Newquay - there's a buzz in Manchester about it! LOL :thumbup:

It's my mum's first soul weekender too.. :P .. she's not mad on northern so expect to see us in

the modern room.

Taking my mum to a soul weekender! whatever next.. rolleyes.gif

Jayne.x

Never mind the buzz in Newquay - there's a buzz in Manchester about it! LOL :P

It's my mum's first soul weekender too.. unsure.gif .. she's not mad on northern so expect to see us in

the modern room.

Taking my mum to a soul weekender! whatever next.. rolleyes.gif

Jayne.x

After the agony of watching the match this afternoon at St Andrews (was the 24 years old ref on drugs or is he just an idiot?)going to Newquay means I will avoid the same nervous terror of watching Blues next Saturday which is a good thing, my nerves can't take the horror of a promotion campaign.

By the way Nige - congratulations to Wolves, great win today.

Never mind the buzz in Newquay - there's a buzz in Manchester about it! LOL smile.gif

It's my mum's first soul weekender too.. :g: .. she's not mad on northern so expect to see us in

the modern room.

Taking my mum to a soul weekender! whatever next.. :lol:

Jayne.x

How brilliant !

see you there

Jo x

After the agony of watching the match this afternoon at St Andrews (was the 24 years old ref on drugs or is he just an idiot?)going to Newquay means I will avoid the same nervous terror of watching Blues next Saturday which is a good thing, my nerves can't take the horror of a promotion campaign.

Aww.. lots of sympathy for you!.

Will there be any football on in the bar at all Neil?

Jayne.x.

Jayne.x.

Sorry - Just realised that's probably a stupid and rather annoying question. You're organising a soul weekender not my football viewing.

I find it annoying when people start asking promotors irrelevant questions and expect their entire weekend planned for them so I can't believe I did that.

(I'll be asking you what the weather's going to be like next, whether I should wear a hat or what's on the menu at the nearest restaurant!.) rolleyes.gif

Jayne.x

my nerves can't take the horror of a promotion campaign.

It's preferable to the terror of a relegation campaign sad.gif

Missing Sunderland away this weekend. 1st 'weekend' away game I'll have missed all season....

Then again, after witnessing the horror of Middlesbrough on Saturday it's probably not a bad thing...

Yours, resigned-to-relegationedly

Steve

It's preferable to the terror of a relegation campaign sad.gif

Missing Sunderland away this weekend. 1st 'weekend' away game I'll have missed all season....

Then again, after witnessing the horror of Middlesbrough on Saturday it's probably not a bad thing...

Yours, resigned-to-relegationedly

Steve

At least you'll still have league footy, spare a thought for Luton :D:lol::lol:

Sorry - Just realised that's probably a stupid and rather annoying question. You're organising a soul weekender not my football viewing.

I find it annoying when people start asking promotors irrelevant questions and expect their entire weekend planned for them so I can't believe I did that.

(I'll be asking you what the weather's going to be like next, whether I should wear a hat or what's on the menu at the nearest restaurant!.) rolleyes.gif

Jayne.x

Jayne ,

- big screen in the great western hotel right next door . will be showing both semi finals [ and more probably ].

- good italian right across the road [ bookings sometime needed for Sat night ]. magic food at ' jamies 15 ' up the coast if you're mobile and feeling flush.

- and yep.....wear a hat to keep the sun off - forecast is good !

- ask me another !

see you Friday

pete

Guest peter burke

I'M COMIN' HOME IN THE MORNIN' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well very nearly, actually bringing my mother home from sunny Beverley, in Yorkshire where I now live back to REDRUTH.

At least the roads are better now than when we used to travel up to WIGAN, MANCHESTER, LEICESTER ETC. but still a blooming long long way, so when you meet someone at a venue from CORNWALL be extra nice, they have travelled a long way to be there.

Pete and I are so looking forward to this and will be the final leg of his 50th birthday tour! but the start of MINE! lol

love from KAREN XXXXXXXXXXXX

Well very nearly, actually bringing my mother home from sunny Beverley, in Yorkshire where I now live back to REDRUTH.

At least the roads are better now than when we used to travel up to WIGAN, MANCHESTER, LEICESTER ETC. but still a blooming long long way, so when you meet someone at a venue from CORNWALL be extra nice, they have travelled a long way to be there.

Pete and I are so looking forward to this and will be the final leg of his 50th birthday tour! but the start of MINE! lol

Be Lovely to see YOU TWO guys !! thumbup.gif

seeya there

Nige B x

Guest stash313

Probably just an idiot Neil judging on the completely in-ept performance of Alan Wiley at our place on Saturday.

Its nice for once in a while to have a season where we're safe irrespective of future results. Although it looks as though we've taken our foot off the gas a little in the last few games.

Luckily for me we should have played United on Saturday but due to the cup that been moved to May.

biggrin.gif

Guest gfarrington

Jayne.x.

we dont have a game this weekend jayne , its been moved to tue night home to the arse

Probably just an idiot Neil judging on the completely in-ept performance of Alan Wiley at our place on Saturday.

- Funnily enough he is the most famous person from Burntwood which is where I live - and supposed to be a top bloke.

Away from the football chat - lots of enquiries today about Newquay and yes weekend passes still available at 20 quid each. At this stage in the game they can be booked via Pay Pal - address is

sales@soulvation.biz

or can be reserved to pay for on the door.

All the Best,

Neil

Guest stash313

Jayne ,

- big screen in the great western hotel right next door . will be showing both semi finals [ and more probably ].

- good italian right across the road [ bookings sometime needed for Sat night ]. magic food at ' jamies 15 ' up the coast if you're mobile and feeling flush.

- and yep.....wear a hat to keep the sun off - forecast is good !

- ask me another !

see you Friday

pete

LOL - fantastic! :rolleyes:

Cheers Pete,

Jayne.x

- Funnily enough he is the most famous person from Burntwood which is where I live - and supposed to be a top bloke.

Away from the football chat - lots of enquiries today about Newquay and yes weekend passes still available at 20 quid each. At this stage in the game they can be booked via Pay Pal - address is

sales@soulvation.biz

All the Best,

Neil

There's been a big buzz on this in the North West recently. A lot of interest.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Guest stash313

sales@soulvation.biz

All the Best,

Neil

If I ever see him in Wigan again I'll personally post him back to Burntwood free of charge. Inept top four loving idiot! :rolleyes:

Has all accomodation sold out?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on friday.

Has all accomodation sold out?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on friday.

-------------------------------------

Yes, allocation in both hotels sold out,

Managed to wangle 2 more twins from Great Western if anyone interested, all singles, family rooms, doubles gone.

Just sorting out records for the Modern room - packing the original of David Bendeth "Feel The Real" for the Saturday afternoon jazz-funk session, and the equally wonderful Jazz'n'Groove remix of it (the pefect jazz-funks meets Soulful House fusion?) for Friday and Saturday nights.

Another oldie - Ferry Ultra featuring Roy Ayers "Dangerous Vibes" - set to get an hammering too...

Let's hope the weather's good.

Neil

Guest stash313

Hi Neil

Is the running order sorted for the 2 rooms yet ? :wacko:

Starting to pack already,, and which tunes to take down is a Nitemare!! :rolleyes:

Nige b x

Same here Mr Nige...

I'm looking forward to the carrying of lots of 12's over to the venue from the hotel and the subsequent stagger back to said hotel.

Jayne can help though. LOL :yes:

Guest Dr Pickles

I've been contacted about the running order for the weekend.

This is taken straight off the Neil's website - www.soulvation.biz

FRIDAY - WELCOME TO THE WEEKENDER PARTY NIGHT

Cellar Bar - 7pm till 2am

Upstairs - 6pm till 1am

SATURDAY AFTRNOON SESSIONS - 2PM TILL 6PM

Cellar Bar - Rarest Of The Rare

Upstairs - Vintage Jazz Funk

SATURDAY NIGHT - LET'S HAVE IT!

Cellar Bar - 8pm till 2am

Upstairs - 7pm till Iam

SUNDAY FINALE - 2PM TILL MIDNIGHT

All-Dayer in the Cellar Bar - a mix up of Rare/Northern and Modern/Alternative

Hope this helps

Doc

Another thought ,,,,as weve never been before :D

Dont think its been mentioned on the thread ,,,,, :no:

Is there a Record Sales area at all in the venue ,, once an Anorak etc etc etc!! :g::yes::lol::lol::(

Torchboy x

Dealers have sold there in the past even though it's a bit cramped.

Derek Mead will be setting up a stall,as Joe Dunlop is coming along there's almost certainly going to be some tasty Briish red and white demos to tempt us.

Here's the DJ times.

Saturday night supposed to finish at 2am in the Cellar Bar but hopefully, as in previous years, we will be able to carry on a bit longer.

CELLAR BAR

FRIDAY NIGHT

7PM - DEREK MEAD

8PM - ADY HEANEY

9PM - PETE HULLAT

10PM -ADY LUPTON

10.30PM - DAVID SANTIAGO

11.15PM - NIGE BROWN

MIDNIGHT - PETE LYSTER

12.45AM - DR PICKLES

1.30AM - MICK H

SATURDAY AFTERNOON "NOT THE NORTHERN SOUL TOP 500"

1PM - ADY HEANEY

2PM - PETE HULLATT

2.45PM - NIGE BROWN

3.30PM - LEE VOWLES

4PM - NICK HACKETT

4.45PM - PETE LYSTER

5.15PM - MICK H

SATURDAY NIGHT - LET'S HAVE IT

8PM - DR PICKLES

9PM - ADY HEANEY

9.45PM - NEIL RUSHTON

10.15PM - PETE LYSTER

11PM - MICK H

MIDNIGHT - ADY LUPTON

12.30AM - DAVID SANTIAGO

1AM - NIGE BROWN

1.30AM - PETE HULLATT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPSTAIRS - THE ALTERNATIVE ROOM, A MIX OF MODERN SOUL, CLASSICS, JAZZ FUNK, DISCO AND SO- SOULFUL HOUSE.

FRIDAY NIGHT

7PM - SEAN LIVESEY

8PM - TONY BOWLD

9PM - JOHN FISHER

10PM - NEIL RUSHTON

10.45PM - TERRY JONES

12.15AM TILL IAM FINISH - STEVE WOOMBLE

SATURDAY AFTERNOON 1PM TILL 6PM

JAZZ FUNK ERA REVIVAL SPECIAL

SATURDAY NIGHT - 7PM TILL 1AM

7PM - TONY BOWD

8PM - JOHN FISHER

9PM - STEVE WOOMBLE

10PM - TERRY JONES

11PM - SEAN LIVESEY

MIDNIGHT TILL IAM FINISH - LEE VOWLES AND NEIL RUSHTON

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUNDAY FINALE PARTY 3PM TILL MIDNIGHT

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

WWW.SOULVATION.BIZ

Edited by NeilRushton1
Guest stash313

Here's the DJ times.

Saturday night supposed to finish at 2am in the Cellar Bar but hopefully, as in previous years, we will be able to carry on a bit longer.

CELLAR BAR

FRIDAY NIGHT

7PM - DEREK MEAD

8PM - ADY HEANEY

9PM - PETE HULLAT

10PM -ADY LUPTON

10.30PM - DAVID SANTIAGO

11.15PM - NIGE BROWN

MIDNIGHT - PETE LYSTER

1.30AM - MICK H

SATURDAY AFTERNOON "NOT THE NORTHERN SOUL TOP 500"

1PM - ADY HEANEY

2PM - PETE HULLATT

2.45PM - NIGE BROWN

3.30PM - LEE VOWLES

4PM - NICK HACKETT

4.45PM - PETE LYSTER

5.15PM - MICK H

SATURDAY NIGHT - LET'S HAVE IT

8PM - DR PICKLES

9PM - ADY HEANEY

9.45PM - NEIL RUSHTON

10.15PM - PETE LYSTER

11PM - MICK H

MIDNIGHT - ADY LUPTON

12.30AM - DAVID SANTIAGO

1AM - NIGE BROWN

1.30AM - PETE HULLATT

UPSTAIRS - THE ALTERNATIVE ROOM, A MIX OF MODERN SOUL, CLASSICS, JAZZ FUNK, DISCO AND SO- SOULFUL HOUSE.

FRIDAY NIGHT

7PM - SEAN LIVESEY

8PM - TONY BOWLD

9PM - JOHN FISHER

10PM - NEIL RUSHTON

10.45PM - TERRY JONES

MIDNIGHT TILL IAM FINISH - STEVE WOOMBLE

SATURDAY AFTERNOON 1PM TILL 6PM

JAZZ FUNK ERA REVIVAL SPECIAL

SATURDAY NIGHT - 7PM TILL 1AM

7PM - TONY BOWD

8PM - JOHN FISHER

9PM - STEVE WOOMBLE

10PM - TERRY JONES

11PM - SEAN LIVESEY

MIDNIGHT TILL IAM FINISH - LEE VOWLES AND NEIL RUSHTON

SUNDAY FINALE PARTY 3PM TILL MIDNIGHT

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

WWW.SOULVATION.BIZ

Oh that's looking very tasty!

:lol:

This is gonna be a bostin weekender - shame I cant get there this year due to recent bereavement - I was really looking forward to it.

Look after the Soulvation door staff folks (Daz and Ray), a tipple now and then will be much appreciated. Marie .... please keep em under control! As for the rest of the Soulvation team, Neil, Nige, John etc just enjoy.

I hope everyone has a ball and dont forget to post some pics to show what I have missed :lol:

Gail x

Guest ruppy

ok not long now for another newquay special ,gonna one hell of a party,

the 17 seater minibus is ready to roll from Notts

Karen & Pete glad you can make it ,see ya fri

so till fri

b good

Mick H

HALFTIME ORANGE,IT,S BACK

FRIDAY MAY IST,8PM TILL 230AM, TWO ROOM EVENT

NEXT DOOR TO LEICESTER FC,

Edited by ruppy
Guest stash313

Ahhhh!

Mr and Mrs Burke.

Good stuff, look forward to seeing you in Cornish Cornwall. :lol:

ok not long now for another newquay special ,gonna one hell of a party,

the 17 seater minibus is ready to roll from Notts

Karen & Pete glad you can make it ,see ya fri

so till fri

b good

Mick H

HALFTIME ORANGE,IT,S BACK

FRIDAY MAY IST,8PM TILL 230AM, TWO ROOM EVENT